Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise tracking gone from Fitbit iOS App dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why was the "Track Exercise" option removed from the Fitbit Dashboard?  It used to be there, but now I have to tap the "+" symbol at the bottom of the screen and a submenu appears with "Track Exercise" as an option, along with other things like "Log Food", "Log Sleep", etc.  It was so much simpler when "Track Exercise" was just part of the Dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hey @JenTX, it is cool to see you around more often! Woman Happy Have you made sure that you haven't hidden the tiles on your Fitbit Dashboard? Please follow these instructions in order to show the tiles on your Fitbit app: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click Edit at the bottom of the dashboard.
  2. To hide tiles, tap the x or -  icon in the top left corner of the tile you want to hide.
  3. To show hidden tiles, tap or click the + icon in the top left corner of the tile you want to show.
  4. To rearrange tiles, hold and drag the tile to a new location.
  5. Tap or click Done.

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

This sounds like a good idea; however (please see screen-shot) the "Edit" option is not clickable since it is hidden behind the "+" symbol. No obvious way to actually touch the "Edit" option.

Thank you,

JennaIMG_4575.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenTX  You should be able to pull on the screen to change its position.  You have the same tiles I do and that is the only way to see the whole screen.  You should be able to pull up to move the screen to see the Edit button.  If your screen won't move, I suggest a Force Quit and re-open the app.  Step two is to delete then re-install the app.

Issues can be platform specific -- are you using iOS, Android or Windows?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Hi LZeeW,

Thanks for your suggestion.  Yes, of course I can move the screen; however as soon as I remove my finger from the screen, it immediately bounces back to the original “cover-up-the-Edit-button” position. And while I am holding it up away from “Edit” then of course it is un-clickable. As for force-quit, yes of course I have already tried that, also complete reboot of the iPhone, and it made no difference. I’d say the problem is in the app itself; at least this version, which I just downloaded. Past versions displayed no such situation. The phone is iPhone SE, and running iOS 10.3.3.

Regards,

Jenna
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @JenTX, thanks for your reply and for posting the screenshot! Woman Happy Please try to log out and log back in to the Fitbit account. Beside that, I'd like you to tell me if you already tried what @LZeeW suggested about  force quit and re-open the app. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

@JenTX  Interesting that your experience is similar to a bug that appeared with the app Friends list doing the same thing.  So I understand exactly what you are describing.

You say you have the most current version of the app, which is 2.46.  You say that your iOS version is 10.3.3.  Is that the most current version of iOS that your phone will support?  The most current version is 11.2.6.  Not sure that is the reason.

Also, I am going to move this whole thread to the iOS app forum.  This is certainly an app issue.  If others are having the same problem, we can keep this all together.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Yes, I had already tried logging in and out, force-quit, re-launching the app, and really, just about any other common iPhone problem-solving technique.

Thanks,
Jenna

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

You might be correct about the Fitbit app not being compatible with the slightly older version of iOS; however I have never heard of an app not being compatible with an older version of iOS—looks like it would always handle an older version, with problems occurring with trying to run it on a newer version of iOS.  Surely developers would test a new app version with older OS’s wouldn’t they, before releasing?  In any event, I have iOS 11 on another app and I absolutely HATE it; therefore will not be ruining my iPhone with this buggy version of iOS.

Thanks,

Jenna
Best Answer
0 Votes

After upgrading to iOS 11, I was finally able to try your answer, which involved tapping "Edit" then selecting "Track Exercise" and tapping the "+" in upper left corner to add it to the dashboard menu. Unfortunately, "Track Exercise" does not have a "+" and therefore cannot be added to the menu, as shown in my screen shot. So, my original question remains: Why, oh WHY did they remove this feature from the dashboard?  Other things such as "Scan Barcode" or "Log Sleep" would have been my choices to remove; those things are totally unnecessary IMHO.Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 3.20.43 PM.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JenTX  From your original screen shot, it looks like your Exercise Tile is missing from your dashboard.  If you tap on the red Edit button at the bottom of the dashboard, your tiles will become animated.  Any missing tiles will have a red + sign in the upper left.  Does the Exercise Tile appear for you?  If it does, tap the red +, then Done.

I hope this is the answer you are looking for.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes