Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
@Mikeblakeney

Here is what fixed mine. Several others followed my post on this and have had success as well. Let me know if it resolves the problem.

1. Go into settings on your iPhone and select Bluetooth

2. Look on the list of devices and see if the Charge HR (or the device that you have) is listed. If it is select the device and choose “forget this device”.

3. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone

4. Have your FitBit in hand. Open the FitBit app on your iPhone and as it syncs it should tell you that there is an update. You have to select update now and this should end up downloading the new software as well as sync with your Charge HR. This may take a little while.

*Note*
If the update doesn’t download the first time, definitely try it again as it may be stuck from the previous time.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Good luck !🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

I have the most recent updates on both my iPhone 6s and Fitbit app.  I had the charge 2 but returned it because it wouldn’t sync.  I also couldn’t get it to synch using my laptop.  It kept losing the signal so there must be an issue with the Bluetooth itself.

Best Answer

1) I purchased an Alta on 24th September and have not been able to sync, update etc since purchase.

2) Fitbit Alta

3) 11.0.2 (15A421)

4) Optus 29.0.1

This issue means i cannot use the Alta, I am ready to return it to the shop for a refund as it is 'not able to be used as intended when sold'

Best Answer

I have iPhone 6 with all current app updates. First noticed problem with syncing first week in October. Getting really frustrated and ready to return my Fitbit Blaze to shop for refund. Purchase 2017 Sydney Australia. 

Best Answer

10/9/17 date of syncing error

surge model

iphone 6+

deleted surge from app now can't find to connect- I try daily 

verizon wireless phone carriee

Best Answer

1. Today (I updated my iOS last night) 

2. IPhone 7s

3. IOS 11.0.3

4. EE

Its not able to sync, telling me my phones Bluetooth isn’t on, despite my Bluetooth being connected to my Fitbit in settings 

Best Answer

I first got the FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 today.

i am using the Fitbit Charge HR

I have an iPhone with iOS version 11.0.2

my carrier is AT&T

i tried to update my Charge HR, got the error and now my Fitbit won't do anything.

Best Answer

Not getting error - but not finding my Blaze anymore. iPhone 7 plus  iOS 11.0.3 - Bell Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not getting error  App cant find my Blaze  iOS 11.0.3

nevermind  user error 😕😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Fitbit chsrge2

I noticed yesterday morning 630am (not been synced since Thursday 830sm) 

i have iphone 6s

Running version 11.0.3 now as done yesterday at 730am ish) 

I’m on EE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge2

iphone 7

all updates installed won’t all day sync & can’t get message or phone call notifications 

Best Answer

Few weeks ago when I was trying to update my fitbit through my work and personal computers. It has not been working since July 2017. I have the Charge HR

MacOS Sierra, version 10.12.6

Verizon

Followed the instructions but still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having syncing problems as well. I have a Fitbit Flex. Problems started on 10/14/17 after I updated to i0S 11.0.3. I use AT&T. Please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Over the last three days I have been unable to use the fitbit due to the FBBluetoothErrorDomainerror18.

Fault first started on 12-10-2017 (Never gone away since 😞 )

Iphone 6  version 11.03

Fitbit Alta HR (Purchased August 2017)

Network BT

It was working fine but after charging the Fitbit it went in to lockout and all I get on the screen is a series of dots set out in a diamond shape.

Cant do anything with it and it wont work, useless the way it is currently.

Tried all below items and its still not working.

-Re-booting phone

-Tried pressing the little button on the usb plug.. (if that's what you call it and does it really do anything)

-Forgetting bluetooth connection and then reconnected

-shut all programmed down and re-booted phone

-logging off and back in of the fitbit App.

-Up dated the fibit App

-Tried to replace fit bit but will not connect, gives a code on the fitbit but will not allow the phone to connect, just keeps sending a new code.

Apart from returning it to where we brought it from that's the only thing left.

Please advise.

Best Answer

I received my Ionic on Thursday. Since then, it hasn't synced sleep or HR data. 1. Last night, I was trying to reset it and received that message. 

2. Ionic 

3. iOS 10.3.3 

4. Verizon 

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 8 

blaze

O2

really annoying

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem after i updated my ios. Anyone has any solution to this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit will not sync either I first noticed this about 1:30 this afternoon.I am currently using the fitbit one. I have the latest updates on my iphone and my fitbit. My provider is verizon. This is very frustrating. I cannot sync on my laptop either!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Flex2 won’t sync today. App says my iPhone Bluetooth is not on. It is. Ios11. 

Best Answer

I have not gotten this error but my charge 2 stopped getting text and phone notifications yesterday 10/14/17. 

It will sync info but that’s it. I have an iPhone 8 plus (AT&T)running IOS 11.0.3 and I have the latest update from Fitbit. Everything worked great till yesterday. I have to turn phone to silent at work and depend on the notifications on charge 2 throughout the day. This is very annoying. I hope this problem is fixed very soon . 

Best Answer