Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

Thanks!  It worked for me too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I began experiencing the same error message yesterday night (10/29/17) when trying to update to the latest version of the app. I'm currently on Version 12.2. The update proceeded to about 50% and then stopped. My fitbit will only display a 50% completed bar and nothing else on the screen. I have tried restarting the fitbit and it will not work. I have a Charge HR and a IPhone.

Best Answer

I have tried it for several time in iOS application. Then i kept it charged, logged in to some android device and started pairing. This works fine for me. Then sync again in iPhone. Seems fine without issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Follow steps from Dawn126's post 306.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I start to see this error message yesterday, the first time that I set up my Alta. OS 11.3.0, T-mobile. I can not sync at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to update my FitBit yesterday.  However, I was half-way through the process when I had to disconnect it from the computer and leave WiFi (my phone was still with me and I thought was still working on it, but didn't realize I needed to still have it plugged in/connected).  It wasn't until later in the evening when I realized it wasn't working.

Today, I have tried to reconnect it and restart the update and am getting this error message.  It won't move on from it and I'm not sure how to reset it to start hte update over.  The screen shows the "update bar" halfway full, or it shows nothing, as if it's dead.  What do I need to do?

Best Answer

Hi Everyone - for those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here. In addition, please check out this help article if you haven't already. 

Thanks Dawn! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what happened to me and it won't work and they basically told me they can't do anything to fix it...

Best Answer
Look up a post from dawn126. That’s what worked for me. Don’t give up. Reinstall your app and forgot the device on Bluetooth and re add.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I was able to get mine fixed. I had to remove the device from my Fitbit app, then do a reset. When I added it back in, it started/completed the update. It’s working fine now (or seems to be). I found this by going through some of the helps on their website. I’ll see if I can find it again and post a link to the instructions.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Dawn!! This worked for me...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit hr 2 stopped trying to update yesterday an hasn't finished... On the fit bit it's self it's still  showing half updated since 3pm yesterday! An now Everytime I try to make it go further it give me the error messages on my phone an it shows that my Fitbit isn't completely charged an my Fitbit won't do anything except when I do have it on charge I can hold the button down for like 5 secs an it'll flash the green button the then stop! But other than that I don't get anything out of it! What do I do! 

I count on my fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  Thank you!  This suggestion worked perfectly!  All it took was one try and I’m back up and running!  Appreciate the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go look at a post by dawn126. That’s what fixed mine. I had to forget this device from blue tooth and I reinstalled the app and my Bluetooth. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit HR was working fine until I tried to update this morning. It crashed and I tried to reset it, with help from customer support. Now it won't do anything and they basically said "sorry" but since it is out of warranty they won't replace it. It was fine until this and the update caused this crash so i am not happy about how this was "resolved". I don't want to buy a new one, even with a discount, since this was a problem created by the update. If Fitbit knew this was an issue, they should have immediately stopped telling people to update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same exact problem. It can be fixed!! Read a post from dawn126. You need to forget the device on the app and Bluetooth. Disconnect from Bluetooth reinstall app and add the device again as a new one. It worked for me. Good as new!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all that. No response. I’ll try again but I’m not optimistic.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wasn’t either. It does work I promise! I thought my tracker had quit but it was just this stupid update!!!! I spent an hour on the phone with Fitbit and they were not helpful at all. 🤞🤞🤞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Fitbit is completely dead now and I can’t get it to turn on so the app can’t find it to add the device.

- Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to your phone's settings, go to bluetooth. Select your FitBit from My Devices and then click on Forget this Device. Go to the FitBit app and try installing again. Then after the install is complete it asks to pair with your device again. Charge HR is now connected again and problem solved

Best Answer
0 Votes