Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641
I had the same issue. Here is what I did to get it to work:

1. Go into settings on your iPhone and select Bluetooth

2. Look on the list of devices and see if the Charge HR (or your device type) is listed. If it is, select the device and choose “forget this device”.

3. Turn Bluetooth off on your phone

4. Have your FitBit in hand. Open the FitBit app on your iPhone and as it syncs it should tell you that there is an update. You have to select update now and this should end up downloading the new software as well as sync with your Charge HR. This may take a little while.

*Note*
If the update doesn’t download the first time, definitely try it again as it may be stuck from the previous time.

Also if you get an error that your Bluetooth is off and need to turn it on to sync go ahead and do so. Those that are getting that error after they have deselected their FitBit and turned BlueTooth completely off, has worked.

I hope this is helpful for you. Let me know if it does or doesn’t and if it doesn’t let me know what it says. I am receiving some modifications to what I did that is working for others.

Good luck !🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
I had the same issue. Here is what I did to get it to work:

2. Look on the list of devices and see if the Charge HR (or whatever your device is) is listed. If it is select the device and choose “forget this device”.

4. Have your FitBit in hand. Open the FitBit app on your iPhone and as it syncs it should tell you that there is an update. You have to select update now and this should end up downloading the new software as well as sync with your Charge HR. This may take a little while.

*Note*
If the update doesn’t download the first time, definitely try it again as it may be stuck from the previous time.

Let me know if this does or doesn’t work. If it doesn’t please let me know what error you are getting and I will see if I have received anything as to a solution.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Good luck !🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer

@Dawn126

That is exactly what I told everyone back on page 8 of this thread.

By the way, when  you reply to a person it puts it up on the iOS forum each time so you have replied to 5 people but it’s put it up for everyone on here. 😉 have a read.  

Most important thing to remember for everyone is;

DO NOT DELETE THE FIT BIT APP OR YOUR DEVICE FROM  THE FIT BIT APP.

Reading the replies on this forum it appears to lock the device up and then will not communicate with ANY phone or tablet. 

I understand that the support engineer are trying to resolve that problem. 

Best Answer
Hi there 🙂

I had the same issue. FitBit says they are working on it but this has been know. For a couple of weeks and still no fix in place. I was tired of waiting and figured out a fix on my own. Here is what I did to get it to work:

2. Look on the list of devices and see if the Charge HR (or the device that you have) is listed. If it is, select the device and choose “forget this device”.

*Note*

Please let me know if this resolves the issue. If it doesn’t please let me know the error and I can see if I have some information.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Good luck !🙂

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer

@Dawn126

Yes I think we get the point thanks. 

Do you realise the “reply” button is replying to the whole iOS forum rather than just the one individual 😁

Best Answer

The latest instalment. 😱

After trying iOS, Android and now installed App on Windows 10

it still refuses to connect. ☹️

It gets stuck on “we found your tracker “ and although it’s shows connected via Bluetooth. 

And yes done done all the disconnect Bluetooth, reboot PC and restart tracker.

nearly 2 weeks now and counting. 

Does anyone else else think that the Fitbit support is failing on this or is it just me ?

Best Answer
I was not aware until you mentioned it. I was in my email account and replying to messages of what I thought was a specific individual. I was not on the community posting. My intent was to be helpful not to annoy.

Sent from my iPhone
Dawn Fehr
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope I did they same with no luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AnDCh

Thanks for the info. It was one I hadn’t tried.

however it didn’t work for me. 😭

@KateFitbit

More  information for you or the engineers. 

When I can actually get it to try and connect it shows connected but no (i) in the end to select to forget the device. 

Any thoughts. ? 

Here the is the picture. CD241832-5BC2-4CDD-97D5-87F1B2200F04.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much your instructions worked perfect.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dawn126 Thanks for the tips, appreciate your sharing this in the Community. We have to clean up some of the posts because of cross posting, next time feel free to update your original post and @ any user you would like to respond to. 

@Goldfish59 Not sure why your iphone won't let you forget the device. Have you tried force quitting the settings and restarting your phone. It also seems like this is a tracker issue if you have experienced this on Android, iOS and Windows. I see there is a support case and will send you a PM. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started seeing this message today, October 26, 2017, when I went to update my Charge because it was saying there was an update available. I am running  iOS 11.0.3, the latest version on an iPhone 7 and I am using AT&T as a carrier. I had no issues with my charge not syncing before I went to do the update this evening. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit: blaze

iphone version 11.03

trying to update since 10.24.17

Updated app, checked iPhone software, uninstalled and reinstalled app.  Nothing works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracker not syncing properly since Oct 20th.  Just received notice of Tracker update today and have repeatedly had this error

Best Answer
0 Votes

Surge 

iphone 6s

ios 11.03

Rogers Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge hr

iphone 6 with updated iOS 

have att for my provider 

fitbit said I had to do an update 10/26/17

got domain error halfway through the update

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve received this message and my Charge HR is stuck and won’t update. Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unpair the Fitbit from the phone

Go to the Fitbit app and click update

It will prompt you to turn bluetooth back on 

Pair the watch to your phone as if it was the first time

Sync your Fitbit and then update

Worked for me.

Good luck.

Keep it moving, one step at a time.
Best Answer
0 Votes