Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641
Perform a reset by holding down the button for 12 sec while connected to power

Bluetooth needs to forget the device. Also remove the device from your fitbit app

Turn around and reset it up. Have bluetooth reacquire the device and add it back into the fitbit app
After this my device worked

DANORA Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes -  that worked !  That was the only thing left I hadnt tried and it was next.  Thank you !

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fixed my Charge HR.... FINALLY !!!  🙂  I was trying all sorts of things to fix this, but nothing worked. Finally, going to Bluetooth and asking it to Forget the Fitbit Charge HR device, turning off Bluetooth and back on again allowed me to add the device. (I had previously removed it because of an earlier suggested solution.)  THIS time when adding it and it tried to update, the update completed. Thank-you SO much !!! 🙂

Best Answer
Try going to the blue tooth on your phone and go to the credit card looking
thing at the top right hand corner and "forget this device" then re add it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much! I was really concerned that I'd have to get chat support to troubleshoot and send another Fitbit but this worked! Thanks you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the error code now too.  It appears halfway through the syncing process.  I updated my app, but it did not resolve the problem.  How do I fix this?

1. When did you first see this error message? 12-4-17
  2. What device model do you have? Charge HR
  3. What iOS version are you currently running? 10.2.1
  4. What phone provider do you have (Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc)? Verizon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind!  Just saw the above posts about disconnecting the Bluetooth from the device.  It worked perfectly! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a fitbit charge hr.  I got the same hr18.  So I disconnected the fitbit and now I cant get it back on my account.  No matter what I do my fitbit is stuck in the middle of an update and cant go anywhere.  Looks like my days with fitbit are ending since no solutions have worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you follow the procedures outlined in this thread? If you did and it’s still not working, call them and complain. You shouldn’t lose a Fitbit because of an update they asked you to do, especially since they know there have been problems.

- Louise
Best Answer
0 Votes

finally worked  7 times ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to the blue tooth on your phone. Go to the credit card looking icon on the top right hand corner. “Forget this device” and then the add it. Hope this works!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

had same message. My Fitbit won’t charge now. Only half charged. 

Ive disconnected it from Bluetooth  and don’t know what to do now? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Scroll through and find my solution from a couple days ago. It took me hours to riddle it out but only a couple minutes once I lines up all the steps

DANORA Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to blue tooth and “forget this device” and reinstall it. Just disconnecting it doesn’t work. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Dawn! Few months later and your post is still being used to fix our Fitbits 🙂 The company should send you some complimentary devices (by helping retain Fitbit customers!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!!!! : )

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started the update for my tracker on my iPhone 7 Plus, with iOS 11.2 and Fitbit 2.43.1. But since then my tracker is not detected by my phone’s Bluetooth and it doesn’t charge or sync. I see many posts regarding this error. But none of what’s listed on other threads have helped. Could somebody suggest what to do next? I can’t use my tracker until this is fixed 😞

Best Answer
I agree Dawn126!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes