Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the error FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Nothing works at all 

I have tried doing all the suggestions yet still my Fitbit will not work. This is so depressing really. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Good and bad news situation. The bad news first. It’s brokwn and nothing you can do about it sadly. 

Now for the good news. I contacted customer services and they tried to go through steps to fix it but couldn’t. So they offered to either send me a replacement of the same kind Fred or offer me 50% discount on another model. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
39 REPLIES 39

Hey, I’m having the same issue, before uninstalling and reinstalling the app I had the FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18. Now it’s changed to FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3. 

My HR can’t get passed around 50% update (guesstimate) from the screen. 

Tried all the solutions. 

Thanks.  

Best Answer

Yup. The update thing as well. It’s stuck half way and no matter what I do - suggestions ranging from pressing the button on the side for 10-20 seconds, reinstalling the app, removing the device and re-adding it... nothing works. 

Oh and the suggestion to uodate update the app. Nope. Nothing works. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. IMG_4825.PNG

Best Answer

My problem is exactly the same.  Any fixes?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted customer services. They tried to get me to do a few things which did not work and then they agreed to send me a new one free! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks will contact them and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I Have the same problem with my fitbit charger. Update stopped by 50% first I had error 18. New install now error 3. Grrr.  Any Ideas what I could do?

Best Answer

Good and bad news situation. The bad news first. It’s brokwn and nothing you can do about it sadly. 

Now for the good news. I contacted customer services and they tried to go through steps to fix it but couldn’t. So they offered to either send me a replacement of the same kind Fred or offer me 50% discount on another model. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now for the good news. I contacted customer services and they tried to go through steps to fix it but couldn’t. So they offered to either send me a replacement of the same kind free or 50% discount on another model. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue exactly. Got 50% then an exclamation point. Now error 18. Deleteed app, reinstall then error 3. I have tracker plugged in and hold powered for minutes and just reboots with the 50% update light. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I attempted to update my Fitbit Charge HR yesterday and received the error 18 message and then the error 3 message. This morning I was able to get rid of the rectangle of doom and update my Fitbit.

1.  In my phone settings under Bluetooth, I chose my Fitbit and told my phone to forget the device.  2.  Then I turned off Bluetooth.  3.  In the Fitbit app, I removed my Fitbit. 4.  I turned my Bluetooth on again.  5.  Last, I set up my Fitbit as if it were new.  

The process allowed me to reconnect my Fitbit and finish the update.  It seems to be working fine now.  I hope this helps.

Best Answer
Hallo

Sorry but the fix does not work. best regards Dieter
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
And what happens?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

I appreciate some of you have returned letting us know the resolution our Support Team has provided or that your issue has been resolved. 

If you're still having trouble updating your tracker (specifically the Charge HR), please try the following:

1. Restart your tracker (once again if you have already done it) and leave it plugged in and charging.
  2. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select "Forget this Device". 
  3. Open the Fitbit app and start the update once again. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Resetting, deleting the Bluetooth connection, and restarting the app fixed it for me. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @edclay, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know that your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got Domainerror 18 night before last tried all the suggestions on Community.

tonight domain error 3 . Now my Fitbit is completely dead.

even though it’s fully charged.

ive been ill since December and thought now I can get up again , I would use my Fitbit to monitor my heart rate and steps. Paired it ok until I saw message re tracker download and then it went haywire.

i love my Fitbit and don’t want to be without it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks this worked for me

Best Answer
0 Votes