Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the error FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. Nothing works at all 

I have tried doing all the suggestions yet still my Fitbit will not work. This is so depressing really. 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

The same issue tried everything not been able to use it since Aug 2017.

Best Answer
0 Votes

😞 did not work for me !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for trying the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. At this moment I would like to ask you to update the Fitbit app if you haven't done it yet, then go to your phone's Bluetooth settings and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select "Forget this Device". Then, let's add your tracker as a new device to reset the connection between your tracker and your phone; don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  2. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  3. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  4. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This works!! Thank you!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Robison, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks MarcoGFitbit . I can use  it again

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @airone59, thanks for joining the conversation, I appreciate you have let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is my understanding listed below

1. remove FB device from Bluetooth 

2. remove Fitbit Apps from your mobile device 

3. re-install apps on your device 

4. Sync the tracker or allow it Sync first ( if you have All-day Sync turn on) 

5. then go to "Account" to do the "Update"  

6. if it is version update may take longer time ( over 20 minutes) 

Hope the above helps!   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @rosal33, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to compile a list of troubleshooting steps, I'm sure they will be very helpful for many members of the Community facing the same situation. 

If there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply, I appreciate any feedback or insight from our members! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This fix worked for me thanks 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes
Happy that it worked! 😊

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JR1976, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to see you too @Rsm2mommy, thanks for replying! Smiley Happy

@JR1976, I appreciate you have taken the time to join the forums and let us know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad. If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I got it to work, and ut was different than all if the other responses. But, my “reply” giving information while at first responded to by admin thanking me for update, later removed saying it “violated the terms”?  Seriously?  Oh, well. Good luck to those who couldn’t get THIS fix to work!

This didn't work for me.  It was working fine up until I got a new iphone- iphone is up to date, uninstalled and reinstalled app- restarted watch 3 or 4 times.  Still get the same message.  😞  very frustrating. 

UPDATE:

I had to install the update on my old phone.  Then connect the fitbit to my NEW phone.  That finally worked!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Swamp_Poodles, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always a pleasure for me to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to update your post to let us know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fit bit charge is still not working i have tried everything suggested and still nothing guess i will have to get a new one again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @gothicgoddess, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know you've already tried all the troubleshooting steps provided earlier. At this moment, if you have Charge tracker, my best recommendation is to perform a Factory Reset. If after trying a Factory Reset you're still experiencing issues, please let me know so I can check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also got theFBBluetoothErrorDomain error 3 message. I tried everything listed on this thread and others but nothing worked. I finally tried a factory reset of the FitBit Charge HR but the app still can't find my FitBit. Is there anything else I can do. I really hope it's not broken. I really love my FitBit!!

UPDATE:

Also I should add that when I started having connection problems the battery life of the Fitbit also decreased dramatically. Now the doesn't last more than a few hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MomOfThree3, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I would also like to thank you for letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further:

• Device you're currently wearing. 
  • Phone model you're currently using. 
  • App version installed on your phone (go to Account > Help to get it)

This will be very helpful for us to check this further and determine what we should do next. Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your response. Here are the answers to your questions.

1) I am using a fitbit Charge HR. When I turn it on it says v102. I needed to update the software but I couldn't because the iphone app couldn't find the fitbit.

2) I am using an iphone 5s with current software (iOS 12.1) However I also tried to update the FitBit with the fitbit app on a windows 10 computer and the computer couldn't find the fitbit either. I just downloaded the fitbit app on the computer when I started having problems with the iphone app so it is the newest version).

3) The app version on my phone is FitBit 2.83 (804)

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I love my fitbit and am lost without it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MomOfThree3, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and provide the information requested. Smiley Happy

Thanks for your patience and working through these troubleshooting steps. I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums, so I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes