Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge 3 wont sync or update.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 stopped tracking sleep, syncing. Won’t recgnize Bluetooth after working fine for one week. I have reset everything and now it won’t see the charge even though all other Bluetooth devices work with my phone (iPhoneXS). Attempted to call customer service but can’t seem to get past the login because none of their associates can speak English well enough to input my email address. This is ridiculous. I pre-ordered this device and it has been a bust so far!! It fails to track my sleep for the past 3 nights and won’t aync at all!! 

Moderator Edit: Format + Word Choice

Best Answer
396 REPLIES 396
Sinclair myself find the same things over and over again. But this Happens
every couple of months. It’s a lot of work. I don’t know if I got a bad one
would charge 3 is not as good as the charge 2 was, But I’m very frustrated.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @catara52, thank you for your reply.

I totally understand how frustrating this is for you. Thank you for your feedback. I am sure our Support team will do their best to help you, please keep an eye on your inbox. Due to recent events affecting our operations, they may need more time to respond. I appreciate your understanding.

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One I contacted Fitbit customer support and they gave me certain
instructions, things seem ok for now. If you haven’t contacted them, you
should. They told me that there was a bug in mine.
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hi @Krazsian, it's nice to see you around.

Thank you for sharing your experience and suggestion to contact our Support team. They always try their best to investigate the issue and help in the best possible manner. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have tried all this steps several times today, at different times and still doesn't work. What can I do?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Contact customer services I was lucky enough to get sent a new one

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can’t get my Charge3 to sync to my iPhone or iPad, as it always says “device not found” and I can’t even contact support through the app as it just directs me to the forums and won’t allow me to reach anyone in the offices. This just happened this past weekend. This is already a replaced Charge3 as my original one had the screen stop working and this one is only from earlier this year and now it can’t be found or sync. I’m extremely frustrated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m afraid I had to give up on Fitbit, so stressful, wouldn’t sync one day then maybe the next day it might, then it wouldn’t show how you slept for god only knows what reason.
Just so fed up, bought an Apple Watch and shelved the Fitbit. Oh and after contacting support, no help at all. Much happier these days with my Apple Watch.👍
Good luck to you all, I no longer belong to Fitbit community.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have that problem still. Try the following:
1. Go to your Bluetooth settings and look for your fitbit device. Have the
Bluetooth forget your fitbit device.

2. Go to the fitbit app and see if it will sync with your device. If it
works, you're good to go.

3. If the above doesn't work, turn off phone and turn it back on. See if
it will sync with your phone/tablet.

4. If that didn't work, reset your fitbit device by going to the settings
on your fitbit. Once you reset it, see if it will sync with your phone.

5. You can delete the fitbit app, turn off your phone. Turn phone back
on, then reinstall the app. See if it will sync then.

6. You can also delete the device from the fitbit app and then reinstall as
a new fitbit device.

7. Finally, do a hard reset. Put your device on the charger. Then press
the side button on your fitbit until you see a smiley face. You should be
able to sync then.

Usually one of the steps above works for me

Good luck!
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

The company answer cannot simply be cut and pasted to work in every situation. Bottom line: resetting your fitbit, phone, app, and bluetooth isn’t working. Now what’s the real solution besides the BS answers???  Ready to throw this **ahem** out the window and crush it with a hammer. 

Best Answer
Open a case with fitbit I got a replacement

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

After I told Fitbit I had an iPhone, they sent me an email with specific
instructions that involved my phone. From that, they came back and told
me that there's a bug in the fitbit software that wasn't compatible my
iPhone (or vice versa) and that it would take a few days to fix. Whatever
they did, it worked and while I still have occasional problems, it's not
on the level like before
--

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been dealing with this **ahem** Charge 3 for a month. First it wouldn't sync unless I rebooted tracker, then it wouldn't sync unless I deleted app, removed from phone's bluetooth, reinstalled it all again. Twice this week. I'm spending more time trying to get my tracker to function than I am exercising, and I exercise 7 days a week. Did I mention it wants me to update, and the update finally shuts itself off after 2 hours? Well, in the meantime, I went shopping and ordered another brand. Xiaomi Band 5.  One-fifth the price. After 5 years of dealing with this rubbish with 4 different trackers on and off I've given up on Fitbit. Never again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up and ordered Xiaomi Band 5. They lost my business after 5 years and 4 trackers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What worked for me was putting both the phone and the device onto charge and then trying Sync Now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done ALL of this and it still won't sync - as far as I'm concerned the Fitbit 3 is an expensive piece of junk and I'm sorry I ever bought it in the first place! I only wish I had checked the forums before being persuaded to part with my hard earned money for something that is so useless. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just been told today that unless my phone is one if the few phones listed as compatible the expect to get problems after 6 months which then get worse until it no longer syncs at all!! 

WHY THEN IS THIS NOT PUT IN THE ADVERTS FOR THEIR SMART WATCHES

NOW they are refusing to do anything about replacement unless I gave one of their few listed compatible phones!

Time I changed to a different tracking device I think that us more loyal to their customers!!

Best Answer
0 Votes