Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge 3 wont sync or update.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 stopped tracking sleep, syncing. Won’t recgnize Bluetooth after working fine for one week. I have reset everything and now it won’t see the charge even though all other Bluetooth devices work with my phone (iPhoneXS). Attempted to call customer service but can’t seem to get past the login because none of their associates can speak English well enough to input my email address. This is ridiculous. I pre-ordered this device and it has been a bust so far!! It fails to track my sleep for the past 3 nights and won’t aync at all!! 

Moderator Edit: Format + Word Choice

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand some of you have already tried some troubleshooting steps and restarted your Charge 3 already. At this moment I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give these steps a couple tries and if you're still having trouble syncing, please let me know. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
396 REPLIES 396

@1664Fireman Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that you can't sync your Charge 3 with your iPhone XS. There was an issue with the previous app version which caused some login issues. Please update the app as a fix was released to correct this. If you are still having issues syncing please try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I’ve done all of the above and my charge 3 still won’t connect! There’s an update for the tracker in the app that the tracker can’t get because it no longer connects to Bluetooth. Same here as far as the tracker seeming to work right after I received it, but then stopped syncing with the app after a few days. I also pre ordered!

Best Answer

I don't have a Charge 3 but I too have been having syncing problems for the last couple of weeks.  I have the Alta HR and an old iPhone 6.  I can get mine to sync only if I turn Wifi off.  It will sync fine using celluar data, but not Wifi.  It has worked fine for a long time, then suddenly stopped syncing.  You might try turning Wifi off and try syncing again.  It is not a permanent fix, but it might help narrow down the problem. I hope it helps.

I am still trying to solve my problem.

Best Answer

So frustrating! I’ve tried everything that people have posted. Nothing is working to solve this issue. What a massive waste of money. If this doesn’t get fixed, I will be sure to never buy a Fitbit product again. It’s ridiculous that so many people can’t update, have tried every silly trick, and all the company can say is “we are working on it??” 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem I haven’t had this Fitbit very long and for the amount of money I spent on it I shouldn’t be having this kind of problem I’m wondering if it’s a phone problem or a Fitbit problem 

Best Answer

I don’t think it is a phone problem. I am seeing quite a few posts about syncing problems. Some have android phones and some have iPhones (old and new)  It also seems to be happening on different Fitbit tracker models. 

Best Answer
What can I do to fix the problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I understand some of you have already tried some troubleshooting steps and restarted your Charge 3 already. At this moment I would like to suggest you to check the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone again.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give these steps a couple tries and if you're still having trouble syncing, please let me know. 

Best Answer
I finally got it to sync this morning

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

So frustrating. 

My issues are the same. I also pre ordered and  used it for a week without issues. Now My phone can’t find the charge 3. Screen is black. Have tried to reset etc. Not working. Not impressed. 

Best Answer

I finally have mine working again, but customer support was lacking. You would think the pre-order would ensure that customer support would be more on top of things considering the price paid for device

Bradley Wilt
Master Firefighter/Paramedic

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information.

Best Answer

Hello @1664Fireman and @Susan66, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's great to have you on board @amy_jayne, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

@1664Fireman and @Susan66 I appreciate you have come back and let us know your issue has now been resolved and your device is syncing again. I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

@amy_jayne, thanks for reporting this to us; tell me, when you mentioned the screen is blank, are you referring to the Charge 3 or your phone. Have you restarted your Charge 3 already? If so, please let me know the exact list of troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so I can determine what we should do next. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Thanks for connecting. I did do software upgrades, deleted the App, deleted the charge 3, turned wifi off/on, reset phone etc. I was also finally able to reset the charge 3 and it seems to be finally working now. I’m hoping that was the only issue and it’ll be smooth sailing now.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @amy_jayne, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know the troubleshooting steps you've performed in order to solve your issue. I'm very glad everything is working well. Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

Almost everyday my Charge 3 stop syncing and getting it reconnected is a huge pain.  One reason is that it sometimes difficult to get the Fitbit to reboot.  Most of the time I hold the button and it doesn't restart.  Once in a while it does.  Sometimes I have to also reboot my phone.

BTW - a couple days before I received the Charge 3 my Charge HR (original, not the 2) started having connection issues.  I believe this was right after there was an update to the Fitbit app (android).  So, perhaps they have a software issue messing with bluetooth? ...

Best Answer

I have found for me a temporary fix. When have syncing problems, do a complete shutdown of my iPhone 8X and it will sync fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here , it worked fine when I first got it, !! I’m getting tired of messing with it 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 fails to connect with my iPad and iPhone with irritating frequency.  Now trying to update it as the App says is available in the hope that this may iron out some of the extramely frustrating glitches.  Doesn’t get beyond 6% when it fails.  Tried the various ‘tips’ to get it to update and after six attempts am tempted to exercise my Charge 3 by hurling against the nearest wall.  In comparison to the Charge 2 there seem to be far more fails in the 3 and my wife’s older Alta is totally reliable.  

Best Answer

FYI -

I had contacted fitbit support about this and they said because my phone (MotoX4) was not listed as a compatible device I had to find someone with a "compatible phone" and borrow it to test connecting the fitbit before they could help any further.  I told them I could not do that.  They basically said "oh well"

I ended up uninstalling/reinstalling the Android app on my phone.  Since then it been connecting/sync perfectly so far (its been 3 days).  I also removed my old fitbit from this list of devices.  Not sure if that had any positive affect or not.

Best Answer