Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync with iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 4 hours of non-stop turning Bluetooth on and off on my new iPhone 11 Pro *and* reinstalling and deleting Fitbit app on my brand-new iPhone 11 Pro, I was ready to call it quits.

I then went to my old iPhone 6+ that has no SIM card in it.  My Fitbit app worked perfectly.  I turned the Bluetooth OFF on my old phone.  Then I went to my brand-new iPhone 11 Pro and reinstalled my Alta HR Fitbit.  Worked like a charm.  It asked me if I wanted to pair up with Bluetooth, and, of course, I said yes.  

I'm back in the saddle again with Fitbit app on my iPhone 11 Pro/iOS 13.  Hope this helps others.  Whew!  Wasted 4 hours of my life today until I discovered this remedy.  I feel like a goofball. 😋

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Hi @DCJAM. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the information provided, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. You did a wonderful job with them and I'm glad that your Fitbit device was able to sync correctly. Currently the iPhone 11 Pro isn't yet a supported device since it was recently released and this might be the reason why your Fitbit device wasn't syncing correctly. Our team will work on your iPhone's model so it can be optimized to work with the Fitbit app and its features. While there isn't a guarantee, you can always try to sync with the app to keep your information updated. Feel free to reply back if you have another question.

Happy stepping! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, do you know approximately when Fitbit Inspire will be compatible with iPhone 11 Pro?  Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg thank you soooooo much for this insight!!! I spent 3 hours resetting and reinstalling, and you saved my sanity!!

Best Answer

When will the iPhone 11 pro be compatible? 

Best Answer

Hi @D824 , @Collegekicker53 and @JohnMorganJrTN. It's good that the community is growing! I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@Collegekicker53, you're welcome, and thanks to you for stopping by. I'm glad this thread helped you to clarify your inquiries about the iPhone 11 Pro.

@D824 and @JohnMorganJrTN, thanks for your question. Currently there isn't a date when the Fitbit app is confirmed to have been optimized for the iPhone 11 Pro, but you can keep an eye to the compatible devices list which is often updated by our team.

Someone has already posted this request in the Feature Suggestion Board. Take a look and add your vote. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

Hope to see you around more often!

Best Answer

Thank you so much!  I just turned off the Bluetooth on my old phone and then re-synced Fitbit on my iPhone 11 and it seems to be working. I didn’t re-install my Fitbit; just hit re-sync. You saved me a lot of frustration!

Best Answer

You can have fitbit synced with only one device or you will get conflicts and will not be able to keep a sync on the preferred device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner and @SunsetRunner. I'm glad to see you here in this thread.

@SunsetRunner, thanks for letting me know that everything worked with your iPhone 11. Our team has added this iPhone to the compatible devices list and I'm sure the other features will now work correctly.

@Franniedc, thanks for your great advice. You're right about syncing just with one device, as if two devices are nearby, your Fitbit will have difficulties to sync with one. Happy stepping!

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This literally saved me so much time. Thanks for sharing. As soon as I turned the Bluetooth off on my old phone it was able to pair with my new iphone 11 pro.

Best Answer

Hi @dprice805It's good that the community is growing! 

That's fantastic news! I'm glad the steps shared in this thread helped you out and thanks for taking the time to try them out. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Catch you later. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, got my new iPhone 11 and no Fitbit data. Thanks to Siri & you I avoided all the wasted time. May you have a great 2020. cheers

Best Answer
So glad to have helped. I trouble shooted for some time to resolve. Keep checking that your app is up to date. Fitbit is aware and worked on the ios13 conflict with updates.
Enjoy your run

Fran C
"There's another good reason to stay in shape!"

Sent from my iPhone 11
Best Answer

Hi @Micharl. Welcome to the Forums. @Franniedc, I'm glad to see you here in the Forums. Sorry for the delay.

I'm glad that everything is working for both of you and thanks for keeping me updated. Hope you can continue rocking your steps and may you also have a fantastic 2020! Let me invite you to our Discussion Board where you can make new friends, create topics and share your experience while reaching your goals.

Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer

Why is it taking so long to create the fix this known problem? Whose fault is it that sync ability disappeared? Right now my Versa Lite is nothing more than a watch and fitness tracker. I miss the notifications generated by iPhone. Help, please.

Best Answer
0 Votes

supported device list includes 11pro and IOS 10 and higher -- is there workaround I'm missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great for you, but ... what about someone who upgraded phone and does not have prior phone any more. So frustrating!

Best Answer

My fitbit Versa Lite still does not sync. I no longer have older phone as I upgraded to 11pro. Can someone please tell me how to get that sync function back again with de-activating bluetooth on an older prior phone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit updates are now in tune w ios 13. U may need to totally restart your device. Check on line fir how to do that. With a full restart and fitbit w the latest update it should sync

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

I just got a new fit bit inspire and tried to install on my iphone 11 pro max and pair.  It wants me to download the apple watch app. It can't find the device. After deleting the app and reinstalling it a few times I'm throwing in the towel. I've wasting enough of my time.  I guess I want be using by fit bit for a while. 

Best Answer
0 Votes