Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge 3 wont sync or update.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 stopped tracking sleep, syncing. Won’t recgnize Bluetooth after working fine for one week. I have reset everything and now it won’t see the charge even though all other Bluetooth devices work with my phone (iPhoneXS). Attempted to call customer service but can’t seem to get past the login because none of their associates can speak English well enough to input my email address. This is ridiculous. I pre-ordered this device and it has been a bust so far!! It fails to track my sleep for the past 3 nights and won’t aync at all!! 

Moderator Edit: Format + Word Choice

Best Answer
396 REPLIES 396
Finally I removed the app and my Fitbit 3 and installed again. For now it works!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried all of the above numerous times & nothing is working. I preordered Fitbit charge 3 & it wasn’t cheap either! What can you do to get this resolved? I paid too much money to have these kinds of problems! If you don’t fix it I’ll never buy another Fitbit product again!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @DutchLiz@45Nonna2003 and @gerryroll58, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, It's nice to see you around @LesleyDG and @chanpky

First of all, I apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. @gerryroll58, I have checked with our Support Team and it seems you have a case created with them already, if you need anything else, please reply them back as they will be able to assist you further. 

@DutchLiz and @chanpky, thanks for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried in order to solve this issue. 

@45Nonna2003, would it be possible for you to let us know which troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I disabled Bluetooth by turning it off & back on again. I deleted app & reinstalled app. I shut down the charge 3 itself by going to settings & rebooted it. Nothing has worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem was I had more then 1 device paired with the C3. Could this be your problem to?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am sorry to hear that. Rebooting the watch from Settings was a key step and it has worked for me everytime since.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @45Nonna2003@Kaisercat and @chanpky, I hope you're doing well, thanks for coming back. Smiley Happy

@45Nonna2003, I appreciate you have replied and let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment, as @chanpky and @Kaisercat suggested, please go to your phone Bluetooth Settings and check if your Charge 3 is showing up here. If it is, tap on it and select "Forget this device". Then, restart your phone and open the Fitbit app. Then try to sync your device by pulling down the screen. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had no trouble with my Charge3 since my son gave it to me in November. There was a recent update March 2019 and since then it won’t sync with my iPhone 7. Tried everything that has been suggested but no luck!  Will keep trying but I think it had something to do with the recent update. Frustrated!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Karina21 thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. I know you've already tried to troubleshoot this issue, but would it be possible for you to let us know exactly which troubleshooting steps have you tried already? This will be very helpful for us to check this further. 

In the meantime, if you haven't tried yet, please set up your Charge 3 as a new device to reset the connection between your phone and your tracker:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device. Remove any other Fitbit device in here.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you kidding me?  This is the most bizarre set of instructions I think I've ever seen.  I tried it and got my Fitbit Charge 3 to sync with my iPhone 8 but now it refuses to sync again.  I'm about done with this.  I've had my Fitbit for about 2 months and I've gone through this process at least 5 times during this time.  ARGGGGGGG.....

Best Answer
Ok. I tried this step & will see if it works.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @45Nonna2003 and @Tdruns I appreciate you have come back. Smiley Happy

Thanks for taking the time to reply after trying the troubleshooting steps provided above. At this moment, I would like to suggest you to update the Fitbit app and then try to sync again. If you're still unable to sync, please let us know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting for your next reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done the update and it seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed!
Thank you

Karina
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the update as well & everything seems to be working now! Let’s hope it stays that way.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar issues of my Charge 3 working perfectly and syncing with the app fine then all of a sudden after updating the app last week I had issues with it syncing completely. I had to keep rebooting the Charge 3 to get it to sync. 

I tried: 

- forgetting it in my Bluetooth settings

- removing and setting up again in the Fitbit app

- updating my ios

- rebooting my phone

- disabling and re-enabling Bluetooth

- rebooting the charge 3 on the charging cable and through the charge 3 settings

Now it syncs mostly but won’t sync certain things from the Charge 3 to the app like my hours active (the 250 steps per hour), active time in the day and my sleep. I’m fairly sure it’s the apps fault and not the device because it’s syncing steps, calories and flights climbed fine. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried all of these steps multiple times & what finally worked for me was I turned everything off & about an later went turned everything back on (ie: app, Bluetooth, phone, etc) & that’s what finally worked for me!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Cool you got it working again. I have told many people to try again later. That often tines workd.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Smoooosh thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Karina21@45Nonna2003 and @Kaisercat, It's always nice to see you around.  Smiley Happy

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I appreciate those of you who have let us know your issue has been resolved after updating the app. 

@Smoooosh, at this moment, I would like to get some information from you so we can check this further, please reply with as much information as you can:

• iPhone model you're using.
  • OS version running on your iPhone
  • App version installed (go to Account > Help to get it)
  • Charge 3 version (tap on the Charge 3 picture in the Dashboard to get it)

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh mine is working again now. After the app update (2.9.0) it seemed to start syncing the missing items again. It took some time (like maybe a couple of hours) after the update for everything to start working but I didn’t reboot anything.

All is good now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Right on Smooch!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes