Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App "No Longer Available" error message???

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Trying to update my Fitbit app on my iphone and i'm getting an error pop-up saying "item no longer available"  Why is this happening?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 10/17/18

Hey all!

Yesterday on 10/16, we released the Fitbit for iOS app version 2.81. Shortly after that, we realized there was an app crash that needed to be fixed asap. Later in the day, we did another release, Fitbit for iOS app version 2.81.1. If you are updating the app, make sure you are downloading app version 2.81.1. 

Since you're all having trouble doing so I recommend deleting the app from your iPhone, then going back to the app store to download 2.81.1. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you still have questions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35

Just a quick note that I just received this error message.

I'm running iOS 12, and there is a 12.0.1 update.  did not run the update though. 

Fix:

I simply launched the Fitbit App, requesting me to relog in.

Once I logged in, I was able to go back to the App Store and run the latest Fitbit app without getting the error this time.

Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just did the latest Fitbit App Update today and now if I click the App it blanks out my screen and cannot be opened. Please fix, Can't load App to get to Stats, to Synch, or Take Part in the Challenges I'm currently in. The App Update Must have a Bug. I restarted my Phone and Still Doesn't Launch the App.

Please Help!!

Dawn
Best Answer

I can’t update my Fitbit app . Keeps saying This item not available. Plz  Help 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

I cannot find the app in App Store. When I try to update the app it says no longer available.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

This exact thing just happened to me. Fitbit app was working perfectly until I updated minutes ago and now it won’t open. Tried restarting phone and forced synch with my Ionic and still nothing. This needs to be fixed!!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums!

I see it in itunes

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit/id462638897?mt=8

I also see it on my Android phone.

Shut your phone down for a minute and then go back in and try again

Hope to see you around!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Installed the version 2.81 update this morning. Now the app crashes when I try to open. Restarting the app and the iPhone has not fixed the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have since installed version 2.81.1 and the app is loading now.

Best Answer

I also just downloaded the 2.81.1 and the app is now working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes...I couldn’t update Fitbit app due to the same issue (?!!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem.  ios 11.4.1.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When i talked to customer service, they had me log out of iTunes and log in again. Somehow, that worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Upgraded Iphone 7 to IoS 12.0.1 on Sunday 14 Oct 2018 and everything seemed fine until today when the IoS app will not open. When you tap it the splash screen appears then it shuts down.

I tried rebooting the iphone and toggling the Bluetooth connection but neither works. The odd thing is that the phone is still syncing with my Ionic. Just can't use the app on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to Fitbit! Mine hasn’t worked since update either!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine worked for almost three whole days - stopped working a few hours ago. Tried the stop and start of Iphone and of Bluetooth but noticed it was syncing!

Have been onto the web dashboard and my account still reports that Iphone is syncing!

Contemplating my next move but currently think it's something between the app and the latest IoS operating system that's gone awry.

Troy

I'd Rather be Surfing the Ocean.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I logged off of iTunes twice and still getting the same error.

Best Answer

I am getting this message "This item no longer available.". I am using an iPhone 6. The version I am running is "12.0.1(16A404)".

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too signed out and signed back into iTunes. It did not work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok Issue has resolved with latest App (ver 2.81.1) update. I only just realised an App update was released yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes