Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app constantly says "No Internet Connection"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometimes, my fitbit app on my iPhone 8+ will say "No Internet connection" in a red banner across the top when it should be connected. Every other app on the phone that connects to my wi-fi network IS connected, yet fitbit says I need to connect to get historical data. This is maddening. So far, my workaround has been to reboot the phone, and then it will connect. I can also go to Settings, choose a different network, have it try to switch, then go back to my network and it connects. My wife's 8+ does not have the same problem, just mine. Anyone got any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Spontaneously fixed.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the second Ionic I have had and my wife is working on her first versa. I now cannot justify our spending of $600 Canadian on these pieces of pure junk. They continue to unlink, loose internet connection (we are on a 5g 300 mbps network, and today, all day, it says no internet connection so our phones (both iOS units) continue to be disconnected, today especially why not give a valentines that assures connectivity and reliability not this repetitive no connection crap, get it together techies these watches are about to be traded for something reliable, sorry but you deserve this butt kick,🥱🥱🥱

Best Answer

I am having this issue but I am connected to wifi with full bars, have enabled data both for phone in general plus the app itself. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, restarted my phone, disconnected from my wifi and reconnected, restarted my modem, and made sure that background app refresh is enabled for the app. I am totally at a loss on what to do. I've even tried disconnecting from bluetooth and clearing the apps data and data cache.

Honestly I have had nothing but trouble keeping my fitbit connected. If the battery dies I have to factory reset the thing and set it up like new on the app. I cant just reconnect it (where you enter in the code) because it just sits there and tells me sorry it's taking so long and to try again later. It is paired with bluetooth while I try to sync it. Obviously I cant even do this step without the app being connected to the internet so any help would be fantastic. I'm just about to toss the thing in the trash.

Best Answer

I'm sorry your having so much trouble & I really don't know what to tell you because mine like the other person said up there ……^.Spontaneously fixed....

I think I shut my wif down on my iPhone & after awhile it was fixed itself. I would suggest to talk to Fitbit directly if you can find a phone # for them or maybe an email address. By the looks of these posts people are still having the same problems. I Think we all need to upgrade to an Apple watch & be done with Fitbits errors once & for all

Best Answer
The problem has been fixed.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned off Bluetooth and background app refresh. Then turned them both on as suggested but I still have no internet connection on either iPhone or iPad. Restarted my WiFi also. I can connect with all my other apps. Also Restarted my charge 3 and it is 93% charged.  Until a few days ago, I had no trouble connecting. Was there was a Fitbit update that caused this? Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have both an iPhone and an iPad. My Fitbit App is associated with my IPad. I can have my Bluetooth on only on the iPad. If it is also on my iPhone I cannot connect to my Fitbit. 
once I turn the Bluetooth off on my iPhone it works perfectly. I hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

My app won't connect with my watch anymore and I also get the 'no internet connection' pop up but my phone is connected so I really don't understand. It's not been able to connect at all for a whole week now no matter what I do. I've tried turning my phone off and on, I deleted the app and reinstalled and I also tried turning my watch off and on too but nothing works. I've also looked at settings on my phone for the app and there is no background refresh button. What can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me awhile back. I had to call support. They had me go to my account in the Fitbit app then to my device and tap on sync. Took a few minutes but it did sync. 
I would recommend calling support when you have 20 minutes to make sure your issue isn’t due to some other factor. Thx for posting your query. Hope this has been helpful. 

Best Answer

This solution did not work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turning my phone off and then on again worked for me. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. 4 different WiFi networks, same problem. Can only turn off WiFi and use cell network...but some apps say only update on WiFi. Kinda screwed. 

Best Answer

I experience the exact same thing, just on my Android!

Screenshot_20200930-063334.jpg

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing too.  I would have to connect to it by putting a check mark next to it and would it would connect.  Then I would close everything and go back and check it and the same darn thing  no check mark :white_heavy_check_mark: next to my WiFi 

Best Answer

This doesn't work for Android, right? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem

Best Answer

This just worked for me today.  My Inspire HR has not synced in several days.  I was getting message that said "no internet connection,' but I did have internet connection.  I turned off background app refresh, turned the phone off, turned the phone back on, turned on background app refresh in settings, and my Fitbit is syncing now.  Thank you.  

Best Answer

Keep tapping on retry over and over it will eventually go through

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried this too, still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes