Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app constantly says "No Internet Connection"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Sometimes, my fitbit app on my iPhone 8+ will say "No Internet connection" in a red banner across the top when it should be connected. Every other app on the phone that connects to my wi-fi network IS connected, yet fitbit says I need to connect to get historical data. This is maddening. So far, my workaround has been to reboot the phone, and then it will connect. I can also go to Settings, choose a different network, have it try to switch, then go back to my network and it connects. My wife's 8+ does not have the same problem, just mine. Anyone got any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

After a lot of testing and network traffic monitoring I found out that the app request to acccess internet was being detected as insecure by a VPN app I use. Pausing it allowed it to connect tough alerting me about the absense or insecurity of content certificate. Something developers might want to look at. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. This worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mentioning the VPN helped me. I have a Samsung A71 and I found that when I "Whitelisted" the FitBit app in my VPN app SurfSharf (VPN) it worked for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens when the app cannot access www.google-analytics.com due to some advert blocking software.

Poor programming that the app doesn't give a meaningful message when this occurs.

Best Answer
0 Votes