Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app disappeared

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help?

my fitbit app has disappeared from my iphone screen.

I can open up 'apps' and search for it and open it from the app store but the actual app is not showing.

I have rebooted my phone twice, charged my fitbit fully and its still not showing - any ideas?

Many thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi! The same just happened to me and I got the app back! Hold down your finger in a blank space on your iPhone Home Screen. It makes all the icons wiggle about so that you can reorganise them. I found my Fitbit app in a folder on page 3 (by sliding my finger to the left). I had no idea that I had other apps sitting there ‘hidden’, too! Then you can just drag the Fitbit app icon out of that folder and back to wherever you want it. I hope that explains the process for you 😃

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@Bex5881, sorry about the issues you're having. I've had apps disappear in the past, too. This appears to be an iPhone issue,  not a Fitbit issue. 

Did you do a hard re-boot or a soft re-boot? Doing a search online, this seemed to be the best advice:

Apps Disappear After iOS 7 UpgradeThere are two fixes for the problem of disappearing apps in iOS 7. Here's both of them:

1. Do a Soft Reset
Press the Sleep/Power and Home button simultaneously and hold them till the screen goes blank.
Now, let go of the buttons and then press the Sleep/Power button alone to reboot the iPhone.

This is a soft reset. Hopefully, this should fix the missing or disappearing home screen icons.

While this method fixes the missing or disappearing apps, sometimes, a soft reboot isn't enough. For instance, in a few cases, not only are downloaded apps missing, they don't even open even when you open them via App Store (post-installation). Now that's a graver issue. That calls for plan B.

2. Reboot Completely
Plan B is nothing huge. Instead of a soft reset, you turn off the iPhone completely. When you turn off the iPhone, you basically let it reset its bearings and clear the cache and stuff. So hold the Power button till the slider shows up, slide to power off and then restart the iPhone.

Best Answer

Have tried both of these a few times and nothing...

Best Answer

@Bex5881 - which iPhone do you have? And what version software are you on?  (To find out, go to Settings --> General --> Software Update) If you need to update, please do so. Maybe with more specific information, you and I can do a better search for a solution. 

It would also be good to check the version of your Fitbit device. Make sure you are on the latest version. 

We'll get to the bottom of this!

Best Answer

I have had the same problem for over 2 months nothing mentioned puts it right. My sleep isn't being recorded accurately since also. Totally bemused

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Masterreiki, I suggest you contact Support. They should be able to help you. 

Best Answer
Hi thanks for replying I’ve already contacted fit bit support. When I go to the App Store to download again it already says open and my details are on the App Store. The fit bit icon is in Siri app suggestions but not on my main screen. If I delete it from Siri suggestions and try to download again will I lose all my history? Really grateful for your help. Kind regards Pat

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Masterreiki. No, deleting the Fitbit app will not cause you to lose your history. That is stored on the Fitbit servers. Once you reinstall the app and sign in, your data will be downloaded. 

Best Answer
Thank you the last time I spoke to support they said I would lose all my recent and past history.
Kind regards
Pat

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to me. The app is still installed but the icon is gone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lpinello, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment I would like to ask you to swipe left while on your home screen. You will be able to see the next screen:

Search.png

When you start typing "Fitbit", if the app is installed on your phone you will be able to see it on the list. That means the app should be on one of your folders, please search for it, it might be on page 2 or 3 on one of the folders in the iPhone.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so very much!!!!!
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

Hello @Lpinello, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply and let me know my instructions were helpful for you, I'm very glad! Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have rebooted my Fitbit yesterday all working now cannot access account 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Henty, when you say yu cannot access your account, have you forgottne yur email and password, or is there some other issue?

I am sure someone can help get you back up going again, with a little more information.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, it seems the Fitbit app is installed on my iPhone 7 Plus but I can’t find it. At one point, about 6 months ago, I thought I had deleted it by clicking on the x when the screen went all jiggly.  I now want to use my Fitbit again and when I open the app in the App Store I can see my data. Just don’t see the app on any of my screens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks very much

Best Answer

Me, too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out. I’m on iOS 14.4. I deleted the icon, but I could still find the app through the search function. But. Ouldnt gin in any of the folders or pages on my Home Screen. I swiped right from the last Home Screen page and it brought up a list of my App Library. I clicked on the words “App Library” and it brought me to an alphabetical list of all my apps. From there I found Fitbit and I pressed and held which gave me the option to add it to my Home Screen. Good luck everyone!

Best Answer

Thank you so very much! I have been without my app for months & months! I finally found advice that worked! I appreciate it! 

Best Answer