Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing on iOS devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App not working on iPhone. Have tried switching phone on & off, deleting & reinstalling app, re -pairing Bluetooth connection. Any suggestions as to what I can now do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

Hi there,

so I’ve been a Fitbit user for years and this has never happened. Went to open the app this evening and it just shut itself down immediately. Tried again, same. Restarted. Still broken. Deleted and reinstalled. Same. Did it again. Same. Broken…

checked settings etc - Wi-Fi and mobile data fine. Bluetooth connected. What’s going on? Never had a problem with it before. Hasn’t done any updates lately.

sense working normally. 

Anything else I can try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @natalie.dry 

Have you tried force shutting the app by swiping it upward. Go to your phone settings, then apps, find the Fitbit App, tap it and tap on clear cache and then confirm to clear the cache. You can also tap force shut here as well if you were unable to manually force shut by swiping it upward. Restart your phone then try logging into your Fitbit App again. 
😉Let me know how it goes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner 

Thanks for the suggestions. There’s nothing to force quit, it kind shuts down without leaving anything and I can’t find an option for clearing cache in the app settings… I think I posted on the right platform (I’m an iPhone 11). 

😔 someone else from a really old post said their problem just resolved itself after a few days so 🤞 it does seeing as it went wrong all by itself….? Here’s hoping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @natalie.dry 

You are correct it’s clearing cache using an android method I apologize. I have also heard that this sometimes clears itself up in a few days as you have heard yourself. But I did find this online. It dated May 30, 2022. I believe I’ve found the answer to your crashing issue: https://insiderpaper.com/fitbit-app-crashing-on-iphone-and-other-ios-devices-fix/

😉 Let me know if this does indeed answer your question 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Starting happening to me today.   I tried everything on this thread to no avail.

Charlie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again @SunsetRunner - thanks for the link. Interesting reading!

So this morning I opened up my app and it works. Yay. Interestingly, if I try to view yesterday’s dashboard page, it bombs out (persistently) so it looks like there a bit of data it doesn’t like, although I can access individual records, like activities, steps, calories etc so something about the summary is off maybe…

Anyway, thanks so much for the replies, nice chatting 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @natalie.dry 

I’m thrilled to see your back up and running again! 😃 It might take a few syncs to rectify the dashboard for yesterday but I’d see if it doesn’t correct itself in 24 hours. 

Best Answer

Today I successfully synced my Fitbit app. I then went for a walk and tried to sync again but the app wouldn’t open. It flashed on the screen then closed down . I tried Fitbit support on Twitter and they suggested various things, reinstalling the app, updating the app, clearing the cache etc. None of this has worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Judep99 

This article is dated March 30, 2022: https://insiderpaper.com/fitbit-app-crashing-on-iphone-and-other-ios-devices-fix/ I wonder if that is what your experiencing. I’d try turning your phone off for 1-2 mins then restart it and try logging on again. (I’ve already can see you’ve tried other troubleshooting tips) 
I hope it gets sorted out for you quickly. 😉 I’m crossing my fingers that a simple shut down of your phone works…it’s worth a shot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks but I’ve already tried this with no success 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have to say, I wasn’t it expecting it to be ok today but it was so see what happens after the day ends. I still can’t access yesterday’s dashboard page but today’s is fine which means the app opens ok. Maybe there’s some weird data making the dashboard bomb out.hope yours is ok tomorrow..🤞

Best Answer

Strangely it is working today but crashes when I try to see yesterday’s data, just like you! Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep my fingers crossed it’s ok now

Best Answer

I got it to work by deleting the app off my iPhone and just installing on my iPad.  After logging in and syncing on iPad and making sure everything worked - I then went back and installed on iPhone.  At first it wouldn’t sync…. To be honest, I don’t know exactly what I did but eventually it synced and apparently It’s working now.   I consider myself pretty tech savvy - but this debacle has irritated me for like 3 days.  What’s up FitBit?   You’re blowing it.  I was going to buy a new FitBit but not if it keeps giving me problems.    You should send me a Charge5 and I’ll pretend this never happened.  Lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue today, was fine this morning then this afternoon keeps crashing. 
tried all the things suggested and nothing 🤷‍:female_sign: Very frustrating!! Been a Fitbit user for years and pay money each month and seems there has been an issue for a few weeks so why haven’t they sorted it!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your continued reports. I understand how frustrating this has been for you and I apologize for the inconvenience. Currently we don't have a time frame for the fix; however, please know our team is working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and it'll be passed along to our team so we can keep them informed of your experience. We'll update this thread as soon as we have more details to share.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate your update, but in researching this issue thoroughly today, it appears this has been occurring and escalating for over a month. Just me, but if it isn't fixed soon, my fix will be to buy an apple watch......

Best Answer

I saw I had an update available for Fitbit on my iPhone this morning, after updating it would crash constantly upon opening. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it seemed to be working ok, but I noticed when in the app if I tap on “Steps per hour”, it will crash every time. 

Best Answer

I am trying to invite a friend to join the scales but the app keeps crashing every time I select invite new friend

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted about this situation. As you may know, our team is aware of this situation and they're working to identify a solution as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and while there isn't a time frame for the fix, let me recommend keeping the Fitbit app update as some bug fixes are released through updates.

Once again, I appreciate your feedback and as soon as we have more details from them, we'll update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I re-downloaded the app, and the only method I could connect to the Fitbit is to always share my precise location - other options would not work. I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Google tracking every step I make....

Best Answer
0 Votes