Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing on iOS devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App not working on iPhone. Have tried switching phone on & off, deleting & reinstalling app, re -pairing Bluetooth connection. Any suggestions as to what I can now do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted. As mentioned before, our team is working on this situation to bring a fix as soon as possible. While I don't have a specific time frame for the fix, I'll update this thread as soon as I have information from our team.

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate the time taken in sharing your feedback. Please know your comments haven't gone unnoticed and we'll pass them along.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From this morning my iOS App is unable to load. It crashes as soon as it tries to open (flashes on/off screen). I have restarted my phone and reinstalled the App with no success.

Best Answer

same problem since this morning.

Crashes upon opening.

Best Answer

Yes, I have the same problem.  I don’t get a clock face and can’t access settings to restart. Would like to be in the loop for a remedy.

Best Answer

Hi there, @AndyVersa2@StefanRdam and @Sherilyn2.

I've moved your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Let me share this issue has been reported to our team and they're working to identify a solution. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

I appreciate your patience and once we have more information, we'll update this thread.

Best Answer

App seems to be working again. 

Best Answer
Mine seems to be restored now.
Best Answer

Hi, since 00:01 this morning my apps works again. Though I still can’t see the figures of yesterday, as it crashes again. Perhaps a bug with the date or whatever. So all ok now.

thanks for the quick support!

Best Answer

Our app is crashing whenever we finish a walk at this point; it looks like the app starts out fine and is tracking our exercise... but by the time we finish our walk the app has crashed ... we have to uninstall and reinstall the app to get it working again; but it obviously loses the work we just completed and the next time we walk it crashes in exactly the same way. Confirmed still broken today after todays reinstall (7/3/22)

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted. While I'm glad the Fitbit app is working for some of you, I'm sorry this isn't the case for everyone. Our team continues working to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the meantime, please keep your Fitbit app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

Once I receive more details from them, I'll let you know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Synced my Versa 3 this morning and the app crashed. Have restarted iPhone 13, Fitbit, and deleted/reinstalled app multiple times and app crashes as soon as I open it. Fitbit connects to phone Bluetooth no problem. But the app keeps crashing. 

Best Answer

OBTW, app does work through login to my account, and then crashes as soon as I login. After that, it generates various popups for location, notifications, etc when I try and open the app, but the main screen crashes immediately after opening. Frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fixed it! Disabled Bluetooth connection with my phone and connected to my iPad. iPad app crashes when I tried to scroll the dashboard quickly, but I very slowly moved it up to where I could see the sleep tile and was able to dig down to last night’s sleep data and delete that sleep log. I figured that because the whole thing stopped working when I synced my sleep log to at it might have been the problem. Sure enough, I resynced the iPad app and it uploaded last night’s log and worked fine. Disabled Bluetooth on the iPad and reconnected to my iPhone and everything is fine now. Syncs normally and my data is all intact. 

Best Answer

Me too. July 15th. I went to sync, then it did and now I try to open and it keeps closing. I don’t want to lose all my data. I restarted my phone, did update for phone etc. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted, and your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Every feedback shared by our members is provided to our team to improve our products and services, rest assured yours hasn't been the exception.

As you may know, the 3.63 version has been released to all our members. If you haven't done so, I'd recommend updating the Fitbit app, rebooting your iOS devices and monitoring its behavior afterward. If by any chance the issue persists after updating, please let me know so I can report it to our team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever find a solution to this? The same thing has been happening to me the last two days. 

Very frustrating. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Refer to my post on June 18 - specifically the solution given by seattlequilter on June 9.

Best Answer

I started having this issue this morning. I think it is related to the sleep tracking. I don’t have an iPad so I can’t try what worked for the other user who posted her fix on 7/22. Confirmed Sync is not completing for sleep and app crashes as I scroll down in the app approaching where the sleep tile should be. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me, today I tried opening the Fitbit app and it crashed immediately. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps in this thread that I could (I don't have a 2nd device to test with), but nothing has worked so far.

Every time I remove the app and re-download it, it initially opens and lets me log in, but as soon as I do it starts crashing again.

I'm not sure what else I can try, I hope there's a resolution to this as if I can't sync my Fitbit anymore it seems rather useless as anything beyond a step counter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Refer to my post on June 18 - specifically the solution given by seattlequilter on June 9.

Best Answer