Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps crashing on iOS devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

App not working on iPhone. Have tried switching phone on & off, deleting & reinstalling app, re -pairing Bluetooth connection. Any suggestions as to what I can now do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

Is there a fix yet? Or any idea how long it will take?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app has been crashing on my iPad since yesterday. Restarting or reinstalling does not help. However it does work on my iPhone.

Best Answer

I may have found a workaround.

1. I deleted all my apps, iphone, ipad, etc.

2. Said forget Charge device in Bluetooth settings

3. I went into my desktop browser and logged into the FitBit website.

4. Click on the gear (View settings - upper right hand corner of the website)

5. Scroll down the left hand side - click 'Manage Account Access'

6. Revoked access to all logins shown. I am logged out (because I revoked all settings FYI)

7. Then I went to my iPhone, redownloaded the app

8. Re-paired the Charge device (now shows connected) **BEFORE** I logged into the Fit Bit app.

9. Logged into the app - the pairing was recognized immediately, and the app software when to next question.

10. Went through the setup process questions, etc.

11. Everything synced successfully from my account.

I have not added the FitBit to a second device, but so far seems to be working successfully on one device - fingers crossed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked, thank you very much. I set it up on my iPad first and that worked. I then installed it on my iPhone and the app did not crash, but I didn't pair with my Fitbit because I prefer to use my iPad. 😀🍺

Best Answer

I got a new fitbit (Sense) two days ago. All worked fine until this evening after I tried to synch it. It seemed like the synch crashed the app and I haven’t been able open the app since.

I am using an iPhone 11 on iOS15.  

I have tried:

* hard closing the app (it’s not open in the background so this wasn’t possible)

* clearing the data cache from safari/fitbit

* restarting my phone

* reinstalling the app

It might just be coincidence that I couldn’t get the Fitbit to connect to GPS before starting my run. I read that disconnecting it from Bluetooth was a good idea before trying to reforce it to connect to GPS. Might this be related?? 

Nothing I’ve tried is making any difference and so far I’m extremely upset that I just spent £200 on a new Fitbit that I cannot get working properly and wish I hadn’t bothered!

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for keeping me posted, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. Because the Fitbit app version 3.60 has been fully released, go to the App Store, make sure to install the update and try using the Fitbit app as you normally do. Please don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists, that way I can forward your reports to our team.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and I appreciate your patience. Rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
App has been working okay’ish for a few weeks.

Today, it has completely crashed. Will not start. Have deleted and reinstalled so latest version. Latest version has more faults.

Regards,

Richard
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

App had been working circa 75% of the time until today, just after moderator announced the release of a new version. App now won’t open at all, immediate total crash. 

is there no quality control within Fitbit’s Technical Departments? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've also been having this problem since the last update - does Fitbit have a solution yet? I've also turned my phone on/off, deleted and reinstalled the app, updated to the latest version... But the app won't even open now, it just immediately goes back to my phone home screen!

Best Answer

Hey lizzy - do you have an answer yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

@Proph and @fottles Thanks for letting me know the issue persists after updating the Fitbit app to 3.60. Also, for the steps tried on your own. I've forwarded your comments to our team so they can look into this and bring a permanent fix. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed.

As soon as I receive more information from them, I'll update this thread.

Best Answer

18 June 2022 yet again, the app has crashed and this is the third time! I am so fed up. Tried everything, but have to wait until the next day when it works fine. WHERE to get help please Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Karen,

The post by seattlequilter on 06/09/2022 worked for me. Please refer to that post.

Good luck,

Kevin

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Please help the Fitbit app on my iPhone 11 crashes immediately upon opening.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app as well as switching off Bluetooth and switching phone on and off but nothing seems to work?

Best Answer

Add me to the club.

Charge 5 and the app stopped working today. It may have just updated to the newest 3.60 when it started.

App immediately crashes on iPhone X and iPad Pro 12.9 both running IOS 15.5.

Tried everything. Rebooting, reinstalling, forget device, deleted all permissions, cleared cache. Nothing works.

when you forget device, reinstall app or log out, the app crashes right away, but it does still bring up the box asking to log in, turn on notifications, or pair, but once done there is nothing on screen. Very frustrating. I just bought this Charge 5 a week ago. Back it goes and I will switch to a different brand if this is not resolved quickly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening to me with my Versa 3.  Works on my iPad Pro but not my iPhone.  I’m day one with the watch and have done everything you mentioned above with zero luck.  I called customer support and they are about as helpful as the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here with app crashing. Fitbit said they are aware of the issue and working on a fix but until then I just out of luck. 

Best Answer

My app started working mid-morning today and I have had no problems. Fingers crossed it continues to work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s what I’m thinking. I “upgraded” from Charge 4 to Charge 5 and it doesn’t work. Tried all the fixes. Wish I could trade this in for a Charge 4. Very disheartening. 

Best Answer

My app started working this morning and I have had no issues yet.  Hope it is fixed for good!

Best Answer