Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps freezing/crashing on iOS devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even after the latest app update 4.11, the app still freezes. Have to force quit the app, then reopen to get it working.

Will this ever get Fixed??? Please!

iPhone 13, iOS 17.4.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Why is the app crashing when I scroll down?

Moderator edit: edited title to clarity.

Best Answer

App is broken 

Best Answer

The app keeps crashing and the hourly steps won't let me set up the correct times keeps reverting to a different set of times

i want 9am-10pm

that changes to 12pm to 1am

i have uninstalled and reinstalled after turning phone off and on twice

Best Answer

Same here. I updated the app this morning and now it won’t stay open for more than 5 seconds before closing.  Needless to say this update did nothing but break the system 

Best Answer

My Fitbit app keeps crashing. Will deleting the app and reinstalling it permanently delete all of its data?

Best Answer

Yep same here with the same result - frustrating!

I was able to get it working by uninstalling and reinstalling the app - seems fine now aside from the hourly activity time being screwed up.

Best Answer

Have my sense 2 for over a year with no issues.  Today I went to change my move reminder hours (due to daylight savings) but was unable to change. Now, when I open the app on my phone it opens fine but crashes as soon as I try scrolling down. Have turned off both phone and watch with no success.

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue. I tried logging out and waiting a bit and logging my back in. Same problem still. 

Best Answer

Hi @Erik_Carson99  no, when you sync, your data goes to the Fitbit servers and is safely stored. You can delete the app, but never delete your account. If you delete the account, that is when your history is removed. Just log out, remove the app and reinstall. As long as you log in with your usual credentials, everything will be there for you. Same as when you get a new Fitbit and log in - it's all there.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried logging out and back in with no luck. When you uninstalled the app, did you lose all your history? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t tried uninstalling it yet
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue tried closing application, restarting phone, reinstalling app after deleting contacting tech support times five and then received e-mail from them saying they didn't anticipate finding a solution 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit App will not open-it flashes then closes itself.   What is going on with it? 

Best Answer

Hello @JeffsAngel 

Have you had a chance to check to see if your location is set to automatic in the Fitbit app settings? Here are the steps:

• Tap on your picture/icon (Android) / gear icon (iOS) in the upper right of the Today page in the Fitbit app
  • Tap on Fitbit settings
  • Tap on App Settings
  • Confirm Automatic Time Zone and Automatic location are turned on

If Automatic Time Zone and Automatic location are turned on, but you still have the time issue for your hourly steps, then try:

• Turn off Automatic Time Zone and Automatic location
  • Select a different time zone
  • Go back to the Today page and perform a manual sync
  • Go back to the App settings page
  • Turn Automatic Time Zone and Automatic location back on
  • Go back to the Today page and perform a manual sync

This usually fixes the time issue. Let us know if this worked for you.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer

fitbit app crashes on opening, then closes.

reloaded, deleted, reloaded with the same result. fitbit web works and data is updating 

Best Answer

Hello @mattoxtr 

I moved your post from the Android platform forum to the iOS platform forum since you said you have an iPhone.

Hopefully, someone here will be able to help you.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope just uninstall the app - then install it again - sign back in and all your history will be there.

Best Answer

I’ve got that very same problem. Exactly what you describe. It’s a bit nerve wracking. 

Best Answer

Thank you.   I am new the boards.  

Best Answer
0 Votes