Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps freezing/crashing on iOS devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even after the latest app update 4.11, the app still freezes. Have to force quit the app, then reopen to get it working.

Will this ever get Fixed??? Please!

iPhone 13, iOS 17.4.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

Hi, this seems to be a bug but just a guess, did you also try logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window (in Android, clear the storage cache and force stop also) before restarting the phone, this should clear things that are remembered wrong.

See if it's working on Monday.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Titi67 - if you can't get into the Fitbit App try swiping off the active Fitbit window (in Android, clear the storage cache and force stop also) before restarting the phone.

If there was a DST change it may be working on Monday.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Darrylobby. Thanks for letting me know about this situation in regards to the Fitbit App.

I was able to confirm you contacted support and they were able to provide you with a solution, if you have any other questions or concerns, my best recommendation would be to contact them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @JeffsAngel 

It's possible that your time issue could be related to Daylight Saving Time change. It usually takes about a day for the app to update properly to accommodate the time change.

See if you can make the changes to your hourly schedule today and if it saves properly. If you are still seeing an issue, you could try doing a force stop on the Fitbit app and clear the cache using the App settings on your phone. Hopefully, that will clear out whatever is keeping your app from setting up your move schedule.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem and I just did the time zone change. Problem solved. BUT will see if it holds true tomorrow. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @ColetteLeo88.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding the Fitbit app. Sorry to know the inconvenience.

I'd like to know a few more details about your situation: When does the app crash exactly? or does it crash on the main screen?

If you are having issues to sync, please follow the steps listed here: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?  

---

Welcome to the community forums @bigAls @PickledPower

It's good to see you back in the forums @SuriBrawl @mcw53,

Thank you all for taking the time to share the difficulty experienced with the Fitbit app. Sorry to see the situation.

Please, could you tell me if the issue is still happening with the app? Have you tried the steps listed by @bigAls?  

---

Welcome to the forums @Bballplayer22.

Thank you for taking the time to share the difficulty experienced with your Fitbit app. 

Please, could you tell me if the issue is still happening when you scroll down into your app or have you managed to use it recently without difficulties?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The issue is not happening anymore. I can scroll down and click on things. I think the bug had to do with manually tracking a skiing exercise in the app. That was the only new thing I did. So once the workout was tracked, I went In the app and tried to scroll to see my results and that’s when it crashed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good to see you participating in the community @Rge.

Thank you for sharing the details regarding your Fitbit app. Sorry to know the inconvenience. 

I'm not sure if you are still having difficulties with the app. Have you been able to install the latest version 4.12.?

Best Answer
0 Votes

App is working again, for the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello@ManuFitbit

Yes I did update to iOS 4.12. I haven’t had issues with the app freezing since the update. 
Thank you

Moderator Edit: Formatting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m fed up of trying to get this resolved.  My Fitbit app freezes only on the walk info and since I walk most days it’s so frustrating. Numerous attempts with online chat but to no avail.  Happened after the Fitbit update at the beginning of December 2023. Hate the new format too.  

Best Answer

I've been having this problem since they redesigned the iOS app. I can now say that I'm still having the periodic freezing issue in version 4.12.

Best Answer

Exactly. Same problem that I have had. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

Thank you for reporting this issue and for the steps you've taken before posting. I understand the importance of keeping your data updated on the Fitbit app, and I appreciate your feedback.

I've escalated this issue to our team so they can investigate and resolve it as soon as possible. I'll update this thread with more information as soon as it's available.

By the way, I've merged your posts into a new thread to keep you updated on this situation and to keep our forums organized.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thank you for your patience. I wanted to let you know that our team recently released a new version of the Fitbit app. It's progressively rolling out to all our members, so some of you may not have it available yet. However, please make sure to install it once you see it on the App Store and don't hesitate to let me know if the Fitbit app continues crashing afterward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

Yesterday, for one day only and might I add the only time since the update last year, after my walk the app worked perfectly showing all info and didn’t freeze.  Thought it was solved.  Filled with optimism went for walk this morning but back to usual, not showing all data and freezing.  Looked on Apple Store and saw update available which I did but still no different.  It can’t be rocket science, why can’t they correct this?  

Best Answer

It’s happening more often, to me anyway, now that I’ve upgraded to 4.13 on iOS.  Syncing is also far less reliable and there’s more app lockups too. 

Best Answer

Ugh I hate my Fitbit ever since Google took over.  The new format is awful and I can no longer see my mapped exercises. My GPS is on but when I go into Fitbit app it just freezes and I have to log out. I’ve updated it and updated iPhone. No good. I also hate I can no longer login to my Fitbit account on the app and it forces me to use a Google account.  It’s clunky and bland. As soon as my Fitbit fails - which it will - I’m off to another device. A more reliable one.  

Best Answer

Hi there, @Andando and @John1D@Luzcats Welcome on board.

Thanks for your continued reports, and your efforts while troubleshooting the Fitbit app. I'd like to share with you that our team is investigating this issue to identify a solution as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your feedback. Once I hear from them, I'll make sure to update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed 4.14 for iOS a couple of days ago. Although it’s still very slow to sync, I haven’t had any crashes or lockups. 

Best Answer
0 Votes