Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app keeps freezing/crashing on iOS devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even after the latest app update 4.11, the app still freezes. Have to force quit the app, then reopen to get it working.

Will this ever get Fixed??? Please!

iPhone 13, iOS 17.4.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
60 REPLIES 60

They don’t expect to figure out a solution?  So we are all just stuck with a premium membership and an app that won’t work?  Not cool. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem! I’m afraid to lose data if I uninstall and reinstall the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is horrible…. I will certainly be looking at all options.
Best Answer
0 Votes

People are reporting the same thing in this thread. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

People are reporting the same thing in this thread. Try uninstalling and reinstalling the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work. It’s because if DST. Is no fix until tech dept gets their act together. 🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not help.  It keeps changing the time when I go to configure my time for my hourly steps.  I want 9am-10pm I change it, it save and it just gives a number time frame

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got this from Fitbit Support: 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

For help with your Fitbit device and services, see support.google.com/fitbit.

Sincerely,

Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not like they didn’t know daylight savings time was coming. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you surprised at the smallness of their minds? They are not runners they are geeks
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My app keeps crashing on iOS. I have a versa4 and iPhone XR . I have done all the trouble shooting. It started today with DST. 
google needs to go back to original app which ALWAYS worked. Please tell me it will be fixed by tomorrow. I don’t have today’s correct active hours and when I open the app it goes black. It seems to be saving steps but that’s it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too. It seems to have been affected by dst. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max. Beginning this afternoon every time I attempt to open the Fitbit app, it immediately crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times along with restarting my phone. After I reinstall, it opens long enough for me to login and then it crashes. After that, it crashes immediately upon opening.

Best Answer

My app also started crashing today. It syncs properly but crashes when I scroll down to view exercise details and hourly activity info. 

Best Answer

When trying to open app it automatically shuts down. I can’t get into it at all. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  having the same issue with my iPhone 8 Plus.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app crashes & will not update my activity. 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone 13 and have tried restarting/updating my phone and Fitbit app and deleting and reinstalling the Fitbit app but nothing has fixed the issue. When I load into the app and scroll to the bottom of the page, the app crashes

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have started having the same problem. I can open up the app fine but when I try scrolling down the app crashes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes