Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app new Dashboard - iOS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 8/15

Hey all!

This week we released the option to opt-in to use the new dashboard to everyone. At this time, everyone should have received the option to opt-in already. If you didn't opt-in, we will transition everyone into the new dashboard in the coming weeks. 

A reminder, after you've opted into the new design you cannot revert and go back to the old one. Read more about the new interface we've designed here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Make sure you're also on the latest version of the Fitbit app.

Thanks for your patience while we completely released the new interface to everyone. We hope you're enjoying the improvements that have been made and appreciate all the feedback. 

Fitbit Update: 8/6

Hey everyone! 

Thanks for all your feedback on the new dashboard design. We're still in the process of releasing it to all of our users. If you don't see it yet, you will have it pushed to you in the coming weeks! This has been a slow process for the past few months to ensure a smooth rollout. 

We're currently on app version 3.3, so please make sure as always that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app

Once we've released this new dashboard to everyone, we will announce it in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 6/17

Hi Fitbit Family,

We are still rolling out our updated Fitbit app design to more users currently with v.2.95. Please make sure to update the Fitbit app by visiting the App store if you haven't already. If you don't see the new dashboard just yet, you will be receiving it at some point in the coming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your patience throughout this rollout. To read more about this new dashboard experience, please check this article out: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

Once this rollout is complete, we will let you all know in this thread. 

Fitbit Update: 5/22

Hi everyone!

We’ve rolled out another phase of testing for the new app dashboard experience. If you’re one of the lucky people to see it before the full release, you can read more about it here: What’s the new Fitbit app experience?

We’ll continue to slowly release this to all Fitbit customers on iOS and Android. Once we receive more information on this, we’ll let you know.

Hope you’re all enjoying this new layout!

Fitbit Update: 4/24 

Hi everyone!

Beginning today with app v2.92, we're excited to announce a new dashboard experience for the Fitbit app, currently by invitation only. If you are invited to opt-in, you can see the new design and try our new app experience to access all your stats and information in a way that’s more dynamic, integrated, and highly personalized. 

You can read more about it in this help article: What's the new Fitbit app experience? 

As with all our new dashboard updates, this is a progressive rollout. If you don't have an invitation or see the dashboard immediately, you will receive it later on. 

We will update this thread with more information later, so stay tuned! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
799 REPLIES 799
Appears selling premium is exactly what the changes are about
There will be few users left to purchase Premium at this rate
Best Answer

Since I am a verified Fitbit customer on Amazon, here is the review I wrote. I believe it’s honest and fair. I’m more than willing to revise it should things improve. (And I hope I will be able to update it with positive information.)

The app used to be one of the best I’ve ever used until a recent “downgrade”.  Things started going downhill about three weeks before the new app auto-installed.  

1.  You can no longer get AVG. HR data graph in exercise mode with GPS. You have to let it auto recognize and then add your data but then GPS doesn’t work. 
2.  I’ve been receiving the same sleep insight for at least three weeks, maybe longer. Yes, I know I’m a lark, not a night owl. Yes, I left feedback about this issue. (Today, I actually received a new ‘old’ one.)
3.  Here’s the dealbreaker. The new app is anti-aging/anti-visual impaired. I’m a senior citizen with failing eyesight. Since the downgrade, I can no longer see my data without the use of reading glasses.  I don’t run with reading glasses and I doubt others do, either. If you have visual issues, you won’t want this app.  
4.  Customer Service is a joke.  You won’t get many real answers, only a lot of runaround. They use protocols and platitudes designed to pacify angry customers, which only serves to make things much worse. 

5.  Since the latest update, my GPS is off by about 1.5 miles.  This makes it look like I’m running between a 10 to 12 minute mile.  Even when I was young, I doubt I moved that fast! I’m training for two races.  I need accurate feedback. I’m not getting it with Fitbit. 

Bottom line: If you’re a runner and require professional, accurate information, don’t buy into this app. If you are a Senior Citizen with visual issues or any person with a visual impairment, I don’t recommend this app. If you rely on GPS, I don’t recommend this app.

It’s just ok with sleep tracking. It often misses the mark but sleep tracking wasn’t a selling point for me.  It will count your steps but it’s way off from the Apple app. I’m assuming that’s due to arm movement. Take that into consideration when analyzing step data. Constant HR info seems ok. Maybe runs a little on the slow side. 

***Buyer beware***

Best Answer

Like many others here, I never had an option to opt in or out of the update, and I hate the new design. If it’s not changed back by Christmas, I may get rid of my Fitbit and switch to something else. 

Best Answer

This stupid new dashboard just gave me a good reason to buy an AppleWatch. 

Best Answer

 This dashboard is the gift that just keeps on giving. Now The visuals don’t even match the words. So 5 of 10 segments get highlighted when I’ve hit 7 out of 10 hours due to being stuck in meetings. Can anyone tell me which is correct? Or is this in the too hard basket along with the dropping of steps during a sync? 

0D87A4F6-6400-4D8C-BD3A-B048451BE594.jpeg

Best Answer

GedH, that happened to me, too. Then, it fixed itself. Give it time and see if it changes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new dashboard looks aweful. How do I go back to the previous look?

Best Answer

Hey everyone ...

The new update and dash SUCK.  My charge 3 won't sync because of it.  Yes, I tried resetting the band..NOTHING...and the new dashboard is crap.

Why does fitbit mess with changing when your customer service used to be great and caring and now they are awful.  

Change 3 will be going in the garbage shortly. What a waste of money.

Best Answer

I agree. The new update and new dashboard SUCK

Best Answer

you can't

Best Answer

I am done with Fitbit. The new app sucks and soon they will be expecting us to pay for a subscription to get any useful data. 

Best Answer

If fitbit is dumb enough to charge for data for our own personal bands they can go and "F" off.  They are going to lose a LOT of users.  

FITBIT get your act together...

Best Answer

Msdtp I had chosen not to update the app having seen the comments on here but when I went into the app today there was the new dashboard and although it needs a few tweaks I can live with it. I think you can set the Today screen to show steps, water and food without the need to scroll (I rearranged the three I use most, including water, to the top and can see what I want most of the time.) https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435#remove_rearrange

dginnh I think you do that from the Today screen. see “How do I Log Stats” https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435#logstats. Not sure how this compares to before as I’ve never manually logged any exercise.

megwifl I don’t know about challenges but I think if you rearrange your dashboard you should be able to add food and water https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435#remove_rearrange

For those, like me, interested in seeing your history this seems to be unchanged. Click on what you want to see and you get the same info as on the old dashboard. At least I do on the one’s I’ve tried.

I’ll be checking out https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435to see how to find features I use in the new app.

If that doesn’t sort out your issues vote for the feature suggestion to be able to choose which dashboard you use. You can vote, but not comment on https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Allow-Customers-to-choose-between-Dashboards/idi.... A new thread has been started but I’d have thought more votes = more chance of the feature (though another feature suggestion I’ve been following has been “Released” and will be on future smart watches- Versa and Ionic) but not on the Charge 2/3 it was requested for so even if the suggestion is accepted it may not do what you want) and a comment probably has no weight in decisions. Both threads have a status of “Not currently planned” and the new one has been locked so comments can’t be added. so Fitbit clearly don’t think it’s necessary, if everyone voted for one suggestion surely the number of votes will show its importance? Closing both threads to comments says to me Fitbit knows what the issues are. Splitting the votes can only mean no change?

Alternatively it looks like the options are leave a negative App Store / Amazon review or get another band.

Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge 3, iPhone X
Best Answer
0 Votes

agreed! The new app dashboard is terrible! 

The previous design was well laid out, and it was easy to visually see all of your stats/progress on 1 screen when opening the app thanks to the visual cues for each section.

This new layout is chunky and seems to be mostly text-based, making it hard to discern what's even happening on the screen at first glance (it takes my brain a couple seconds to even register what i'm looking at when I open the app now). Also, creating the need to now vertically scroll down to read all your stats just seems like straight up poor design work.

Really hope fitbit reconsiders this new design interface.. this is a fitness app, not a news app. Why is everything so chunky and in list-view now?

Best Answer

How can I get rid of the new terrible List UI and go back to the great Tile UI on my iphone? 

I see you can uninstall and uninstall an older version on Android. How can I do this on iphone? 

Best Answer

I feel sad that this is your experience, and just want to relay that this experience is not happening to me. I’m enjoying the new app, my GPS and HR work in harmony w/ each other, and the style the app is in now more resembles the app before it was “upgraded” In I believe 2015. So, I’m thinking they were trying to revive the live from we old timers that loved that older version while adding new features as well. You should be able to adjust all font to be visible to you on your iPhone. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its a SAD UI. Its bad design. And ugly.  

At least with Android you can fix the problems. 

With iphone I may be stuck with bad UI. 

Time to investigate AppleWatch. 

Best Answer

Come on FitBit where’s the evidence you are listening to your customers. Let us pick to keep the old dashboard rather than this totally dumbed-down version that removes the ability to see excellent data at a glance. 

Best Answer

Regret updating to new "improved" dash. Old dash worked fine. The new dash has so many- sometimes random- inconsistencies, inaccuracies, I don't know where to start. For instance, my dash shows I have consumed 60oz of water, 4 oz remaining to meet goal. My log only has 40 oz entered. Heart rate graphs are inaccurate. When avg beats per minute are expanded, the graph information is not scaled correctly. Sometimes, some of the dash data is inexplicably wrong.  If you have not updated, don't do it!

Best Answer

I have to agree - but being a bit more specific about why I don’t like it:

- harder to glance at the screen and pick up all relevant info, much preferred the tiles in a grid, rather than the list format now

- the colours make it harder to workout whether I’ve hit my goals. Okay so perhaps the bright green you used to have isn’t in keeping with the palette of your logo, but it stood out and made you feel good for reaching your daily goals

Will play around, but in terms of usability. Those are my two bugbears right off the bat. Wish I could go back to the old version.. 

Best Answer