Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app no longer shows sleep details when scrolling.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently updated the app on my phone and now it won't allow me to scroll through my daily sleep log. The reason I got a Fitbit was to help track how much sleep I was getting after having a baby. I use it to see when he wakes up and how long of stretches he's getting. Now, the app won't show the details, only the start and wake time, and the number of restless/awake. I want to see the times in between again, is there any way to get this back?! 

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

Hello @Melanie358, have a warm welcome to the Community and congratulations on your new baby! Smiley Happy

Currently the Fitbit app will only show the start and endtime of a sleep cycle as well as the quality of your sleep which includes the restless and awake times. Please remember that Fitbit trackers are not designed to be used by babies; if you'd like to see more details about your sleep or sleep from other days, please tap on the Sleep tile, then you'll be able to compare your logs and check the sleep graph as well. 

I hope this information had been useful, feel free to reply in case you need anything else. Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

To clarify, I do not use the Fitbit on my baby...I use it on myself, so that I can track how many times I am awake to feed him, how long, etc...and my overall sleep time, as well as how long he is sleeping in a stretch. However, since updating the app on my phone, I can no longer see the details when I click on the log for one day. It magnifies that day, but when I click over it, it does not show the awake/restless times like it used to. Had I known that this would disappear, I wouldn't have done the update. Is there a way to still see the detailed time breakdown for each day, rather than just a tally of minutes? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seriously disappointed in the sleep details not working anymore...is there a way to return to a previous version of the ap? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to see the different areas of your sleep.  Once on the graph of the day you choose, I can press and HOLD my finger on the screen and slide across the graph.  It shows times and stats that way.  Is this not working for you?  (I am on iOS - most recent version of Fitbit Mobile App)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I used to be able to do...not now though.  I had automatic updates on, so I'm not sure when it changed (today or yesterday). My daughters app on her iPod still works like that. But not my iPhone. We are running different iOS versions though, so I am unable to compare truly "apples to apples". 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also noticed my app no longer tells the amount of time it took to fall asleep. Hmmm...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RanaeK  I am on iOS v10.2 - is yours an older version perhaps?   I haven't seen the "time to fall asleep" in a long time.  (Many versions ago)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
0 Votes

That makes sense about the "time to fall asleep" since my daughter's app is a much older version. I think I was pressing hold in the wrong area. It seems to work only on the lower part of the screen. I was mistaken thinking it worked by pressing and holding anywhere on the bar graph. Thanks for the help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. So annoyed. It shows the graph with restless and awake times on the app but if I hover on the graph on each restless or awake line it won't tell me the time of night that it happens. SO annoying. This is why I got the fitbit along with the step recorder. I can use it on a Laptop or PC, but not the IOS Iphone and ipad... If it records it on the pc windows why not the app?

Best Answer

I have been chatting for the past hour with an agent and apparently this feature went away with the update. I am really irritated about this. I to struggle with sleeping, and that was one of the reasons I got the Fitbit. I need to see what time of day I wake up and am restless. It's shows up on the computer but not on the app.

Best Answer

UPDATE...I can no longer see hour of day when I scroll on the desk top.  I hope this is not a ploy to get me to update my device.  I have a Flex.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To the fitbit moderator:   Why was this functionality taken away?  When will this be fixed?   It is a useful tool to be able to see the specific times during the night you were awake or restless.

Best Answer

Totally agree...my doc asked me when I wake up and I no longer can tell her.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had what seems to be the same problem a week ago and solved it to my satisfaction with a method described in a post sent on 10 April. Should I send the post again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, please resend the April 10 post! I'm having the same issue with not being able to see the specific times in my sleep log. Pressing and holding on the graph isn't working for me.

Best Answer
Please do post

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem (for my iPad) began with the absence of choice of day for sleeplog display. To cut a long story short, I went to the Dashboard and clicked on the sleep symbol. Then I clicked on the icon, top right, looking like a gear wheel. This led me a window called Sleep Goals. I scrolled down to the bottom, to where it says “Receive sleep insights” and switched off the slider button. This gave me back the choice of sleep days. Once you have the sleep track image on your screen all you have to do is touch and hold the screen with your finger. Keep it in contact with the screen and the time at the point of finger contact appears on the screen. Slide your finger along the timeline and all the events (awake, sleep and restless) are given with time. Once you raise your finger from the screen this info disappears. I hope this helps.

Best Answer
Thanks Macpete; I just tried your method; unfortunately though, no luck on my Samsung Galaxy phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes please

Best Answer
0 Votes