Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not tracking calories for walk

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has anyone had issues where their Fitbit isn’t calculating their Calories when the walk is tracked through the Fitbit app? This is the second time it hasn’t tracked my calories from my walk. And it’s frustrating. I’ve changed nothing. Touched nothing. Done nothing different. It tracks everything but the calories. The first time it was 350 calories. The calorie burn this time was small because i added 6 minutes to a Peloton 45 minute walk. But still.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @StephPeddy. Welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for letting me know that the calories aren't being tracked correctly. Since you mentioned to have tracked your walk through the Fitbit app, do you mean to have manually log that activity or did you use MobileRun? Is the Fitbit app updated to the latest version?

As you may know the calories burned are calculated based on your personal information (age, sex, height and weight) entered when creating your Fitbit account. Although you've not changed anything, please verify if this information is correct in the Fitbit app. Then, force quit the Fitbit app, reboot your phone, open the Fitbit app, try tracking another walk and check your data when you finish.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No amount of restarting the app logging in or out turning Bluetooth on or off etc.  Ad Nauseam etc makes any difference . This all started when the app updated recently. It’s unacceptable especially when you count on knowing how long you have exercised in a particular zone. I logged exercise this morning for 1 1/2 hours. It said six yes 6 minutes of fat burning. No other data logged. When you look at the heart rate graph it’s clearly showing elevated heart rate in various zones throughout the workout. Thus the mystery data IS there the app is just not allocating it correctly to the Exercise log.  Before the app update it worked fine

Best Answer

Hi, @Allyshake ,  @StephPeddy and @LizzyFitbit , the issue you have reported (Fitbit app not calculating calories) is a known issue currently affecting iOS users.

The engineering team is aware and working on a solution ASAP.  In the meantime you can manually edit your activity log and update the calories.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
It’s more important that it correctly logs the time spent in each heart rate zone

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there no these are automatically logged exercises. Everything shows up except the calories burned it’s zero for everything. 

Best Answer

Hi @Allyshake@Julia_G and @StephPeddy. I'm glad to see you participating in this thread. I'm sorry for my delayed response. 

@Allyshake and @StephPeddy, thanks for sharing more details of what it's displayed in the Fitbit app, as well for trying the steps suggested above. I understand your point of view about this situation since your exercises should be logged correctly in the Fitbit app. We've received feedback from other members who are getting "Not enough data available" instead of their stats after completing their exercises in the Fitbit app. This has been escalated and our team is currently working on a resolution. For more updates about this issue, check this thread.

If the issue you're having with your exercises is different, please take a screenshot of what it's displayed in the Fitbit app so I can further investigate. Here you'll find instructions to attach a picture in your reply.

@Julia_G, thanks for the heads up! I just would like to clarify the information that our members are seeing in the Fitbit app in order to provide accurate details of this situation. I appreciate your help.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is doing the exact same thing.  Showing 30 minutes of exercise but not enough data to log steps or calories. 

Your link to upload photos does not work. 

Best Answer

Hi @Schlann. Welcome! It's great to see a new face around. I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks for sharing that you're having a similar issue with your exercises as well for your efforts while trying to attach a screenshot in your reply. Our team has been informed about our members who are getting "Not enough data available" instead of their stats after logging their exercises. This has been escalated to them for further investigation and it should have been fixed after updating the Fitbit app. If you've not done so, please download he latest version and check this thread for more details about this matter.

Keep me posted with the outcome.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit won’t even ready my calories right... 150 bpm for 10 minutes and it says 6 calories burned 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 won't recognise the calories burned on exercise and won't recognise them when they are manually added. Very Frustrated !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

All of a sudden my Fitbit when from saying I burned 1200 calories to 300 calories 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: I haven’t changed anything!  I’m not buying Fitbit anymore 

Best Answer
0 Votes