Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app on iPad does not show One as an option to sync.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had the Fitbit app on one of my iPads for some time, and it has always worked fine, both for my One and for my wife's.  I recently tried to install it on my other iPad and discovered that it had no option for working with the Fitbit One, which I have and greatly prefer to the other options.  Now the app on my first iPad won't work with the One either.  When I open it, the app asks me irrelevant questions and, when it finally gets to the list of products, does not show the One as an option; instead it wants me to look at ads.  How can I get the app to work with a One?  How can I reload the original app, which worked so well?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Fitbit app is only listed for iPhones, not iPads. In the app store, search for Fitbit, then tap on the word "Filters" at the top left and change "Supports" from iPad Only to iPhone Only. That will give you the right app. You can download it to your iPad and run it there with no problems.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Are you sure you downloaded the correct one? Sorry need to ask as I'm not having a problem

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the app on one iPad for a long time and it's worked fine until now.  I recently loaded the only app that I could find on the other iPad and it never worked--it never showed the One as a possible device.  The problem with the app on the first iPad is that it is now acting like the one that I loaded on the second--it wants me to tell it where I bought my Fitbit, what my gender is, and other things, and then tries to get me to Facebook.  If there's some place that I could find the app that I originally downloaded that would probably do the trick, but I don't know where, especially as that one has now gone bad.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your Fitbit one should be connected to your Fitbit account. As long as your logging imo your fitbit, the correct Fitbit account, there is no reason or need to set it up. 

The app knows from your account settings what tracker to sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been thinking more since my original post and have concluded that the problem may be that I cannot find any way to log in on the app.  I can log in on the website, but the first page of the app simply asks where I bought my Fitbit, with adds on the lower third of the page.  There is no place for logging in.  Am I missing something that I should be seeing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you post a screen shot? 

It should look lsomething ike this or have a square in the top right to tap on and you can logout at the bottom. Screenshot_20180325-134945.png

Best Answer

My opening page doesn't look anything like that; if it did the login would be obvious.  I can't go a screen shot, but I'll describe what I get; this applies to both iPads, one of which has had the Fitbit app for a year or two and one of which I downloaded recently.  I would add that after I go from one page to the next the only way of getting back to the beginning is often to reboot the iPad.  On the first page there is a question of where I bought my Fitbit, with icons reflecting Amazon, Other, and In Store.  That's the top two thirds of the page.  The lower two-thirds is an invitation to create a Facebook profile.  The second page asks if I want to "join our mailing list" on the top two-thirds, with an ad for redalerts.org on the bottom third.  The next page asks how often I exercise a week, with another ad for redalterts.org on the bottom third.  The fourth page asks my gender, with another ad for redalterts.org on the bottom third.  The fifth page asks me to select my device (with no option for the One), with another redalerts.org ad on the bottom third.  The sixth page tells me that I've "complete" the setup, with a Facebook ad on the bottom third.  The seventh page asks has various categories of information, for me to select one.  The eighth page, if I select "Personal Stats" and back out of the redalerts.org ad that pops up, allows me to insert various stats.  These last two pages have a back arrow that gets me back to the "complete" page.

None of these pages asks for my e-mail address and password, or gives me a chance to provide that information to create a Fitbit profile; the only profile mentioned is Facebook.

Is there some way that I can get to the page that you showed?  That's obviously where I want to be, not in this mess of garbage.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't sound like the Fitbit app at all. FitbotFonly pits advertising for fitbits and Fitbit could not create a Facebook profile .You however could connect your Facebook account to Fitbit. 

If you know how to take a screen shot it can easily be posted here. 

Let's go to the getting started board. 

How To: Add An Image To Your Post

Best Answer

I don't seem to be able to take a screenshot using the instructions that you sent; although the instructions include iPads, they may be more adapted for iPhones.  In any case, I originally got the apps for both iPods from the Apple App Store.  The first one worked fine for several years, with the log-on page, as I remember, looking reasonably like the log-on page that you've shown.  The second one acted as I've described from the time I got it, and now the first one has gone over to that method.  Looking at the App Store now, I can't even find a regular Fitbit App, only apps for finding lost Fitbits and various exercise routines.  Is there another source where I can find the Fitbit App for iPad, so I can delete the ones I currently have and be reasonably safe that the one that I now download will continue working the way the one that you showed will?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit app is only listed for iPhones, not iPads. In the app store, search for Fitbit, then tap on the word "Filters" at the top left and change "Supports" from iPad Only to iPhone Only. That will give you the right app. You can download it to your iPad and run it there with no problems.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

I think that I have finally figured out the problem.  It appears that the app that I've been trying to use is labeled "app for Fitbit devices" and is not a Fitbit product.  It has a logo that is sufficiently similar to the Fitbit logo that I didn't notice the difference; that also explains all the advertising and Facebook connections.  I was able to locate the true Fitbit app through the Fitbit website (following your suggestions at the App Store got me close) and it is now functioning properly on both of my iPads.  Thanks for bearing with me while I struggled through this; I don't know if Fitbit wants to do anything about this ersatz app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NevilleLongbott It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting this situation. I'm so glad you were able to resolve this with the help of this awesome Community members. I'm glad to hear you finally got the correct Fitbit app and that it is working correctly.

Thanks to all the users who participated on this thread to resolve this. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Thanks again. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes