Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app says "Not enough data available" when logging exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the sudden when I try to log past exercise (like the bootcamp class I just did two hours ago) it tells me there is not enough data available to show my heart rate zones, calories burned, or impact on the day. This just started happening this week and the only ones it is tracking correctly are the auto recognized exercises or the ones I log in real time on the watch. I can clearly see in the heart rate section of the dashboard that the heart rate was tracked all day so I’m not sure why there is a glitch. I have already restarted the watch, logged out of the app, deleted the app, reinstalled, and logged back in with no change. Anyone have a fix for this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

Sorry to hear that, Steve. ☹️

I noticed that lately my method would not work consistently. All in all, very disappointing that this hasn't been addressed by the app developers yet. Will it ever? Who knows?! 🤔

Thanks for trying anyway.

Keep safe out there! 👍

Best Answer

I JUST started having this issue today. Nothing I have found listed solves the issue. Hope someone can help.

Best Answer

Me too!  Updated app, deleted app, logged out and back in. Restarted everything . . .

Best Answer

I received a response from a Fitbit representative: "Thank you for waiting and letting us know about this issue. We're aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for."

Best Answer

I'm having a similar problem. For me, the heart rate data from my Alta HR doesn't show up in my exercise log when I track my walk in real time using the app. The HR data only works if I log it after it happens, which is not ideal because then I have to choose between HR and GPS data. I know it's tracking my HR because I can see the data elsewhere in the app. My app is up to date.

Best Answer

I’ve got the same problem and it’s definitely caused by daylight saving as it was fine until this morning - well spotted TrentHuey!

Unfortunately there’s no option to alter GMT+0, I’ve tried various other time zones and synced but no change.

Can you advise how to fix this please FitBit or at least confirm this is the cause and you are looking into it. Cheers!

Best Answer

I have been having this problem for months. "Not enough heart rate data available". I have the latest version of the app and have iOS 14.4.2 on my iPhone XS. My Charge 4 is fully up to date, too.

Best Answer

Same hereon my Charge 4 in Android with current app, when I look at map routes for heart zones I'm getting "Not enough heart rate data available".

A fix soon would be good. 

Best Answer

Any update to this? Still getting no app data on App 3.42. 

Best Answer

Hello! I’m experiencing the same issue and I’m currently using the most version of the Fitbit iOS app. Are you able to assist? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. I track my exercise through the app and every single one says not enough heart rate data even though if I look at the heart rate data outside of the logger exercise it exists. Very frustrating! Using iPhone 11, all up to date with latest firmware and Versa 2. Both tracker and Fitbit app are up to date.

Best Answer

I found the answer. When I start the tracking from the watch, I get heart data. When I start tracking from the phone, I don't. 

Best Answer
This worked for me. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a new Charge 4 and I am having the same issue- it says “not enough data available” under the Calories burned section for every workout. It’s accurately showing my heart rate and other day, just bot calories. I’ve updated the Fitbit app, updated my phone, restarted my phone (iPhone Xr) and it still shows the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

No you have not solved this problem. Whenever you start the exercise from inside the app it doesnt register the heart rate and just says "Not enough data available" - try it for yourself.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Fully updated app on Android 11. Pretty frustrating to realize this problem has been ongoing for a year and hasn't been fixed yet. It occurs when I track exercise via the app. 

Best Answer

Sad to see this still isn't resolved, in 2022. Just got a premium membership as a gift but this whole situation makes me doubt the membership value. Heart rate data still not available with activities started in the app with GPS data. Sad.

Best Answer

I couldn't agree with you more on this issue, Sikbit.

The only work around that I know of is the one I wrote about in this topic thread over a year ago.* That is, you need to use the TRACKING (GPS logging) feature **in the app** of a Walk, Jog, or Hike activity AT THE SAME TIME that you initiate the same activity on your Fitbit device. You need to remember to stop/finish the activity in both the app and on the device when you're done.

This action will record 2 entries in the app's exercise logging section. When you look at both entries, one of them will say no heart rate data available, while the other entry will have the heart data. Remember to long-press the entry with no heart rate data to delete it so that you don't have duplicate records for the same activity. 

I hope that works for you. 👍🏻

Greg (Montreal) 

* https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Fitbit-app-says-quot-Not-enough-data-available-quot-when-log...

Best Answer

Hello, 

This didn't work for me. I can still not see the Energy and still see the message 'not enough data available' when I go to Energy. But when I go to impact I do see the total calories burned and my heart rate has been tracked non stop. 

I have done a soft reset of my fitbit charge 4, restarted and deleted the app but nothing changes. I have a samsung galaxy s10. 

How can I fix this? It's been the same for weeks now... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maree, 

I have the same issue. I have updated my app but the calories are still not counted. I ve a. Xiaomi m11t

Best Answer
0 Votes