Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app says "Not enough data available" when logging exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the sudden when I try to log past exercise (like the bootcamp class I just did two hours ago) it tells me there is not enough data available to show my heart rate zones, calories burned, or impact on the day. This just started happening this week and the only ones it is tracking correctly are the auto recognized exercises or the ones I log in real time on the watch. I can clearly see in the heart rate section of the dashboard that the heart rate was tracked all day so I’m not sure why there is a glitch. I have already restarted the watch, logged out of the app, deleted the app, reinstalled, and logged back in with no change. Anyone have a fix for this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

This issue just started happening for me today! I followed all the instructions here and it didn’t fix it. I have the Sense. I did both a walk and an interval workout this morning and neither the heart rate nor calories updated - shows not enough data available - even though I saw the info on the watch while I was working out. I have an iPhone 8 with iOS 14.8.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you start your exercise in your phone app, your band doesn't even know that the exercise is started, so it doesn't save enough data, e.g. heart rate. That's why it can't work this way. If you want the map AND the heart rate, you have to start the exercise in your band.

But the biggest problem in starting the exercise in the band is dynamic GPS. When I changed it specifically to built-in OR phone GPS, it properly saved the map. But when I leave the dynamic GPS on, that's when map usually is not saved next to the heart rate.

Best Answer

Where do you get off labeling this "solved"?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jvglynnjr   This is an older thread.  It got a little off topic.  Are you using your phone to map your activity by tapping on the "+" sign on the exercise tile?  This is the option where the only choices are walk, run, and hike?  This is a feature Fitbit calls MobileRun.  This is the feature that has the "Not enough data available" note for the heart rate data.  If so, this was changed by Fitbit several years ago.  It is working as programmed and this was the explanation given by a moderator in a different thread.  This change primarily affected users whose Fitbits don't have an exercise app on the device.

If my explanation doesn't apply to you, can you please give more details about how you are tracking your activity?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got my Fitbit Charge 5 in February, so I don't think the Android app
is working as programmed. When I initiate a walk or run on the Android app,
like you said, tapping the exercise button and then the little timer icon,
I get good GPS tracking with my phone, but I always get this error message
about "not enough data available."
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, thanks, that sounds like a reasonable explanation. I will try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

update:  it worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jvglynnjr   You should be using the Exercise app on your Charge 5 if you want full details.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes