Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app says "Not enough data available" when logging exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the sudden when I try to log past exercise (like the bootcamp class I just did two hours ago) it tells me there is not enough data available to show my heart rate zones, calories burned, or impact on the day. This just started happening this week and the only ones it is tracking correctly are the auto recognized exercises or the ones I log in real time on the watch. I can clearly see in the heart rate section of the dashboard that the heart rate was tracked all day so I’m not sure why there is a glitch. I have already restarted the watch, logged out of the app, deleted the app, reinstalled, and logged back in with no change. Anyone have a fix for this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

I am having the same issue, only just got around . I have a HR Charge and Android running 3.25 (20243514). Tried re-boot the Fitbit, no success. App says that the Fitbit is up to date. My phone Samsung Galaxy A71

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no fix 😞 

This is so disappointing

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, issue is not fixt at all

Best Answer
0 Votes

Manually alter daylight saving time back to GMT+0 and it should correct itself on android.

You may have to switch between this and auto update time a couple of times for it to capture full history but it seems to have worked for me.

Fitbit still need to fix though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks TrentHuey. Where do I change this? in the app settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem....

Top left button (account) scroll down to advanced settings.

Turn auto update time off and manually put GMT+0.

You may need to go back and put auto update back on (and maybe off again) a couple of times to catch the full history again  but it seems to be fine now for me.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, tried on the iphone but did not work. Thanks anyway 🙂

Best Answer
  1. Mobile device: iPhone 6s
  2. Fitbit device: Charge 2
  3. iOS version: 14.2
  4. Fitbit Charge 2 firmware: 22.58.0
  5. Fitbit app version: 3.34 (1004)
  6. App behavior
    1. Collects GPS data from run.
    2. Collects heart rate information from run.
    3. Fails to apply heart rate information to run.  "Not enough heart rate data available."
Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW, the insert image function of posting isn't working for me.  I get a dialog that asks for the image source.  Hence, no screenshots.  I read that there's a workaround where you can upload images by editing a post you've already made.  However, I'm unable to edit the post above.  🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

As per the suggestion above, I am able to get heart rate data if I start a run using the fitbit.  However, in that case I'm not able to get music + audio updates of my progress.  So I have to chose between heart rate data (use fitbit) or music + audio updates (app).  Hopefully this issue gets fixed soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this same issue on my Android phone, even after updating my app. Had it on my Ionic and now with a brand new Sense. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
  1. Mobile device: iPhone 7
  2. Fitbit device: Inspire HR
  4. Fitbit Inspire HR firmware: 200001.88.11
  5. Fitbit app version: 3.34 (1004)
  6. App behavior
    1. Collects GPS data from run.
    2. Collects heart rate information from run.
    3. Fails to apply heart rate information to run.  "Not enough heart rate data available."
Best Answer
  1. Mobile device: iPhone SE
  2. Fitbit device: Inspire HR
  4. Fitbit Inspire HR firmware: 20001.88.11
  5. Fitbit app version: 3.35
  6. App behavior
    1. Collects GPS data from bike.
    2. Collects heart rate information from bike.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have exactly the same problem. Heart rate is tracked, I can see it in the app, but doesn't appear on any exercise added via the app, even one that's started live rather than log previous.

Tried everything in this thread. It's obviously broken, add it to the long list of broken things with the app and with the sync. For years I've found things are regularly broken by updates, Fitbit is probably the worst piece of software over ever used.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys,  have the solution.

The tricky is:

1. In the band: On the mobile GPS.

2. In the phone: able the "location services" to the Fitbit app and ON the GPS.

When you would like to track a exercise...

3. In the band: go to exercise > bike (wait while the band told you the GPS of the phone is connected - be sure the GPS is ON in the Phone) > play & roll.

Note: the fitbit support recommend using CGPS/GPS because mobile run should not be generating a workout intensity map or provide HR data in the exercise summary.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my Fitbit Inspire HR. It will track my heart rate automatically when I exercise. It will track my heart rate if I start by telling the Titbit that I'm about to exercise. But if I tell the app on my phone that I'm about to exercise, it won't record the heart rate. At the end of my exercise, when I check the app, it will say that there is "Not enough heart rate data available," even thought the Fitbit was properly recording my heart rate throughout my period of exercise.

I have followed all the recommendations on this string, and nothing works.

It is a Fitbit Inspire HR, version 20001.89.11. I have downloaded the latest app. My phone is an iPhone 11 Pro, IOS 14.1

Is Fitbit trying to fix this problem, or have the Fitbit techies just given up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Steve ... I also have an Inspire HR and posted my "fix" for it on June 27 here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Fitbit-app-says-quot-Not-enough-data-available-quot-when-log...

>> Is Fitbit trying to fix this problem, or have the Fitbit techies just given up?

It's not very clear what their intentions are. Maybe the current coding is making it difficult to link the data.

Hopefully, my link will help you out. Let me know if it works for you too.

Good luck!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Greg. I'll try this workaround. -Steve

Best Answer

I have a n Alta HR....does anyone have a solution for this one? 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

fit_greg: Unfortunately, your workaround doesn't work for me. I end up with my heart rate data and no map - the same as if I had just recorded my exercise on the Fitbit alone.

Best Answer
0 Votes