Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app says "Not enough data available" when logging exercises

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of the sudden when I try to log past exercise (like the bootcamp class I just did two hours ago) it tells me there is not enough data available to show my heart rate zones, calories burned, or impact on the day. This just started happening this week and the only ones it is tracking correctly are the auto recognized exercises or the ones I log in real time on the watch. I can clearly see in the heart rate section of the dashboard that the heart rate was tracked all day so I’m not sure why there is a glitch. I have already restarted the watch, logged out of the app, deleted the app, reinstalled, and logged back in with no change. Anyone have a fix for this? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

@LizzyFitbit I'm unclear about this statement:

"If you were tracking your walk, run or hike using the MobileRun function in the Fitbit app, it's expected to not get heart rate information as your tracker wasn't used to track your exercise."

I've always tracked my exercise via the MobileRun function and my HR data would be shown along with GPS data.

It suddenly stopped working though?

I don't think my watch (Alta HR) has the exercise app?

What is the recommended method for me to continue to track my runs with both GPS (I need to know how far I've run, and what the pace is) as well as my HR data? 

Thanks

How can I continue to 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AshleeHerg thanks will give that a go. I have never cleared the cache before and it had 214 MB in the cache

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

Thanks for your reply.

I have updated the app, it is now running 3.26.1

You said: "If you were tracking your walk, run or hike using the MobileRun function in the Fitbit app, it's expected to not get heart rate information as your tracker wasn't used to track your exercise."

There is no way to 'start' a run on the Alta HR without the app. If you start running (or walking) it will automatically detect a run and it will record the heart rate but in that case, it doesn't record the location/route or the pace. A few months ago, I was able to start the run on the app and it would record the pace, location/route, and heart rate. So something has changed. I suspect it is a software issue?

Best Answer

Screenshot_20200805-183608_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-183559_Fitbit.jpg

I'm using the FitBit app on my phone to record my walk.

Screenshot_20200805-183509_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-183531_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Didn't work for me 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was experiencing the same issue. The workaround I found was to start logging workouts directly using the watch instead of starting the workout using my phone. 

I did 2 identical runs both bringing my phone with me so that GPS can be tracked. The first one I started via the app and then second one I started via the watch. The run started via the app gave the error "not enough heart rate data available" while the one started via the watch managed to record my heart rate for the entire run.

I'll be using this workaround from now on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Alta HR so I can't start a workout on my watch, it would have to automatically detect it. As such, I don't think the workaround would work for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. Also have an Alta HR and to start the exercise from my phone. This was not an issue before. Has Fitbit come up with a solution yet??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Clearing the cache didn't work for me 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No 😞 they haven't come up with a solution yet and I am still experiencing the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit.jpgHi, I have found a workaround solution, far from ideal, but it was the only way I could get my fitbit to show both GPS route and heart rate in the same exercise. I have the Strava app as well, so on my phone (I have an Alta HR so can’t choose the exercise on the Fitbit device) I recorded my run with both apps at the same time (Strava and Fitbit. You have to allow them to be connected to each other and to sync) and on it turns out that in the Fitbit dashboard it shows 2 exercises (one with GPS and another one with heat rate - see screenshot below). As I said, far from ideal but it was the only way I could have both on my dashboard. Hope Fitbit fixes es this issue soon.

Hope it helps

[Image.jpeg]

Get Outlook for iOS

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you come to a definitive solution? A tried contact de support, but they could not identify the problem yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This update does not solved the problem on my Fitbit Charge. Could you check?

Best Answer
0 Votes

still experiencing the issue too....

😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working for me either...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has just started happening to me, 25th October 2020. Both the app and watch have been fine up until today.

I never take my phone with me for a run so the watch does all the tracking, it's a charge 4.

It's obviously recording the data as it shows time in each heart rate zone but doesn't display the graph or have the data on the map.

Charge 4 is up to date and app is 3.32 on Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I have had this problem since today on my run and walks (has been fine until today)....I manually adjusted the time zone to GMT+0/UTC and the heart rate zone data appeared.

It looks like maybe a bug with the time change - I see a lot of other complaints from the last hour change 6 months ago.

Hope this helps.

Fitbit please fix!

Best Answer

This starts to happen to me today after the daylight saving. 

please fix this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same for me on Android. GMT+0 and heart data have appeared

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to get my Cubii to sync with Fitbit and it's giving me the same error. Both apps are both updated. Any word on a fix for this yet?

I'm on an Samsung S10 Note+ UI version 2.5/Android Version 10

Best Answer
0 Votes