Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit developers!! Cannot access the app during airplane mode GPS

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Fitbit developers!

I am on iPhone and I think with the newest update, the app is trying to fetch the information on feedpage and does not allow dashboard to show during airplane mode. 

You can mimic the problem by just turning on airplane mode and trying to access fitbit. I could somewhat bypass this problem if I had the app running in the background all the time but as soon as the app tries to fetch the data for the feed page, the app goes blank and cannot access dashboard. 

This prevents me to track my hikes with only GPS signals. I had to resort to Strava but the problem is Fitbit does not pull GPS maps from Strava and it double logs my exercise. 

Could you guys please not have the feedpage (or any page that requires data) to be the first page to load upon fresh app launch?

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@woohoohoo Thanks for stopping by! The app does require access to internet for this same reason and I don't think this will be changed as it ensures that the data is synced to the servers and any changes made by another channel or device will be taken into consideration before displaying it on your phone.
For example if you go to your personal data on the website and change it you will see this on your app. Still if you wish you can vote to have the option to sync offline (just with the phone) in our Feature suggestions board, the more votes an idea has the more likely the developers may try to implement it.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying!

I'm sorry I realized I wasn't super clear. 

Before the whole feed feature, if i was in, let's say, Yosemite, without data, I was still able to use GPS signal to start logging my hike.

With the feed feature, if I were to be Yosemite and try to log my hike with GPS, I cannot even get to the dashboard. 

I believe it's because the app is trying to fetch content for feeds. As a result, you will see that the app is now blank.

Here is how you can may be repro on iPhone:

1/ Make sure you have quit the app

2/ Put your phone into airplane mode

3/ Launch the fitbit app, 

4/ Notice the app fails to load the dashboard

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like what y9ur saying is that the connected GPS will not start without network access.

Your first post simply looked as if you where trying to view the Fitbit data that resides in the cloud server.

Best Answer
0 Votes