Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit won't sync after iOS 13.4.1 update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have 2 devices i can sync my Ionic to, neither will work. Both are running 13.4.1 iOS. Fitbit app is updated. Now my Ionic is stuck at a factory reset and won't connect to anything.
Customer service rep said its a developer issue.  I should look for another device to sync it to. In the middle of a shutdown. During a virus pandemic...

Very helpful😡 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and for sharing the issue you're experiencing with syncing your devices after the iOS update. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the additional details and steps you've tried. I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

Our team is actively working on this issue, please keep an eye on the updates here. I appreciate your patience and understanding. Meanwhile, please try a suggestion offered by some users to disconnect the Fitbit device from Bluetooth on the iPhone, and then reconnect it. You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
22 REPLIES 22

Spoke to an fitbit advisor just now.my ipad done a update and now my app won’t find my inspire hr. advisor said that they are having compatibility issues, of which staff are working on to resolve ASAP. Guessing other fitbit users are experiencing say problematic issue. Very frustrating,just glad I am able to still sync via my mobile phone.

Best Answer

My flex 2 no longer syncs with the app after this latest update. It IS recognized By my iPhone 8’s Bluetooth and shows that it’s synced. 

I have tried EVERY trick but the app says the Flex 2 must be set up, but can’t  find it. 

I believe this latest update broke the app. Can someone help? 

Best Answer

After update Iphone 8  to ios 13.4.1 it can not Connect charge 2 . Appel Says it is fitbit`s problem

Before it was All ok.  I phone 6 se with old software All ok  with the ios 13.4.1 it is dead

Appel says that i can not go back to the old ios

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, is there anything I can do? Upgraded IOS on Saturday and cannot connect Charge 3 via blue tooth to either iPad or iPhone. Have tried all the usual fixes... thank you

Best Answer

I updated my phone last night to the most recent iOS and ever since then, my Fitbit won’t stay connected via Bluetooth for longer than 30 minutes or so. I’ve restarted my phone, disconnected and reconnected my watch several times. I don’t know what else to do this is so annoying!! 

Best Answer

iOS Update came last night. 
Inspire HR now it won’t synch with iPhone X. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I updated my iphone software today my charge 3 does not sync

Best Answer

After updating my iOS device to 13.4.1 my Fitbit stopped syncing to my app.  I, have others, have tried every Suggestion.  Nothing works!  My daughter is having the same problem with her Alta after updating her device, too.  So all my competitions with family members around the globe has put me at a clear disadvantage....  especially when I was the clear leader!  Please resolve.  

Best Answer

My charge 3 will not sync with iPhone XR after software was updated to 13.4.1

it will sync  with iPad. Have tried all suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, thank you for your participation in the forums and for sharing the issue you're experiencing with syncing your devices after the iOS update. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue, sharing the additional details and steps you've tried. I appreciate everyone's feedback, I understand that this can be very frustrating, our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome.

Our team is actively working on this issue, please keep an eye on the updates here. I appreciate your patience and understanding. Meanwhile, please try a suggestion offered by some users to disconnect the Fitbit device from Bluetooth on the iPhone, and then reconnect it. You can confirm the complete troubleshooting instructions in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lillya,  I’m very disappointed that this problem continues to persist. Please update your post today and provide honest material and a timeline. I’ve spoken with fellow walkers, and every single Fitbit user is looking at Apple Watches.  It’s past time to fix this problem!  Hoping for something!  Dot 

Best Answer

This is a ridiculous situation isn’t it? My Charge 2 won’t connect to the app on my iPad after updating to iOS 13.5, so essentially the only way I can view my stats on the iPad is via the website. So pleased I didn’t update my iPhone at the same time or I would be really stuffed! THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE AND REALLY NEEDS TO BE SORTED!!! I love all the Fitbits I’ve had and the features within the app but Fitbit are and always have been useless at correcting problems. I really think I will go for a different tracker next time....

Best Answer

Is this going to continue to happen with EVERY iOS update?... 🤬 Just updated iPad to 13.5.1 - now it won’t sync.
Afraid to update my iPad and iPhoneX at the same time - I need to have at least one device that syncs with my Inspire hr !

Last iOS update, it took me several hours of researchIng to get my phone to sync.  Tried so many things, I can’t remember what finally worked. 

PLEASE GET A FIX ON THIS!!!!

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for taking the time to share your comments and experiences. 

I understand that this can be very frustrating. Thank you for your troubleshooting efforts and the additional details. While we don't have a timeline for resolution, our team is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. I appreciate your patience and understanding while we work to improve your experience. Meanwhile, make sure you've tried the following steps:

1. Go into your phone's Bluetooth menu.
  2. Tap on the icon next to your Fitbit device.
  3. Press Forget this device.
  4. Re-open the Fitbit app and re-bond your device. 

The complete troubleshooting instructions can be found at Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Best Answer

Thank you this worked for me.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sassie66.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing that the steps provided in this thread helped you resolve the issue. Thank you for your feedback. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This “fix” doesn’t work. iPad cannot find the Alta HR.  Restarted both iPad and Fitbit.  Nothing works. Have not updated iPhone and both Alta and Alta HR were syncing ok to that, but the iPhone no longer finds the AltaHR as of last night. 😡😡😡😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

And now my Alta won’t sync with I updated iPhone!  I have done all the troubleshooting.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s a complete nightmare! I also followed all the tips, my Charge 2 was syncing with my iPhone but not my iPad after updating it, I turned on and off, told the app to forget my device, told my Bluetooth to forget this device, then tried to re-connect - no joy at all and then the app on the iPhone wouldn’t connect!!! Somehow overnight the iPhone righted itself so I can now use the app on that, but won’t even try again with my iPad in case I lose phone connectivity for good. It’s impossible! So cross. I wonder if there’s planned obsolescence after 2 years with all the devices, all 3 of mine have failed in one way or another around 2 years old...

Best Answer