Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting bedtime reminders though the option is off

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m getting reminders such as “It’s just about time to get some rest” (and others) even though my health and wellness reminders are off and sleep goals are not set. How do I get rid of them? It’s annoying!

Freddy

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Will you guys ever fix the bug in the "bedtime reminders"??

I have it off. I want it off. I don't go to bed at 10 p.m. thank you, some of us are on different sleep schedules, and it's SUPER annoying. I've even tried changing the times, evee though I don't use it!

Nothing will stop it from reminding me every night.

It's just as annoying as the "turn location services on" reminder... when I don't need Fitbit to know where I am every minute of the day, and I PURPOSELY have it turned off. I say no, and it STILL comes up as a notification a short bit later.

This is frustrating, and getting to the point of switching devices to Garmin at some point if these issues aren't fixed.

Did Fitbit stop programming ever since they were bought out??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Months have gone by and there is no resolution for this issue.  I don't understand how a simple issue cannot be resolved.  I do not have any sleep reminders set nor have I ever, yet occasionally for no reason, I'm told to go to sleep at 10pm.  I have the latest IOS for my iPhone 13 (15.2), Apple Watch 7 OS (8.3) and Fitbit IOS App (3.52.1) dated 12/10, and I keep thinking one day it'll be resolved, but no luck.  The only reason I'm continuing to use my Alta and Fitbit app, is I have over 20 million lifetime steps.  I enjoy the app to see my daily steps and compare it to the Apple Watch. 

I have to tell you though that given this constant annoyance, once the Alta dies, I'm done with Fitbit.   

Best Answer

HI @aljw - A question: If you turn on location services does it stop the bedtime reminders?

Have you tried the following procedure.

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and log back into your account.
  • Turn on the bedtime reminder and sync your device.
  • Then turn it off and sync the device again:

A couple of articles that might help.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_   This is an iOS bug that appeared in August.  Your suggestion isn't new.  It's been suggested by a moderator and it doesn't work.  My husband and I don't have bedtime reminders set.  Our bedtime reminders appear at the time our devices are set to go into sleep mode.  One user in the long thread gets a bedtime reminder from a device that doesn't even track sleep.

The moderator hasn't posted an update to the thread in a while.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Same thing - all notifications are off, Sleep Schedule is off, yet I keep getting Time for Bed prompts on my iPhone 13 with Charge 4. Reinstalled the app, logged on and off. At the end, I had to turn all Fitbit app notifications on a system-wide level.

Best Answer

Both my wife and I are having this issue as well for months now, Besides this there is now also the message asking to put location tracking on EVERY SINGLE TIME WE OPEN THE APP. I don’t want that, and now need to be careful that I don’t accidentally turn it on at some point because Fitbit just won’t stop pestering.

I have been a Fitbit promotor for years but not so sure anymore.

Best Answer

Has anything been done to correct this? This still happens to me in my Luxe, I have an iPhone 11 iOS version 15.3. I never turned in sleep notifications, I found where to turn it on and off, although it was never on to begins with, all days were set to 10:00 pm. I cannot remove all days, it makes you keep at least one. I have the reminders off, yet on Thursdays every week, it tells me time to get ready for bed. This is just silly, and beyond annoying. 

Best Answer

still no fix?hiting the wall on this one .tried the reset procedure numerous times ,customer service here? Ya no

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried these steps and it does not work!!! What else can you do to turn these notifications off??

Best Answer

I noticed on other threads related to this topic a recommended action that I have tried 3 times now since buying my Charge4  less than a couple months ago and it still doesn't work.

I reset it, changed the reminder to 8pm, reset it, turned the reminder off and I am STILL getting annoying bedtime reminders every night at 10pm and its not even set for 10pm!!

Its getting ridiculous now, such a simple functionality and there's no fix apparently.

Is there something begin done about this, considering taking it back and trying to get my money back or exchanging it another brand.

iPhone XR, iOS 15.3.1

Fitbit 3.55 (1103)

Best Answer

what's going on wth this, seems like people have been reporting it for a few years now and all of a sudden Fitbit have gone totally quiet??? Its a joke, driving me to distraction and their fix doesn't work and its really really annoying, I am really thinking I will try to get my money back and get another brand, frustrating.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

8 months later. Still broken.

”it’s just about time to get some rest” intermittently at 10pm.

I don’t have sleep reminders enabled. Seriously how hard is it to work out how to fix this?

I’m just going to switch off all notifications on iOS. Absolute junk.

Best Answer

I find it AMAZING (NOT AMUSING!!!) that Fitbit cannot or will not fix this absolute annoyance.  If I were an IT Manager for Fitbit I would start canning people in favor of competent engineers who can write legitimate code to FIX the Fitbit App.  It has been this way for far too many years now and Fitbit just ignores the problems.  I have a Fitbit Charge 5 which replaced a Fitbit Charge 4 which replaced a Fitbit Charge 3 which replaced my Original Fitbit Flex.  The Fitbit App has not changed or been UPDATED in a few years now, maybe Fitbit IT Managers are as incompetent as their Engineers and Code Writers???  I am pretty fed up with Fitbit, my Charge 5 is OK, but nothing to shout about.  The fact that the Fitbit App is still quite a problem and plagued with incompatibility issues after so many years does not speak well for the company at all.  I understand that Fitbit was purchased by Google about three years ago, that explains a lot about the lack of skills to FIX the **ahem**ED Fitbit App so it works well with an iPhone iOS.  Google is notorious for INCOMPETENCY in all they touch.  I have an iPhone 12 and it is completely up to date, but the Fitbit App still is problematic.  I think it is time to abandon this sinking ship and see what else is "out there" that is truly compatible with an iPhone and iOS.  It sure is not of much interest to Fitbit to correct the Fitbit incompatibility problems with iOS.  Well, I am starting to think that Fitbit Devices are of no interest to ME.  I bet in less than an hour of "shopping" I can find something that actually works with an iPhone.  Wish me luck.  Sometimes it is best to just cut your losses and move on.  Fitbit is a LARGE COMPANY yet they their inability to address their own self-induced design flaws for years now shouts that they really do not care.  Hitting them in the pocketbook would possibly perk up some ears, but that is yet to be seen.  There has to be an alternative Fitness Tracker that actually WORKS with an iPhone and iOS, as Fitbit claims.  Oddly, all of my other iPhone Notifications and Reminders work flawlessly.  It is just Fitbit that cannot put this puzzle together.   Time will tell, but by then I will be happily using a different Fitness Tracker and not looking back.  I will have a drawer filled with failed Fitness Tracking Devices from a company that could NOT care less.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also get annoyed with these bedtime issues at 22 o clock, while it is not set.

I think versa 2 is a poor product. Fitbit is not fixing any bug. I want to set the vibration level to off, but that is also not possible.

Before I got a Pebble watch. Fitbit took over Pebble, unfortunately not the technique quality…

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally figured it out. It's the way they are connecting to the iPhone and it's the iPhone that is sending the messages. I went into the app settings in my phone and turned off all notifications. It worked and FitBit should know how to fix...but obviously they don't care. 

I still get email notices on battery life and other stuff, just not the alert to go to bed. 

Sherry

Best Answer

Yeah sure, its possible to turn off notifications, set it to “do not disturb”, but thats not the way. Thats maybe a workaround, but not my solution. Its malfunctioning. Fitbit is not giving any solutions for any problem. Thats really sad. But thanks anyway.

Best Answer
Thank you for the information about the Pebble Watch. I assume its internals and even operating system will be very much like the Fitbit Models and the Fitbit App. It is amazing that Fitbit Engineers cannot fix this annoyance, it has been plaguing Fitbit Users for more than five years now. I guess the Pebble Watch will not be on my shopping list.

Thank you.

Jim
Best Answer
0 Votes

I to just started getting these notifications even though they are all turned off. I did the same and turned off all notifications in my iPhone settings. Pretty much defeats the purpose of having a fitness tracker if it can no longer do the elementary functions of notifying me of anything. Like having a watch that can't tell time! Guess there's no reason to renew my fitbit subscription when it runs out either. Can't use the functions so I might as well save my money.

Best Answer

Same here, I'm done with FitBit because of the garbage they've added to the app.  Started out as a good device and decent software to do what I needed it to do.  Now its just annoying.  Tossed it in a drawer and will look for other options or just do without.  FitBit doesn't give a hoot about its customers, that seems pretty plain. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Isn’t it odd you get notified by the app on the iPhone with a bedtime reminder, but that notification doesn’t appear on the Versa watch?
Best Answer
0 Votes