Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting simplified sleep instead of Sleep Stages

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

my App has started only showing simplified sleep data - no details of sleep stages. I asked friends and they are having the same issue.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
163 REPLIES 163

Hello @Bwarsh and @R2theT, thanks for coming back, I appreciate you have replied to me with the information requested. It's great to see you too @fmart1, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I would like to thank you for your participation in the Forums and for having tried all the troubleshooting steps I've posted on this thread. At this moment I will forward all the information you've provided to our team so they can check this issue further. Once I have more information to share with you and others experiencing the same situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced due to this situation, if there's anything else you might want to add or if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. Have a great day. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you sir

Best Answer
0 Votes
Try going into the watch and check in the settings for heart rate. It needs to be turned on to auto which turns on the green lights on the back. That turned out to be my problem. The other thing I did was to delete the fitbit off my app and then reload it. That seemed to help with some of my syncing issues. But it is sporadic and needs tending to very often. Too glitchy for my liking.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately this only worked for two nights and then back to simplified sleep patterns again. I don’t even bother checking every day now as it’s pointless!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve turned the heart rate monitor to on and back to auto and deleted the Fitbit app from the phone as well as the Fitbit from the app plus gotten a new Fitbit all with the same results 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have given up and will see what happens. I don’t think Fitbit actually cares if this doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree - they’re not doing anything to fix this problem which has been ongoing for months. They make you think it is your fault it’s not working and that no one else has this problem but these forums prove it is a big problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, thanks for your participation in the Forums. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have voiced your feedback about this situation. As mentioned earlier, I have forwarded your information and the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far to our team so they can take a better look at this situation and provide a prompt and proper resolution for this issue. Please note that we've never implied any of you is at fault when it comes to this situation and I would like to ask you for a bit more of patience while our team checks this further. 

Once we have more information to share with you about the progress of this situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. Thanks for your patience and understanding, I hope you have a good day and a great week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, @MarcoGFitbit

Thaks for your greeting... I had already joined in august though, when I bought the device and realized it wasn't working properly! Yes, we keep waiting...But please, hurry whoever needs to take care of this, since we've already been waiting a long time.

Sincerely

Fmarts

Best Answer
Dear MarcoGfitbit, I have talked to the support center and received a similar feed back. They are analyzing this issue and promised to return back to me as soon they have any news. What however I do not feel fair is to consider this subject as “solved” in this forum.
Best Answer

Totally agree. Please, remove the "solved" tag, since this is anything but solved.

Best Answer

Hello @fmart1 and @Acmartins, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

@Acmartins, I appreciate you have come back and let me know you've contacted our Support Team due to this situation. Please note that we do not mark threads as "solved", if someone has found some post useful, they can mark it as solved, in which case we're unable to un-mark it. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding and all the feedback you've provided. As our Support Team let you know, once we have more updated about this issue we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit Ok, then maybe a new unsolved thread should be opened.

Have a nice day!
Fmarts

Best Answer

The app says it cannot produce detailed sleep patterns as it cannot get consistent heart rate despite the fact that the heart rate monitor shows normally in the records but when I took off charge 2 whilst gardening on Sunday it shows that I was asleep for an hour!  It would seem that it does not use heart rate at all to record sleep patterns.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a charge 2 back in June, it tracked my sleep stages consistently for about a month, then it started to sporadically give me simplified sleep details.  The frequency of simplified details increased until Aug 22,  which was the last day I received a sleep log with stages. I have read the forums and tried the following over the last 2 weeks:

1. Changing the positioning of the fitbit on my arm (I see a consistent heartbeat track through the night so I don't think that the issue is a lost heartbeat).

2. Reinstalled the fitbit app

3. Restarted the fitbit 3 times

4. deleted a bunch of sleep logs

5. set the heartbeat tracking to "on"

6. set the sleep tracking setting to sensitive  

I have never used the sleep now feature.  

Do you have any other suggestions as to why this feature no longer works for me? 

I would 

Best Answer

Oh, and that too! I got two sleep records yesterday: one from the time I was actually asleep, and another from 7:20 am to 15:XX, so basically since I got up until after lunch, including my gym time -with weights workout mode in the device-, a walk, and some in-house cardio spring cleaning chores!

Yet, that would be no big issue for me, since I just erased it and did not seem affect the heart rate data, nor the steps, nor the calories recorded, which seemed consistant with my actual activity. The issue here for me, is that we're not getting sleep stages.

Regards,

Fmarts

Best Answer

I apologize if this message is showing several times, but something seems to not be working and I don't see it after I post it:  @Barbs501 It also worked only for 2 nights for me since August 3rd (date I started using it). My nights were August 19th (so 18th to 19th night), and Aug 26th. Just to see if they were the same! 

I also contacted technical support. I got a checklist of things, as follows:

"1. Manually sync the tracker.
2. Restart the tracker.
3. Ask the customer to try sleeping with the tracker on their non-dominant hand.
4. If steps 1-3 don't work, suggest that the customer manually log sleep to reflect the time slept. "

All done and tried, some even a few times. Except for step 4, which actually was totally pointless since the issue is not just reflecting time slept, but anyway!

After replying that I had done all this, the next answer was:

"Based from the mentioned error message, we'd like to share that Fitbit estimates your sleep stages using a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. While you’re sleeping, your device tracks the beat-to-beat changes in your heart rate, known as heart rate variability (HRV), which fluctuate as you transition between light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep stages. If we don’t have enough information on the backend to calculate this, we’ll show you your old sleep pattern which doesn’t require heart rate. It appears as though we didn’t have enough information, and as a result showed your old sleep pattern. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You may want to check the fit of your tracker to make sure we get a good heart rate signal. To learn more about how to check the fit of your tracker, visit our help site. "

Now again, my heart rate shows well recorded, as I have repeatedly stated. I don't understand why the support team still tells me that same story, and they keep telling me to check if I get a good heart rate signal, since I already said I get it, and gave pictures of it, so this answer makes no sense.

If it's a heart rate data colletion problem, it must be that the device or the software doesn't detect or look for heart rate before it attempts to give sleep results, which would be a problem of Fitbit, not of the users.

Now, please, can you really get down to it and fix the issue? @MarcoGFitbit

Thanks,

Fmarts

Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting me know about all the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. At this moment I have forwarded all your finding to our development team so they can take a better look at this situation. Once I have more to share with you about this issue affecting Sleep Stages I'll make sure to let you know here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else you might want to add, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

One bit of news: I got sleep stages two nights ago, but back to simplified today. So again, it seems I get them randomly every now and then, despite the fact that my heart rate is successfully tracked every night.

By the way, I wrote to support again, and they keep telling me that it must be not tracking my heart rate correctly at night. I don't understand why they say this, since I'm sending the pictures where it shows it IS BEING tracked. In one of my screenshots you see a full day (morning, day and evening, that is from 0:00 to 23:59) and in the other, you see the full daily records at the right side, how it shows flatter and greener when I'm sleeping and different during waking hours.

I would appreciate consistent and coherent support. Please, check on Morning, day and evening, all trackedMorning, day and evening, all trackedSee full daily records at the right sideSee full daily records at the right sidethese issues again.

Regards,

Fmarts

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, and here the screenshot of my one night stages tracking amongst lots of nights of simplified sleep. Nothing else has changed: same wrist position, same tightness, same devices synchronizing, same heart rate tracking hours. Again, it just seems it shows up randomly.

Captura (143).png

Best Answer
0 Votes