Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
333 REPLIES 333
I have a Fitbit Flex, and the new hourly activity feature seems to be working only very intermittently. I don't know how this feature works with my iOS devices, but even when I walk several thousand steps in a short period of time during the tracking period, the app is not updating.
Best Answer

They feature should be showing a mark for everyone that you walked 250 steps. As usual it will only be updated after the tracker has communicated with the Fitbit server during its sync time.

Best Answer
I've got the sync all day feature activated. I don't usually carry my phone with me when I walk, so I thought maybe that was causing a problem, but even if I take my phone with me it hasn't worked. My active minutes feature has never worked either, so maybe something is broken.
Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  My active minutes works intermittantly.  My step counter works fine.  But even though I have walked 3,416 steps since getting up 2 hours ago, it says that I have no hours with over 250 steps.  I have synced repeatedly.

Best Answer

There is a setting related to these active hours, telling Fitbit what hours to monitor. If your walking outside of the hours than no you won't get any.

Tap the hourly activity tile, then the settings gear. Set the hours for what you want. Your active hours will now show up.

Best Answer

Thanks, but I have already done that. Did not make any difference.

I checked back in my history and I have had no active minutes recorded since November 27, 2015. Just thought I would note that in case this problem is related to a glitch in some update.  I am current using version 2.21 on a iphone 6 with a fitbit flex.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Understood. I've already adjusted my hours monitored to what I want. The problem I'm having occurs during time periods I have indicated should be monitored.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Did you ever find out why this is happening bkhelminen? I am having the exact same problem and I don't see any other posts like this.. It's a relief to know I'm not crazy... I will walk 1000+ steps in an hour, which my tracker counts, but the hourly activity feature will only count 100. I posted something on this as well just now.
Best Answer
No I haven't heard anything constructive. What you describe is exactly what
is happening for me.
It's frustrating!

-Brenda
Best Answer

@bkhelminen @Kmarie8787 @Gophertrackshot @Rich_Laue Apologies for the delay on my end and thank you for bringing this to my attention. Our team is currently looking into this issue and I will be sure to update this thread once I have more information.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I also see the Hourly Activity tracker sometimes failing to "credit" me for 250+ steps in an hour, even when I have made sure to meet the goal. I have a Charge HR.

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue with my Alta. Even getting the alerts on the tracker that the steps are in but not getting credit for the hourly tracking. Very frustrating!
Best Answer

Mine was working great until yesterday.  Hasn't updated since then.  I have a Charge HR. 

Best Answer

@waramara how long ago has it been since you synced?  

Since im not sure what has been done, in starting from scratch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have 'All day' sync turned on, on my iPhone. But I also open the Fitbit app a couple times a day which also causes a sync to happen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Set up on continunous sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it looks like I lost the bpm around the same time as this feature stopped working along with my sleep tracker.  I sync mine usually 4 times a day, when I get up, during the day, after a workout, and before bed.  the bpm isn't working on the app or on my fitbit itself.

@Rich_Laue

Best Answer
Having exact same problem with my HR, sleep is not recorded, the new hourly feature only worked for a couple of days and heart rate isn't recording! I sync at least 3 times a day, heart rate monitor is turned on, and the hours for the hourly feature are set correctly. Would be great to get some solutions, I upgraded from my flex but so far not seeing any added benefit for the money spent...very disappointing 😕
Best Answer
0 Votes

My active minutes and hourly activity was working fine on my FLEX until Saturday. As of the weekend it shows 0 active minutes and 0 hourly activity even though I run and take more than 250 steps an hour. It just stopped. Please update the application soon, so I can get my minutes counted. 

Best Answer