Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
333 REPLIES 333

I have a Charge 2 and it will not sync consistently.  It seems to get hung up, reverts to old numbers, then I get the death spin.   I rely on this for my fitness regime!   Everything was fine until the last iOS update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think it's anything to do with battery level as I top up the charge in mine every evening so it's always fully charged. 

Allie
Best Answer

Nothing to date with battery level. Known issue that Fitbit have decided to leave for over a year without fixing 

Best Answer

I've come to the conclusion that for me it has to do with the last few minutes and the first few minutes of the hour.  If you go quite a bit back in this post someone explained this and I've kept an eye on this whenever I try to do my 250 at the very beginning of the hour (within the fist 3 minutes), it will say I did the 250, but then won't update on the app.  I do it this way sometimes because i know I'm going to be in the car for the next hour, so I try to get it in before I leave.  I also keep synching on my phone until I get the credit for it.  It usually will sync within 15 minutes of doing the 250, so If it hasn't given me credit by 10 minutes to the hour I make sure to do a bunch more steps if I can, otherwise no credit on the app.  I hope this makes sense, lol.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great you have come up with a work around but you shouldn't have to. None of us should. Fitbit should just fix the app so that it works and none of us have to do these things. 

Best Answer

Thanks debis123,

This is another example of one who does not read through the thread coming up with and settling for work arounds which have already been discussed. Again, I'm not going to get up in front of a meeting with executives and start running in place or around the room explaining that my unfitbit steps are not showing on my app. 

Best Answer

Agreed. Hard to do in meetings but they should fix it or have a way to input data manually if needed until they fix it or pull from MyFitnessPal or similar apps. 

Best Answer

Any update here? I still have this problem and it sucks! Its one of my main personal goals to move every hour. I will even get the "You crushed it" screen on my watch, and the app won't reflect my steps. So aggrivating. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue and it's frustrating. I set myself a goal of 12 for 12 for a week and it didn't give the dots.  My blaze was showing them but not the app. PLEASE fix this.

Best Answer

Nothing new. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone!

I wanted to reach out and let you know that the issue affecting the Hourly Activity graph has now been resolved. Please update your iOS app to the latest version if you haven't already. For more information, please check @DerrickS's post about these news

I hope you have a great day, if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MarcoGFitbit, thanks for the update.

However, I'm really confused. The links you included reference @DerrickS's posts from June of 2016, when apparently Fitbit had thought (mistakenly) that they resolved the issue back then.

Can you please confirm which version of the iOS this was resolved with? Because I have updated mine to version 2.35 which was released on April 25, 2017, and as far as I can tell, that is the most current version. And I can confirm that the issue was not resolved with this release as I encountered the issue since then (see my post from May 1: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Hourly-Activity-Graph-Not-Updating/m-p/1967253#M59255.

Please clarify.

Best Answer

Mine appears to be working now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Scarlet,

You do realize that this is an intermittent problem don't you. It doesn't show up unless you make your 250 steps early and don't add more than that later. Even though it shows on your UnFitBit, it won't show on your app because those steps counted in the first few minutes are not counted on the app. Please don't post that something is fixed until you give it time to prove itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Marco,

The problem you are pointing to as being fixed is where there were twice as many dots as there were hours monitored. Please read through the problems we are having and get this fixed. All you are doing by posting this false information is pissing us off. 

Best Answer

I have Fitbit app version 2.35 and this still happens. Your work around for changing the dashboard app no longer applies or at least I couldn't find in in my acct/advanced tab.  Yesterday for some reason my app was 2 hours behind my Fitbit blaze. It eventually caught up with one of the hours but I still lost one. 

Best Answer

Hi @MarcoGFitbit 
I sooooooo badly want this to be true, but alas, it is not so. My iOS is updated and this was today. Please post this when true, hopes dashed again. Oh Fitbit please do better...IMG_0222.JPG

Best Answer

There is no need to be rude. I initially posted ( in this thread on 8/22/16) about the issue so I'm pretty sure I understood what it is. Today, I got the 10 minute warning for my hourly steps and tested it to see it if was working and it was. Every hour I got the red completion dot whereas before it wouldn't count steps in the last 5 minutes or so. My statement is correct that MY Fitbit appears to be working now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scarlet294 - the problem is very intermittent and doesn't occur every hour or even every day. So just because you had one day where the bug didn't occur, doesn't mean it's fixed. Myself and others have confirmed that it is not in fact fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just happened to me again... bloody annoying. 

Allie
Best Answer
0 Votes