Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
333 REPLIES 333

This just started on mine a couple of days ago.  It seems the message stated there is a known issue back in April.  Was that fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. mine stopped working back in August and it still isn't working.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I can't find the response to my question on the site.

Moderator edit: Removed personal information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here. Mine was in June or July and no luck. 8 requests and probably 2 dozen employees later, no resolution.

I don't think they want to identify the issue and fix it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I just started a new thread on this issue today. Have they ever found the solution?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset my Fitbit and now the hourly count seems to be working.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Rose,

I don't think so. If they have, they are keeping it quiet. 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Alta and it did not record any hourly activity (thise 250 steps per hour) for 8 days in a row (Oct 24 to Oct 31) and for 6 days before that (Sept 22 to Sept 27). Also active minute for 10 days in a row (I walk daily for 15 min with rare exception) from Oct 24 to Nov 2nd. This while everything else seems to be doing just fine: steps, miles, sleep.
On another subject, how is it going on solving the issue with having to always put location on in order for the app to sync, I am sure you guys are aware that this is an issue for some time now and that it must be solved.
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine didn't work for months no matter what I did, and then one day, on it's
own, it started working, and has been rock solid since. I assumed there was
a software update, but since others are still having issues, it's clear the
problem isn't completely solved. I should note that I am tracking normal
daily activity with 2 times a day I take our dog for a walk (~1 mi). If my
Fitbit missed an occasional hour of activity, I probably wouldn't notice.
Best Answer
0 Votes
All, I was able to get my hourly tracking working again by resetting the flex. Do the soft reset and you won't lose any data. It's been working fine ever since. Perhaps they did an update but didn't. Other to tell anyone or respond to any open cases. I have somewhere around 7-8 open cases and no response from any of them. Good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes
My hourly graph will not stay at the time i specify, 10am to 10pm. Keeps reverting back to 9am - 8pm.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has the issue of the HR Fitbit not recording 250 steps an hour been resolved since I see the last posting about this being worked on in April 2016?  Rather disappointing that the feature doesn't work. Thx.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been having trouble with everything on my Fitbit Flex since August. The last thing to work was the actual steps. Finally that stopped working yesterday so for the “umpteenth” time, I restarted my Flex and much to my surprise, it works now. This just goes to show that no one knows why this works and why this doesn’t work.

I used to work in technology, developing knowledge bases for online Help and Help Desks. The first thing we would instruct people to do is to reboot. It became a joke but 90% of the time, it worked. The other 10% usually required a lot of trial and error and then followed up with another reboot and that often worked when it didn’t the first time.

Give it a try. If that doesn’t work, try it again. Good luck.
Best Answer
Thanks! I'll try that.
Best Answer
0 Votes
So.. My Charge 2 will show the hour as having the goal been met, but the app shows that hour as incomplete in the app.. This happens only on occasion. I don't get it..
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is there a fix for this yet? Just started having this issue with my Blaze...my Fitbit showed I had 9 out of 9 active hours yesterday but the app only credits 8.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is from April, but my hourly activity began failing to update yesterday. Hr2
Best Answer
0 Votes
Suddenly not working. Disgusted
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here
Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and am still seeing zero on my hours with 250 steps.  My hours are 7AM-5PM and I have 3000 steps so far today.  In 9 hours it's impossible to walk 3000 steps and not have 250 in at least one hour.

Best Answer