Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly Activity Graph Not Updating

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 07/06/17: This issue has now been resolved, and this fix is retroactive. Now go get that 250!

Fitbit Update 5/17/2017:  Apologies for the delay in updating this thread. We are still aware of this issue and currently working with our team on a fix.

There is a similar thread that has posted updates here. Thanks again for your patience. We continue to monitor this issue and will update as soon as we have a fix.  

Fitbit Update 4/26:  There is a known issue where some users' Hourly Activity Goal graph does not update even though they've reached 250 steps within an hour time frame.

This is a known issue that our team is currently working to resolve. Thanks for everybody's patience while this is being worked out.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
333 REPLIES 333

I have had this issue on and off, but this has happened now two days in a row.  I clearly got enough steps on my Blaze, but the app doesn't register it.  Frustrating!

Best Answer

When will this issue be resolved?  My hourly tracker will not update. Any suggestions?  I've done the usual l... turn off on...update...

what now? 

Best Answer

I got the Fitbit charge hr 2 for Christmas. My Fitbit itself says I've reached my 250 steps per hour, but when I sync to the app, it sometimes says I haven't. I then have to walk more steps and re-sync to make sure I get the credit for my 250 steps. The whole point of having the 250 step counter on the device is to avoid having to sync with my app every time to double check I have credit for it. This is frustrating, especially if this issue has been going on since April. Yesterday my Fitbit itself vibrated and congratulated me at my 9/9 hours, but my app said I only had 8/9 hours even after multiple attempts to sync it. What is being done to resolve this?

Best Answer

fitbit flex running ios android. i have reset, deleted and reloaded app, updated app.

hourly record of steps is missing most sessions and 250 hourly step count not working

this is the only function i use so flex is now useless. what is being done to resolve this

Best Answer
0 Votes

After a long, tedious, and very frustrating chat session with Fitbit support, the representative finally told me this is a known issue and there is no anticipated date of resolution. 

I too, was very interested in the 250/hour tracking. Of course, since it is a software issue it is specifically excluded from the warranty.

I suggest as many people as possible tweet this problem: https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport

Best Answer
0 Votes

same issue here - it was working fine but stopped working after i updated - iphone app

Best Answer
0 Votes
Will we be getting it back?

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

This hourly activity tracking does not appear to be working as of today.  Is there a fix or workaround for this yet?

Thanks

Best Answer

9 months later - what's the status?

Best Answer

I bagan having this problem for the first time yesterday. Today, I have already exceeded my 10,000 step goal, and my hourly graph is still blank, showing 7+ hours of being stationary. I even removed/re-downloaded the fitbit app on my phone, and restarted my phone.

Best Answer

Mine isn't working either.  It used to work fine.  Also my active minutes has stopped working also.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has there ever been a resolution to this issue? I have problems almost daily where it skips. It will update everything one hour after my steps (step counter, calories left, etc) but the next it won't. I know it's syncing because it will update the calories left to the new amount after my walks but won't update the graph. It will skip like this 2-3 hours out of the day. Frustrating!

Best Answer
Hi I am not sure if this is the same issue. I have a Charge 2. The heart rate graph seems to work fine until I go out for a run - and then when I click that the run is done, the heart rate tracker graph shuts down for the rest of the day as well - it starts up again the next morning but then stops again if I run....so I get the graph for the run but nothing else.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just started happening today.  Very frustrating.  Restarted a few times, signed off of app and back on and nothing.  It said 8/9 for the day on the charge 2(which is correct), but left one off on the app and the dashboard on my computer, so 7/9.  The strange thing is, usually when i've done my hours ( i have it still on the factory set of 9am - 6pm), it will show the chart on the watch for the rest of the day, but just now it set itself back to 0, so I walked 250 to see what would happen and now its stuck on 250.  No chart, just 250.  It's seems frozen.  Everything else works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got the reminder with 10mins to go

Did the steps to get to the 250

Got the message to say that the 250 had been achieved

No red dot

and even worse, no steps registered for that period at all...

Unfortunately my fear is that FitBit as a company has done too much selling and not enough fixing

A word to the wise: This is how you turn advocates into detractors 😞

And as a final update for the day...

After the steps for the final hour were registered

Watch says "Boom 9 of 9"

App say "7 of 9"

This is just silly!

Jamie

Best Answer

I just spent an hour on the phone with their chat support.  Tried a few things and she talked to their tech department.  They decided I needed to send it in and they will send me a new one, not refurbished, I made sure of that.  I told them I can't send it in until I get a new one because I use it everyday for a 6 mile run.  They were fine with that.  Ordered me a new one and they will email me a postage paid return label.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - is there any update re this? I kust bought my fitbit blaze last week and I'm already experiencing this issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is fitbit still working on this issue.  Mine is still not regestering.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know of any update yet, but call their customer service number.  If I only had it for a week, I would take it back.  If you call customer service, they will work with you to try to fix it and if they can't will send you a new one.  The new Charge 2 they sent me works fine.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the latest email I got from their Support team. I have zero hope the fix will actually happen:

Thank you for replying.  We appreciate your follow up regarding the red dots not displayed properly on the hourly stats dashboard. 

Our team is still working on the latest release update to fix this and avoid any future inconveniences.  Thank you for taking the time and writing us. 

Your support and understanding on this matter is appreciated.  

Sincerely,

Anna Q. and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer