Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity not showing correctly in the app.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Blaze is showing that I had 9/10 hours where I met at least 250 steps per hour but the app is only showing 2 hours.

help?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111

What I've found is that the steps the device counts are less than what the app counts so that if you are just on 250 steps the fitbit says you have reached 250 steps but the app says you still haven't, you still need to do a few more steps for the app to register that you have done 250 steps., very annoying.

And this has been happening since I got my versa in may, would have thought it would have been sorted out by now.

Best Answer

Hello @Jessbell79, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have joined the conversation and let us know you're also experiencing this situation. Please note that as mentioned earlier, our team is aware of the situation and is currently working towards a prompt and proper resolution. 

Thanks for your report, once we have more information to share with you, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to check to see if this issue is resolved?   I have received the Versa to replace the blaze and everyday there are hours missing on the Fitbit app though my watch display the correct hours.  This did not happen until I received the Versa.  I have restarted the watch several times, made sure I am using the latest app version for iOS. Reconnect the Bluetooth as well. The strange part about this is 3 days in a row I checked the app and a hour was checked only to be missing later in the day on the app only.  Please let me know if this is fixed yet or I am afraid I will have return the watches the family received as we all are having issues that we did not have with the blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same issue with my new Charge 3 Fitbit.  I do not believe this is a priority for Fitbit - they seem to be more predisposed to correcting items that impact sales of their devices.  Once the device has been bought, and some of these issues are found, the deed has been done, the purchase consummated, and the "issue" goes to the back burner.  This is obviously the case, in that the Fitbit Moderator "assisting" with the issue has said that it will be resolved "promptly", whereas the first message in this thread is nearly 1 year old. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to share your experience. At this moment, our team is aware of this situation, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Happy stepping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Marco,  after attempting everything I could possibly attempt to fix the issue and my wife did not have any issues with her Versa.  I am happy to say I exchanged my Versa from where I purchased and the issue is no longer present.  The issue seemed to be related to the device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're having a great day, I appreciate you have come back and let us know you've exchanged your device and no longer have trouble with the new one, I'm very glad. Smiley Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife and I both have a Versa, and an iPhone.  Mine are working fine, but hers are not.  Her watch reflects hourly activity, but the app shows only gray dots. Everything else updates correctly with each sync.  

Very odd. 

Best Answer

Hello @WoltetsK, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. At this moment, our team is aware of this situation and is working to resolve it. Once we have more information to share about this situation, we'll make sure to post it here in the official Forums. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply.

Best Answer

Hi, I'm having the same issue.  Just started a few days ago for me.  It did say I had been active for 6 hours, now says 1. I'm sad to learn there is not a fix yet, as it seems as if this has been a problem for quite some time.  I will check back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the 2nd time it is happening.  Both on my iPad and Samsung phone.i have been active every hour from 7am until now and it shows I have been active only for 2.i logged out .Turned my phone off. But nothing changes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Ineke51, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let us know you're also experiencing this issue. At mentioned earlier, our team is currently aware of this situation and is working on it. However, they may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Answer

Hi,

I've been using my fitbit Versa for almost one year without any issue. Starting from Monday it stopped syncing the hourly activity with my phone (an LG G5). The phone counts the active hours but the phone registers 0 active hours every day. It also looks like that the "reminders to move" are not working, even if they are correctly set up on the phone (the Versa does not vibrate).  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having the problem since this morning. I have 8 of 9 hours on my watch, but the app says only 3 of the last 8 (it is not counting the morning 5 hours). I see that Fitbit has just been blowing everyone off on this issue for about a year now with no resolution in sight. I can't imagine it is a very difficult issue to fix and needing a year plus to sort out. When will this be resolved?? I don't see the point of wearing a tracker if it does not track properly. If this does not get sorted out ASAP, I will go back to my Garmin watch and return this one since it is within the warranty timeframe.

Best Answer
Mine is okay now. But it is very annoying when it happens

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit versa since December and have never had a problem until today. My Fitbit says the correct steps per hour but on the app, it is not recording/filling in the dot for each hour. It recorded my steps for this hour, but I believe that was because I has the app open when I reached 250 steps. I use this to track my progress and I would love if the information in the app were accurate to what my Fitbit says. So far today I have walked 250+ steps for 5 out of 8 hours but the app shows only 1 out of 8. 

Best Answer
Well it happened twice with me on my Versa.
I moved every hour with more than 250 step.
It showed all the steps on my versa but on the app it said I only moved 3 out of 12 hours.
Hopefully this fault won’t happen again.

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ClaudioC and @SoCalGirlInCH @Caylyc, thanks for joining the conversation and the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you to @Ineke51, I hope you're doing well. 

I appreciate you have taken the time to report this situation. As mentioned earlier, our team is currently aware of this situation and is working on it. However, they may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, have a great day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem occur on 3/7/19!  I know I walked those steps for every hour and my watch told me so but the app on my phone only shows 6 hours!  

Are you you having problems with this again?

I have the Ionic.

Best Answer
Yes same problem on Monday.
I reset my versa but to no avail.
It only showed the first and the last hour on the app.
I walked every hour and had done over 20000 steps that day

Sent from myMail for iOS
Best Answer