Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add a custom exercise?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I add a new exercise to my list, I want to add “curves” it’s a ladies gym 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

I would just use *interval training* - it’s pretty close to what you do there, correct? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Carriehill and @Aboz97, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for bringing this situation to my attention and thanks @Aboz97 for your recommendations. Please note that when categorizing an activity (recorded automatically with your Fitbit device) through the Fitbit app you will be able to choose between your recent activities and many others using the Search bar. However if you'd like to use a custom activity such as "Curves" to categorize your exercise you will first need to create that custom activity in order for it to be selected. 

To create a Custom Activity:

1. Log into your fitbit.com dashboard.
  2. At the top of the page click Log > Activities.
  3. Click a common activity or search for one  If the activity is not in our system, create your own by clicking the Create custom activity text that appears below the search field.
  4. Enter the duration, distance (if applicable), and start time of your activity. You can enter the number of calories burned if you'd like to.
  5. Click Log Activity. Your activity will now be visible and editable in the Logged Activities area.

Once recorded you will be able to select it or search for it when categorizing an exercise. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Charge 3. I do not see the Log symbol on my dashboard. I want to add Hula Hooping to my activities. Kindly help.

Best Answer

@PortlandLass  My advice for doing this with the least amount of effort is to do the following.  Make sure you have Workout on your list of Exercise Shortcuts.  Track your hula hooping as a Workout from your Charge 3 using the exercise app.  Forget about trying to categorize it as "hula hooping" as you know what you are doing.

No need to waste time and effort trying to create a custom activity. 

My humble opinion.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

It's important to note that this can only be done via fitbit.com, not the mobile app. Once it's logged on fitbit.com, it is available as a selection on the mobile app..

Best Answer

Thank for this suggestion!  It allows you to use the watch as I suspect most want to - without having to go to the phone app or the browser.       

Fitbit team.  I've only had my Versa a few days, but it appears to me the selections in the exercise app cannot be customized.    That would be a fantastic feature to add to a near term update if it's not already there.   

Best Answer

Hello @Anamchara, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that you can customize the exercises showing in the Exercise app by going to the Fitbit app and tap on Account > Versa > Exercise Shortcuts. 

On this screen tap on "Edit" at the top right corner, as you can only have 7 exercises at a given time, remove the ones you won't be using and then tap on "+ Exercise Shortcut. You will have a selection of exercises to choose from, tap on the one you want to add and it will be automatically added. Finally, go back to the app Dashboard and sync your Versa for the exercise to show in the Exercise app in your watch. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know in case you need anything else! 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello I am using Charge 3. How can I add a new exercise? I tried the way shown above but can not really found anything. 

Thanks for your help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I went into daily exercise, then clicked icon in right hand corner. Typed in search what exercise I wanted then entered detail, time, hours etc.
It saved automatically

Hope this helps

Cheers for now

Caroline
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think what Anamchara meant Marco, is that it would be nice to be able to create an exercise that isn't listed, perhaps something generic that allows you to simply enter the calories a machine says you've burned.   When I workout on a rope pulley machine at the Y for example (which isn't listed as a fitbit exercise).  It would be great if I could simply input the number of calories that that machine said I burned after I'm done under an exercise that I've created labeled "rope pull".

I'm new at FitBit (using a Versa), if there is a way to accomplish what I suggested already, please let me know!

Best Answer

Adding to this, it would also be nice if, once a custom exercise has been added on fitbit.com, it could show up as part of the list that's on the Fitbit itself (app on phone and on watch). Seems silly to have to enter things manually every.single.time when things are not listed on the app. Thanks!

Best Answer

Yes it is important to note you must be on .com instead of the app. I find many things confusing about Fitbit. Looks like a lot of people do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does NOT work to add a choice to the menu on the FitBit screen. Which is dumb. I do barre class. It shows up on Fitbit.com but not on my choice of exercises. I have to do the "Workout" and then re-cateogorize it after. Which is DUMB. C'mon guys.

Best Answer

Agree. When I track my bike rides I have to track it as a run and then recategorize it. Why not make a list to choose from?

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

But there is "Bike" in their menu. Just go to the Exercise shortcuts, take
something you don't like off and add "Bike".

--

Best Answer
0 Votes

No - this is when I’m tracking it from the app. For some reason, the data is better this way. It gives the split data and other information that you don’t get if you initiate the session from the watch.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is pretty frustrating. I've added 'P90X - Chest & Back' three times now on three different workouts vite Fitbit.com.  Previously, doing that one time made it accessible via mobile app.  How many times must I add it before it becomes available to select via mobile or website? Even now when I got to select it, it says I have to add a custom activity. Yet when I look to the right and scroll down, I see 'P90X - Chest & Back' listed multiple times.  Crazy annoying. 

Best Answer

So basically I can add anything from Krav Maga to Competitive Eating in my Fitbit.com account and the app on my phone, but there is no way to get Krav Maga or Competitive Eating to show up on my actual Fitbit versa 2 screen. I saw I can edit my exercise shortcuts, but saw only options to add to the 7 from among there 15 or so set exercises.

Best Answer

HI Caroline,

Where did you find the daily exercise to click on ? I went thru my APP , Fitbit.com account and Versa ...

Can't find it ? I would like to set-up my workouts and then use it on my versa watch. Did you manage to do it this way ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

D.

Best Answer
0 Votes