Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change Incorrect water log?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have accidentally entered the wrong amount for today's daily water intake. How do I change it?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hinck For future reference, you can edit a water log by:

1. Clicking the water tile on your dashboard.

2. Clicking the today tile below the water graph.

3. Click on the water entry that you want to edit.

4. Change the amount of water and select the back button in the top left-hand corner of the Fitbit to get back to your dashboard.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Hi @Hinck

Have moved your post from the One to the iOS section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Mystique! In the meantime I kept pushing buttons and finally got all the additional ml deleted.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Hinck For future reference, you can edit a water log by:

1. Clicking the water tile on your dashboard.

2. Clicking the today tile below the water graph.

3. Click on the water entry that you want to edit.

4. Change the amount of water and select the back button in the top left-hand corner of the Fitbit to get back to your dashboard.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Best Answer

I'm new to using my fitbit so I accidentally kept entering a 4 oz water amount and it listed it 3 times. I thank you for the advice on how to edit and I was able to change the amounts to add up to 4 oz (1 + 1 + 2,) but I was not able to put in 4 oz on one and delete the other two (even when I plugged in 0 - it wouldn't accept this.) I'll be more patient in the future, but if I ever want to delete info, how do I do it?

Best Answer

Welcome @WendeeB!

No problem, I am happy to help. Robot Happy

To answer your question, you can delete water logs on the iOS App by:

1. Clicking on the water tile on your iOS dashboard.

2. Click on the day associated with the water log that you want to delete.

3. Swipe left on the water log that you want to delete and a red delete button should appear.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Best Answer

Hi. I have tried multiple times to select the water tile to go in and delete or Exeter zero as the actual water intake to replace to mistake I entered in the "quick entry" for water this morning and it just keeps going back to the previous page with all my water. Help! What am I missing??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Sportmom11z, welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

In order to delete a water log in the new version of the app:

1. Tap on the Water tile
  2. Select the day where that contains the water log is.
  3. On the next screen you'll be able to see Your Progress and Log History, Under log history select the water log you want to delete.
  4. Tap on the water log, on the next screen tap on the elispsis (...) icon at the top right corner.
  5. Tap on Delete, you'll be redirected to the previous screen where the change has been applied.

Give it a try and keep me posted if you need anything else! Smiley Wink

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Not able to delete water log info on android. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I logged the wrong amount of water intake and can't find how to correct this since it is "yesterday" entry.  I can edit "today" but not yesterday.  Is that impossible to correct?  Thanks solution solvers.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Confused484, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! Smiley Happy

Indeed, you can edit any water log of your choice, even if it's from past days. To edit them:

1- On the Dashboard tap on the Water Tile

2- Scroll down until you locate the date where the log is located and tap on it.

EditWater1.png

3- Once selected the day, you will be redirected to that specific day's screen, tap on the log you want to either delete or modify, then tap on it.

EditWater2.png

4- Now, in the following screen you can delete the log by pressing the Ellipsis icon on the top right corner of the screen or edit it by deleting the amount shown and typing it the new amount of water. 

EditWater3.png

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and in case you need anything else, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Tried that. Want to change from 12k of water to 2k. I change amount and press the top left and it still says 12k? If I press the + symbol top right instead, then it simply adds to it. It needs a - symbol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that. Want to change from 12k of water to 2k. I change amount and press the top left and it still says 12k? If I press the + symbol top right instead, then it simply adds to it. It needs a - symbol. There is no elipsis symbol on mine, just a + sign.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ATJ1968, I hope you're having a great day. Smiley Happy

It seems very odd that the water log is not updating correctly. When you change the amount on the field, and go back tapping the arrow next to the date, the log changes immediately. Would it be possible for you to send me screenshots of the process in your app? That will be very helpful for me to investigate this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried resetting my water that I added by mistake.. but it is not saving.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @WandaLopez, welcome to the Fitbit Community, thanks for joining the conversation! Smiley Happy

If you have recently deleted a water log but it's still appearing in the Fitbit app, it's possible the information is not updating correctly with our servers, in which case I would like to suggest the following:

• Force-close the Fitbit app by double tapping the home button on your phone and swiping up the app. If that doesn't seem to work:
  • Log out from the app, restart your phone and log back in. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Charge 2. I tried your instructions but water amount just keeps adding up!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SuSan1402, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps in my previous posts. Are you trying to remove water logs or just edit them? Have you checked your online Dashboard to check if the amount is the same as it's showing in the Fitbit app? If so, please take a screenshot of your Fitbit app and reply to me with it indicating the water logs giving you trouble. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed  the directions and I'm still having problems changing the amount of water consumed.  Any suggestions? Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @francmsv, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community. 

Would it be possible for your to reply to me with a screenshot of the log you're trying to change and how does it look once you change it? That will be very helpful for me to check this situation further. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding, I'll be waiting for your reply. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes