Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I locate a lost Fitbit device?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello..I lost my Fitbit and was told there is a locator....any help would be appreciated,,,Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Rje61 

Read this article for suggestions on finding a lost device - click

Moderator edit: updated link

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

@Rje61 

Read this article for suggestions on finding a lost device - click

Moderator edit: updated link

Best Answer

my husband downloded fit bit finder for android worked like a charm..

Best Answer

If you have been able to synch and you know it’s somewhere close by but can’t find it—go into the Fitbit app on your phone and under Account (looks kind of like an index card in the top right corner), click on your device name and you should see Silent Alarms.  Click on that and set an alarm and you will hear your FitBit buzz.  I knew mine was in my house because it would synch but could not find it anywhere for days.  Turned on the alarm and found it in 2 min!

Best Answer

Was your fitbit charged. We can't find my sons but I expect it will be out of charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did have a charge, so I would be afraid that if it is completely dead
then it would not be able to respond. Good luck!
Best Answer

I just wanted to chime in: your link helped find my mother's lost Charge 2. 

Even though she doesn't sync with her iPhone, I installed LightBlue Explorer on it (free), and walked around the house until we found it in the bottom of her hamper.

For anyone curious about the app, it's mostly a technical resource for BlueTooth developers, but lists nearby BT devices with a signal strength (from -90 to 0) for each.  I found that once the signal strength gets close to -50, the device is within 10-15 feet or so - and yes, it will detect devices up or down a floor in your house.

So yeah, this worked like a charm.  Thanks again for the link.

Best Answer

Hi @Whateverman

Thanks for sharing that. Your mom must be glad you took the time to track it down.

These little things get caught up in the strangest places. We should make a list of those places and check their first. Kitchen cabinets, bed sheets, under the nightstand and lots of others I've read on the forums and I'm sure other places they have hidden.

Good review of the app, too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was under my piano pedals

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @robertbb

Glad you found it. I was thinking only a cat would put something in such an unexpected place!

Best Answer

Hello @robertbb, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @Odyssey13, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

@robertbb, I appreciate your participation in the Forums, I'm very glad you have joined the conversation and let us know you were able to find your Fitbit device, thanks for letting us know. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Thank you for your suggestion. I looked for several hours and even contacted customer support. I had no luck until I set several silent alarms.  I had just gotten myfitnit so was very happy I found it. Thanks again for the suggestion

Best Answer

Hello @Thebuffer, thanks for joining the conversation, it's always great to welcome new members to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad you found your device! If there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply, we'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!!!  hahahaha woohooo!!!

Best Answer

Thank you found my Fitbit with the use of the silent alarm great idea

Best Answer

Hello @EJF3 and @kerTX, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know your issue has been resolved, I'm very glad. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

Lisa0921,

I have a new Versa 2 Fitbit that I received as a Christmas gift.  I followed your instructions, but cannot find a silent alarm setting anywhere in the area of the app you detailed.  I want to have this solution in place in case I do lose my Fitbit.:)

Best Answer

How do I find my Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh I need to know that too I got a fi tbit versa 2 and I need to find my silent alarms

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you know that your fit bit is near by as mine was still connecting to my phone set alarm and listen for it to go off on Fitbit this is how I found mine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes