Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I locate a lost Fitbit device?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello..I lost my Fitbit and was told there is a locator....any help would be appreciated,,,Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

I need help i lost my fit bit inspire and I don't know what to do please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a lifesaver! Thanks to you, I found my fitbit on the floor of my hall closet.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! This worked a treat! I have been searching 2 days and found it using the silent alarm.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those asking on how to find the Fitbit Versa 2 without Silent Alarms,  I found a way using Bluetooth and Notifications. If you have phone notifications activated on your Fitbit and battery life,  call yourself,  or go to your notifications menu and select a Call Test notification. Should start vibrating in the area you lost it.  Just worked like a charm!

Best Answer

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! 
This worked in 2 min for me also!!!!

Best Answer

You just saved my life... for some reason my Fitbit was with the utensils!? never thought to look there lol. 

Best Answer

@LucianaS  that's the first time I've heard of a Fitbit hiding there. Glad you found it.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been hunting around the house for mine all day without any success... I saw your tip re: the silent alarm just now, and found it within 30 seconds!!  Thank you so much!!  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad it helped x

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just goes to a generic "Select your device" page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, I’ve just found my Fitbit after following your advice, been going mad looking for it. X

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you select your device you can then set a silent alarm 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're able to sync your Fitbit then it's in range.

Many say to set a silent alarm but on my app i can't find it (i have an Android) so what i did was

go to my profile, click on my device, scroll down to notifications, on the top right there should be three little dot, click it and there should be an option that says send a test call notification, from there your Fitbit will start to buzz as though you were getting a call. Helped me find my Fitbit so quick 🙂 hope that helps

Best Answer

Hi @CindyDanni  good idea to use the test call. One of the app updates removed the ability to set silent alarms from the app. Since we have to set alarms on the devices, using the test call is the only way. Glad you found yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this answer links to a page that does not have the answer, please remove it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For clarification, I set a silent alarm on my FitBit app.  

- tap in person icon in top left corner of screen

- tap on your device on the Account page

- tap on Silent Alarms

- set an alarm for a minute or two from now

- your FitBit will buzz/vibrate when the alarm goes off, I was able to walk around to different rooms listening for it and eventually heard it.  It's not very loud.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @mjdon this is an old thread from July 2014. I'd expect the page links have changed in that period of time. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thanks for your participation in the Community Forums.

I wanted to inform you that I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have more questions about any Fitbit device or feature, I'd invite you to check our help site or create a new topic in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. Your feedback is truly appreciated, and we'll continue working to improve your Fitbit experience with our products, services and overall environment.

Have a good day.

Best Answer