Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i TURN OFF email and calendar notifications?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. Just got my Charge 3 this week. I am getting notifications for email and calendar items, which I have not authorized. No apps are authorized to integrate. I don't see any UI in the Notifications or Privacy dialogs to control these notifications. How do I get my fitbit out of my other iPhone apps? Thanks.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! I will gladly assist you with this inquiry. You can go to the notifications area and tap on each option (calendar and email in this case) there you will be able to disable each one individually. 

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AlvaroFitbit. I apologize--I did not state the problem clearly. Yes, I have of course checked the notifications dialog.

The problem is NOT that I want to end notifications FROM the Fitbit TO my email.

The problem IS that notifications FROM my email and calendar--such as the next meeting with my work team and my next doctor's appointment--are going TO the Fitbit wearable.

I do not want this.

I have checked the notification and other Settings menus in the Fitbit app, online at the Fitbit website, and on the Settings menu on the iPhone (8, iOS 11.4.1) for General and for the Mail and Calendar apps.

I am sure I am missing something about one of the menus. Is there a control to end notifications TO the wearable FROM my unauthorized iPhone apps, either in the Fitbit app or on the iPhone menus?

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I want to say that, although I am not confident that these actions prevent the Fitbit app from reading my iPhone data, I have discovered how to stop the Charge 3 wearable from displaying notifications and vibrating. There are two places where this choice is presented:

1) I pressed and held the left side button (in an attempt to reset). I saw a menu I had not seen before, with "Screen Wake" on the top and "Notifications" on the bottom. I touched Notifications, and it now is grey with a line though it. I think they are now off.

2) I uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit iPhone app. Upon login, I was presented with a modal asking me if I wanted to allow notifications. I selected "Don't Allow."

Hopefully this will turn off phone and calendar notifications to the wearable, which was my goal. There are no controls for those items in the Notifications menu.

Posting this for google. Smiley Happy

Thanks. ~ d

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have come back and let us know you were able to stop Notifications from reaching your Fitbit device. Please note that Fitbit does not store information from your apps and it only works as a way to see Notifications on your wrist, once the Notifications are dismissed on the watch or tracker they disappear. We do not collect this information. 

Thanks again fro your participation in the Forums, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting calendar notifications on my Charge 3, which I don't want. I do want other notifications.  When I go to my account and notifications, I don't see anything relative to calendar events or text messages to turn on or off.  Where do I find those particular options?  My charge just started buzzing for all my calendar events - annoying.  I haven't changed anything to make it do that.  Help! 

Best Answer

Thanks for clarifying the data storage, @MarcoGFitbit. That is good to know.

I also did eventually find where the settings I needed were located.

There are *2* "Notifications" menus in the Fitbit app.

One is under the Account icon--that's the one I was looking at, and could not find controls for call, text, and calendar notifications. 

The other is accessed by tapping the image of the device in the top left corner of the app. This shows settings for the device rather than the account, and *does* allow control of call, text, and calendar notifications.

I did not expect there to be 2 different notifications menus, but once I found this, I was able to solve the problem.

Best Answer

Where did you find this?  On the app on your phone?  I'm not seeing it, but would sure love to! 

UPDATE:

Never mind!  I found it!  THANKS!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @niki2007, thanks for joining us, it's great to have you on board the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

@SunsetRunner, I appreciate you have come back and let us know the information provided was helpful for you, I'm very glad. 

@niki2007, thanks for updating your post and let us know you were able to turn off Notifications on your device. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi just searching on how to turn off private email notifications and calender alerts on my fitbit which have just started to happen after 8 months and noticed you found out how to do it I have the fitbit inspire HR.

You have said on the app there are two notifications is this on the watch on app on line as I have been unable to locate either, gettig these messages through the nnight is not fun!

Thanking you in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi niki where did you find this to disable this information please?

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @magsa63 

I believe I can help you. Do this:

open your Fitbit app

tap your profile pic on the upper left 

scroll down and tap Inspire HR (located just below “My Family”)

then scroll down and tap notifications 

tap which notifications you want on/off

then just tap the “Today” button to return to the main page

Sync your Tracker

😃 I hope this provides you with an acceptable solution. Please let me know.

Best Answer
Excellent thank you I have turned off the email notification, thank you just need to turn off my calendar now for private appointments.
Thank you so much lets hope now no more emails during the night and vibrating arm!
Have a good weekend
Best Answer

I’m happy to read your issue is solved @magsa63 😃

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi delayed action I know but i stopped wearing the fit bit but today found your reply and found it.

Thank you so much for your advice it worked.

Kind regards

Best Answer

Thank You!!! I just got my new Charge 4 a couple of days ago and all of the email/calendar/etc. notifications were driving me crazy (besides draining my battery)! It's not in EXACTLY the same place as you suggested, but I got close enough to find it! Silence is Golden! Ah...for a good manual that should explain all of this!

Best Answer
Absolutely, such a lack of respect for privacy, no wonder google is looking into buying Fitbit to expand their data control
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please fill me in on how you found the way to turn off personal email and calendar on your Charge 4? It is driving me CRAZY! If I turn on "Do not Disturb" it won't give me the hourly step reminders, so that won't work. I find it irritating that Fitbit sets this feature on automatically and does not give users a simple - easy to find- way to disable it. The kicker is the emails that I get are for my husband's gmail, not even my own! It is the only thing I find truly annoying about wearing my Fitbit! Thanks in advance for any help! 

Best Answer

Wait, I just got mine Monday and the notifications from my calendar and text are driving me bananas.  Can you please explain how you did this?  When I go to notifications on the app (iPhone), it doesn't do anything when I tap on it.

Best Answer

Yes, having read all of the above posts and replies it seems the account notification option on the app is disabled as Mulva notes. Why is this and what is the remedy?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!!!!

Was going crazy

Best Answer
0 Votes