Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Fitbit app notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How does a person delete old notifications from the app? I have notifications going all the way back to March when I first got my Fitbit. There seems to be no way.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
201 REPLIES 201

Yes will look for different watch.

The fact that some claim they can delete after logging off and back on makes me wonder about some users!!!

Best Answer

Trust me you can’t but you can turn them off.

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you turn them off I have just updated from Fitbit charge 3 to the Fitbit versa 2 and guess what it’s still showing up on my Samsung S9 even though I had iPhone many months ago I have uninstalled and reinstall all apps I still have six messages showing up
LHHolmes
Best Answer

I tried deleting the app and reinstalled it.  The old notifications are still there.  On June 15, apparently the box filled up; new notifications are not viewable.  This problem existed before OS 13.

Best Answer
Thank you all. I have completely deleted the Fitbit app on my phone. They
have "improved" the usefulness right out of it.

JL
Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have every notification from fitbit since I first got it, January 2018.  How can I get rid of them??????? Log out/in does nothing. Uninstall/reinstall as new device does nothing. There is no ClearAll, there is no Open a notification then delete...

Moderator edit: all-caps

Best Answer

Same here!

I have every single notification from when i got my first fitbit ionic in 2017.

It's crazy they don't self delete, they don't delete when you log out and sign back in, they also didn't delete when I got a replacement Ionic (first one wasn't water proof) and even when I uninstalled and updated the app ( I'm on Android 9.0).

I don't think it is cell phone related at all since people can't delete notification using apple iphones or android phones.

So every low battery notification etc... is listed for years...this appears to be slowing down the Fitbit app because I keep getting the app isn't responding error when trying to scroll through all the notifications.

I also stopped receiving my text messages to my watch an update or two ago but am to exhausted to try and figure that bug out now also.

I really dislike when a company updates a working product and breaks it completely.

We should get a full refund since it no longer does what it did at time of purchase, no?

No?... okay, well then please fix the issues perhaps.

For every complaint on here I'm sure there are 200 people who searched for a solution but didn't bother logging into the forums to post a complaint and request for a fix.

Thank you.

One a side note:

My friend is currently selling his Versa on ebay because he upgraded to an apple watch.

I don't own an apple phone and been a loyal pebble watch user so I am still holding out hope that promises will be kept by Fitbit.

I'm also still waiting for the oxygen sensor feature to detect sleep apnea which is the entire reason I shelled out $300 on my Fitbit Ionic to begin with, when is that finally going to be enabled as it was also an advertised feature which led to my initial decision to purchase and it has yet to materialize.

Thanks,

Anthony

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have notifications over a year old, logged out numerous times and this does not remove them. I think you need an update to handle this.

Best Answer

I have notifications from March 2018 and don't get any new ones.  

Best Answer

THIS THREAD IS NOT ANSWERED FITBIT.

UNMARK IT AS ANSWERED. THIS WAS NEVER FIXED.

Reposting because the moderators love deleting this stuff.

Best Answer
How do you turn them off plz
LHHolmes
Best Answer
0 Votes
I wish I knew how to turn them off. It is so frustrating.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 2 and sync with an Android phone (Galaxy S10).  The fitbit app shows about a hundred notifications, going back to 2017.  They never delete.  I saw instructions about swiping right, but that just moves the app to show messages.  How can I delete all these stale notifications?

Best Answer

Hi,

I logged a complaint about the inefficient FiitBit application a few
months back with no "OK, I'll fix it" response.

I do some programming and I can't figure out why a fix is so difficult
but it must be because this complaint was logged many times before mine
and still no fix OR could it be Fitbit just doesn't care about their
customers???

Regards,
--
Sent from Postbox

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

have notifications that are at least 3 years old!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

i have the same problem and my notifications go back to March 2017

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get an answer? I, too have years of notifications! 

Best Answer

No I never got a response

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not always. Mine are several years old!

Best Answer
0 Votes