Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+Infinity In Goal Day?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was doing Goal Day yesterday and once I synced my Fitbit Charge and went to the Goal Day page it said next to my bar "+Infinity". I'm not exactly sure what this means. I also did not reach my goal that day either, so the bar should not have been like that. Also, I still got a trophy although, as I said before, I did not reach my goal .If someone could help me with this that would be great. Thank You.

Here's an image for reference:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

I'm not sure why there is a +infinity sign next to my name in the Goal Challenge.  Is the fitbit aware of this issue?  How long does it take to correct it.

Any information is greatly appreciated..

Thanks!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The +Infinity sign is an iOS glitch in Fitbit. The Android version of the glitch is a string of numbers where the +Infinity sign would be. Fitbit has been aware of the issue since (at least) 2016. They have said that the yhave been working to fix the glitch but it appears there has been no solution. There is a work around if you read around in the thread, but no 100% guarantee it will never happen again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the information!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit via their website. They will replace your Fitbit for free. There is no fix for the +Infinity problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure a new FitBit device will solve it either.

Here is what works:

1. Caused by joining a challenge (Goal day) while your device is actively syncing to your Fitbit App.

2. Do not join challenges until after you have successfully synced your Fitbit device to your Fitbit App.

3. If you get the glitch, message the Goal day creator and tell them you are going to quit the Goal day and have them re-invite you. It works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that information. I'll definitely get in contact with them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay. I will try this first. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

AND two years later your hardworking engineers still haven’t fixed the issue so I doubt they were either working nor working hard. Sometimes I just SMH are your companies utter lack of response to the most basic defects. Yet another reason to churn completely in favor of Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

ok what if you are the goal day creator - this is happening to me today - i see this issue is two years old and still no resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Follow @87hawkeye 's advice, by commenting in the challenge, or message one of your friends that has already joined, that you are quitting, and want them to invite you after your quit. If you have invited more than 9 friends, you could be left out this way.  If you catch it before anyone else joins, quit the challenge and start a new one. I suppose everyone that has joined could quit and await a clean invite too. 

I often start the Goal Day Challenge anyway, with no one invited, check my board in it, than use the + option to add friends if okay. 

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went to Fitbit and they gave me a new Fitbit Zip to replace the one I
had.
Best Answer
0 Votes

AGREE!! This is a problem for me today soo, but see it has been ongoing since 2016!!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS @Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The easiest way to deal with this is to quit the challenge.  However, before you quit ask some to to invite you back in.  

UPDATE:

@J-flex.  I neglected to mention.  This rarely happens anymore.

Best Answer

I haven't seen it come up in at least a year  And the fix is to quit the challenge and rejoin, ensuring that someone reinvites you.

I guess it was an issue if you join a challenge while your fitbit device is syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve tried that and so have others in my challenges.  It does not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. Please note that at this momnent, if you have already quit the challenge and you have been invited again but you're still seeing an infinity sign, quit the challenge, then log out from your account. Log back in and have someone invite you back, make sure that as @87hawkeye mentioned, join after your device has finished syncing. 

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let us know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes