Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+Infinity In Goal Day?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was doing Goal Day yesterday and once I synced my Fitbit Charge and went to the Goal Day page it said next to my bar "+Infinity". I'm not exactly sure what this means. I also did not reach my goal that day either, so the bar should not have been like that. Also, I still got a trophy although, as I said before, I did not reach my goal .If someone could help me with this that would be great. Thank You.

Here's an image for reference:

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

Best Answer
75 REPLIES 75

@J-flex wrote:

Considering a moderator has chimed in on this my guess the changes of this a low to zero.

Typos,  should read *hasn’t .......and *chances.......*are.....so much for really proofing my comments first....ugh....

Best Answer
0 Votes
Cannot believe it is happening again. I appear in challenges with infinity from the beginning of the challenge and I can’t make it go away.

Dorrie
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are some work arounds like restarting the challenge but there is still no fix for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@db29 wrote:
Cannot believe it is happening again. I appear in challenges with infinity from the beginning of the challenge and I can’t make it go away.

Dorrie

Actually there is a way of making this disappear.  Leave the challenge and have someone invite you back into that same challenge. Just make sure to arrange to have someone currently in that challenge agree to invite you back in after you leave.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, but that’s not really a fix.

Best Answer

Yes and no.  It fixes the problem until it occurs again.  The only way for this to be truly fixed is by the people earning the money at FitBit to fix it.  Unless they are notified then they won’t know it’s an issue.

Best Answer

I meant that there isn’t a fix that will guarantee it never happening again. Also, they’ve known about this for over a year and here we are.

Best Answer

Have you directly contacted FitBit support either via email or via Twitter.  They tend to respond faster when questioned on social media.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've meant to contact them, but I haven't gotten around to it since I've been busy with school.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I contacted FitBit and this is what they said:

Joice: Thanks for letting us know about this issue. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. Right now, what I can do for you is to create a ticket for your case so that I can submit it and look into your issue.
Me: Thanks. I've seen that Community Mods on the Fitbit Community Forums have said that Fitbit has been working on this and it has been over a year now.
Joice: To be honest, we are having some glitches with this issue because some applications experience bug fixes. However, since you have contacted us about this, we will look into your issue now and resolve this as soon as possible.
Me: Okay, thanks.
Joice: You're welcome and I appreciate your understanding about this. I have submitted your ticket already and they are working on it now.

Best Answer
How do I get the date back on my Fitbit? Gone for long time

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Wrong thread, but if you click the icon of your FitBit in the app it i’ll open up settings for that FitBit. If you click clock (might be watch) face i’ll show all the options for the click face. Some will have the date some will not. Depending on the FitBit it may not be an option (like if it is a Fitbit Flex).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am facing the same problem as yours since past couple of days. Has a solution been communicated to you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. The workaround seems to be to leave the challenge and rejoin it.

They haven’t fixed it.

Dorrie
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I thought about trying this but wasn’t sure if it would let me back in. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing except I did reach the goal....and the other people in the group show up as to how far they have reached but not me??? So weird!!!

Best Answer

Interesting to see the issue was raised in July 2016. Then Fitbit responds that they're looking into it.

Well, it's January 2018 and it's now happening to me. Looks like the problem is still being "looked into" (or not, actually).

Best Answer

Hello everyone, thanks for your reports about this. Please know they have not gone unnoticed.

Our devs and engineers are already aware of the issue and they are definitely working hard towards a fix. These types of bugs are very unpredictable, sometimes the solution is very simple and other times the solution takes more time to develop. However, I've found this thread with further discussion about this topic, check it out! Updates will be posed there. Smiley Happy

In the meantime, I see there has been a workaround posted by @J-flex while our team fixes this. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We're looking forward to getting  you back on business!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Goal Day the host had IOL quit rejoined to clear ok, then when they hit goal went back to an IOL again. Second quit rejoin returned to actual %. Weird recurrence I had not expected may indicate multiple locations in program code to be corrected.

Master of Radiculopathy
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is now happening more and more. I tried exiting and rejoining and it did not change. Fitbit, why can’t you fix this??????

Dorrie
Best Answer