Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. I'm adding food, but as I do, it either won't log it at all or it logs it as a completely different food!? Can this be fixed? 

Best Answer

Same problems started yesterday, 7-11. 

Will be glad when it's resolved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im logging food and its recording totally different food then I’m logging. For example Turkey breast is coming up as a beef burger?! If I scan something it comes up but as soon as I save it changes what I scanned.

Hope this is fixed soon.

Corren

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, since this morning every time i input food it shows up in the summary for q few seconds and then disappears, only seems to be logging one specific item and not the others

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here since updating. Hopefully they resolve this bug soon. 

I have foind that you can enter your food log into the website and it retains the information, useful if you don’t want to forget to log. 

*** Also as you add to website it reflects on the phone app correctly. 

Best Answer

I've owned a fitbit tracker for years and this is the 3rd time this has happened after an update.  They'll fix it but don't expect them to communicate effectively.  I've found their customer service to be pretty vanilla most of the time.  Normally the response involves powering down your phone, adjusting the tracker higher on your wrist, or some such approach.  A lot of problems are treated like it's the user's fault.

Just go to the website and log if you have to get it in right away.  I did that this morning.  Otherwise just make a list of food with serving size and wait, wait, and wait some more until the issue is finally resolved.  I can't remember how long it lasted in the past, but it wasn't longer than a day.

Best Answer

Since the 2.53 upgrade I’m also having problems logging my food. As soon as I press save the food entry is deleted. I have an Apple 6 with latest ver of iOS. This is very annoying and would have thought these sort of bugs would have been resolved before the fix was issued. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated the IOS app this morning. 

Iphone 6S with recent IOS version. 

Food input is now  corrupted. 

Food: It disappears after input and seems not to count right. 

I guess the Fitbit app needs some bug removal 😳

Best Answer

Yep, same here. App updated this morning (12th July) and now cannot enter anything. Reported from the app and told they were working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can find food items but as soon as I add them the food name and calorie counts change. Clover butter becomes Tyriaki chicken. Very odd.

Best Answer

Same problem as other posts. Food entered changing to complete random food that I've never eaten. Food also disappears once entered. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been happening to me also. This is very bad. It has/will disrupt each of us from the healthy habits that we have been forming and/or strengthening. I'm already quickly searching for a replacement wearable because I don't want to lose my positive momentum and I don't see much activity from FitBit's side. Good luck all.

Best Answer

I am having this issue too, so frustrating when I am trying to monitor my macros! 

Best Answer

I have the same issue, I log my food in through the website for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. When this will be fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rather than using the app on your apple device, use the Safari browser and go to fitbit.com.  You should be able to log foods that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This site is not user friendly at all so I prefer wait when bug will be remove. I one the bug is only in app but I wonder when will be fixed because I was use app not the site. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated today and now have the same issue! Very annoying 😡 hope you will get this fixed as soon as possible 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree, it's not so easy to find and add foods on the website. Items I have added recently on the app don't see to show up at all on the website. Will have to use for now but hopefully a fix will be available soon. It would have been nice to have been warned about this so we could have stopped the app auto updating.

Best Answer

The food log isn’t working I’ve uninstalled the app also have logged out and logged back in and when I put my food in it posts it but then it disappears like right afterwards.

Best Answer