Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488
Mine got fixed. Deleted old app and installed the new updated one. It
worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome news guys @d3bdub and @Sue50! And happy to hear you are back on track. Robot Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Hey @AnneColt. Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this inconvenience. As @SteveH said, double check that your iOS app is already running version 2.53.1. If it's, refer to the main thread where our team is asking some questions from the users still experiencing the issue. 

Any additional questions, let us know. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner did you try @Shadowliverpool suggestions? Were you able to update the app? Is the issue resolved for you too?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread. 

@itsmewa Glad it's working for you now. It looks like you are looking at your Charge 2 Firmware version. You can find your app version by tapping on Account on the top right-hand corner and then scroll down and tap on Help. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok my problem is fixed thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes updated on its own

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, all fixed!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
No, but then the solution depended on the Fitbit staff to fix the problem. I did however find a nice community. The only problem with responding to their comments to my post was that Fitbit administration told me they deleted my responses because they were multiple responses to the same topic. It’s too bad I cannot interact with the community members beyond my original post.

Fireweeds

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

This issue was resolved in-app update 2.53.1, I'll be closing this thread for further responses. If you experience any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread. 

@fireweeds Glad to hear you enjoyed the Community and thanks for your feedback. One thing to note is that posts appear consecutively, so if you would like to reply to multiple users on the same day it's best to include one post and @ each person to avoid cross-posting. This also helps the person you are responding to know you are corresponding with them, because your reply will likely not fall directly below their post, especially with high volume threads. 

Best Answer
0 Votes