Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488
All ok here

Thanks for the hard work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer

My Fitbit is working perfectly after deleting the app and reinstalling with new update. Thank you!!

Best Answer

Still not working the way it should

Best Answer
0 Votes

What a relief, I was desperately looking for some alternative app.....

Best Answer
Erick,

Update applied and food logging is now working properly.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside...
Only a true genius can find a way to set it free.
Best Answer

I'm glad the problem has been solved for most but I have yet another question... how do I get out of this conversation? I keep getting all the replies on my cell phone! LOL

Best Answer

I didn't seem to need to do anything more than update the app.  I saw on the regular iPhone  App Store badge notification that there was an app with an update available, saw that it was the Fitbit app, and asked it to update.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner If you're still experiencing issues, have you tried the suggestion that @IanButty has shared here? If you've tried that and are still experiencing issues, please provide me with the following info so I can get these specific accounts checked out:

• What is the issue that you're experiencing?
  • Are you already updated to 2.53.1?
  • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone? 

@GrammyVita You can follow the instructions that @SteveH shared here for unsubscribing to a forum topic. I hope that helps.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

How do you update the app? I cannot log my food!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Deleted my FitBit app and downloaded new one from the cloud and it appears to be working now. We shall see! 

Best Answer

@lisavon If you're experiencing issues with updating your Fitbit app, check out this help article from Apple Support with some good tips on how to update your iPhone apps. I hope you find that useful.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve got macros! Thank you!

Best Answer
All fixed!!
Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I tried reinstalling but no luck. When I enter the food directly into the computer I don't have that problem, it occurs only from my iPhone ??? In the beginning the foods I added changed to another food item but now it doesn't add anything anymore. I have to write it all down and enter at the end of the day on my computer. Kinda sucks….

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, mine, too!! Yeah!!
Best Answer

Even though my app was updated yesterday, I’m still having issues logging food. It keeps changing the food to completely different foods with ridiculous quantities. Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner the problem is due to a bug in the fitbit app for iOS which is why it is only happening on your iPhone.

The problem has been fixed in version 2.53.1 of the fitbit app so if you upgrade to that version on your iPhone the problem should go away.

Best Answer

I may have found a solution to this.  Reloading the app on the IOS devices and restarting the IOS devices did not do anything.  What I did was reboot the FitBit One and that got things going it seems. 

Simple update and so much hustle, better job next time at FitBit.

Best Answer
Yay me too

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer