Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with food input on iOS 2.53

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 7/19/2018: This issue is now resolved, please ensure your app is updated if you still experiencing this issue. We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation as we worked on a fix. I'll be closing this for further reports. If you are experiencing any new issues with food logging, please start a new thread.

Update 7/18/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports. Glad to hear the update has corrected food logging issues for many.

If you are still experiencing this issue, we would love to investigate further. The following would help our team review:  

• Are you already updated to 2.53.1? 
      • What is the OS version that you are running on your iPhone?  
      • What food database are you using?(See Account>Advanced Settings>Food Database).
      • What language are you using the app in? 
      • What foods are you trying to log? 
      • What specific interaction are you doing that is not working? (Adding, editing, deleting, scanning).
      • What time/date did you see the issue? 

We appreciate the additional details. 

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Update 7/15/2018: 

Thanks everyone for your patience on this. We sincerely apologize to anyone who has been affected by this issue and have been working hard to find a fix. We are preparing to roll out an update tomorrow, July 16th to solve the problem. In the meantime, customers can use the food logging feature in the web dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log.

Update 7/14/2018: We do realize this is a critical issue and our team continues to work on the cause and a fix. We don't provide timelines, in case something occurs and it can't be met, but we hope to have a resolution soon. Thank you again for your patience, reports, and cooperation.

Update 7/13/2018: Hi Everyone - we definitely do hear your reports and frustration on missing and strange food logs. Our engineers are still investigating and I hope to have a resolution shortly. 

While not ideal, you can log on Fitbit.com food log and it will populate on iOS correctly once you sync. You can log it here. We appreciate your cooperation. I'll continue to update this thread as I hear more. 

Update 7/12/2018: Hi Everyone - thanks again for your reports. We are actively reviewing this issue and I'll continue to update the thread as I hear further. As a workaround you may want to log your food through https://www.fitbit.com/foods/log. As mentioned in @sreid64's post, it will populate the iOS app correctly. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Update 7/11/2018: Hi Everyone - I've merged a few posts together. We are currently investigating issues with food logging on iOS version 2.53. Please continue to monitor this thread for updates. If this is severely affecting your food logging, you may want to log through Fitbit.com. Thank you very much for your reports and patience as we review. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,488 REPLIES 1,488
It’s here. Go to App Store and search for Fitbit. Click on update

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm the one who did not download the first update and had a working food log.  I saw this morning that the old update had disappeared and the new one was in.  So I downloaded it and the food logging had stopped working.  Solved the problem by deleting and reloading the app.  Had to set it up all again the way I like it but the food log is working okay.

Basic (disintegrated), Ultra, One, Surge (returned), Flex, Charge, Alta, Charge 2, iPhone 7 Plus, Macbook Pro, iPad Pro.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Allright update has been instaled. Will be back to food logging tomorrow morning! Back to 1700kcal a day 🙂 I hope, krosses fingers that nothing else is broken! Because I have lost a little faith in firbit... 😐

Best Answer
0 Votes

Krosses fingers 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To the Fitbit Team:

Thank you!

Well done!

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

It does now appear to be working with my food logging, hooray! I went into updates on my phone, manually updated the app to version 2.53.1 & so far so good! 👍🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is nothing in the Apple App store under Updates for Fitbit, and when I search Fitbit, the app shows up but it only says "Open" and not update.  Is the update not fully rolled out, maybe?  I use an iPod, not a phone, but I think it's still the same Apple App store?

Best Answer

I am still having issue with my BPM. my resting rate at the moment is 163. I have followed the direction to reboot and I have called support. not sure what the next step is. Anyone else having similar issues? I woke up this morning and must have ran a marathon in my sleep! best day ever! lol I'm frustrated as I depend on the versa to keep me on track and it is doing everything but at the moment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated my app, seems to be working fine now 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay!!! Back to easy logging. Thank you. 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use iphone and am not seeing the updated app 

Best Answer

Fitbit Update 07/16/2018: Hey everyone -- We have just released an update to the Fitbit app for iOS, version 2.53.1 which we believe resolves the issues with food logging that have been reported in this thread. Please update to 2.53.1 and let me know of the results so I can quickly communicate that to our iOS team.

Again, thank you for your continued patience as we worked to get this resolved ASAP.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Same here. Can’t find any of the solutions other people seem to have.
Best Answer

My calories are still not working as of 1:15 pm today is 7/16. I am so sad. Thank you for posting updates so that I know it’s not just me.  😊 and 😥

Best Answer
0 Votes
So far so good. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Brilliant news, thank you so much!

Best Answer

I am on iOS 11.4.1 and I can confirm that the FitBit app update resolved my issues with food logging. To test it, I scanned multiple items that did not work for me before and they populated correctly. I also searched and logged items that did not work recently and it was fine.

Thank you!

Best Answer

The update is not showing in the App store for me. Just the old app.

Best Answer

Hey hey works for me in the UK. Rock n Roll!

Best Answer
Scroll down and you will see update

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes